June 2017 Discounts

What's up with the AP discounts? These general discounts are not so great. I did get a great rate at AKL but it meant switching my CR ressie. Oh well. It seems most of the resorts have good capacity so I guess we aren't going to see the 30-40% discounts we saw the last few years. Bummer.

What's up with the AP discounts? These general discounts are not so great. I did get a great rate at AKL but it meant switching my CR ressie. Oh well. It seems most of the resorts have good capacity so I guess we aren't going to see the 30-40% discounts we saw the last few years. Bummer.
Pretty much! But the AP rate for late spring was a lot better than the general public discount so maybe it will be the same for summer.

Folks call this time of year March Madness (even tho its April :P). I'm living the madness hunting discounts for our June trip. This morning while stalking for AP discounts I noticed that the Yacht Club was showing a room price $20+ a night less then what we're paying at WL. I moved on......but while my wife and I were out doing errands I mentioned what I saw to my wife. She said............grab that.........that's the best pool on property!:-) I was a bit surprised, since we love the WL (our original resort for this trip) but I also love that pool...........and it works better for our plans the first 4 days of the trip. So I went home and YES! the discount was still available. So I made my 4th resort change for a discount for this portion of our trip.............that's madness! However, my savings is now up to over $300 and we only have to make incidental changes to our plans..........nothing that impacts a Park, ADR, or FP!:D We were only getting a 15% discount at WL.........now we're up to 25%..........and that's before any AP discount (which I know may or may not happen!)

I so enjoy saving money!

Doug :goofy:

Pretty much! But the AP rate for late spring was a lot better than the general public discount so maybe it will be the same for summer.

I hope so lol! We actually switched again to the GF. We were thrown off when there were no discounts at CR for our dates and in a panic booked AKL. We love AKL but stay there alot (it's our DVC home) so we were hoping for a monorail resort for our 10th anniversary. We just bit the bullet and booked a Garden view at GF with the general code of 25%. Hoping for at least 30% with the AP!!

AP DISCOUNTS HAVE HIT FOR THE SUMMER!!!!!

The stalking is over for our June Trip.............just got the AP discount on the Yacht Club portion took cost below $300/per nite..............the cost on the POP portion went to $106/per night! BooooooYaaaaaaaaaa! pixiedust:

Update: Total savings came to $595.........equal to 30% on total trip!!! OMG:D

Last edited:
I'm considering getting an AP, but would like to know what the discount is first. How do I check that?
The discounts vary by resort..........interestingly I got 30% on the Yacht Club and 30% on POP............that doesn't sound right..........but that's what my calculator says o_O. The values usually don't pull that good a discount.......but whatever. The other thing to keep in mind is you're not guaranteed a discount for the room you have/want. I got lucky........both rooms where "standard" rooms and the discounts came up..........but that won't always happen.

One thing, getting the AP for room discounts exclusively, in my mind, isn't the reason to get the AP. We live in NJ and had our AP's since Nov 2016. By the time our AP's run out we'll have visited WDW for 24 days...............that was the driving force for us. We also have the TIW card for the 20% restaurant discount. We love the store discount..........at WDW. The room discount is cool...........but for us.........its the entire package. If you're only visiting for 1 trip, less than 10 days............I don't believe the AP room discount makes it worth it.:oops: My opinion :D

The discounts vary by resort..........interestingly I got 30% on the Yacht Club and 30% on POP............that doesn't sound right..........but that's what my calculator says o_O. The values usually don't pull that good a discount.......but whatever. The other thing to keep in mind is you're not guaranteed a discount for the room you have/want. I got lucky........both rooms where "standard" rooms and the discounts came up..........but that won't always happen.

One thing, getting the AP for room discounts exclusively, in my mind, isn't the reason to get the AP. We live in NJ and had our AP's since Nov 2016. By the time our AP's run out we'll have visited WDW for 24 days...............that was the driving force for us. We also have the TIW card for the 20% restaurant discount. We love the store discount..........at WDW. The room discount is cool...........but for us.........its the entire package. If you're only visiting for 1 trip, less than 10 days............I don't believe the AP room discount makes it worth it.:oops: My opinion :D

Thank you. I am currently booked at the Poly with a discount through my TA. If I get the AP, I'd also use it to book a visit in May 2018 and potentially December 2017, if I can talk my husband into it. :) I also currently have the dining plan, but if I got the AP, would look into TIW. We tend to do a lot of nice/character meals. I'm trying to see if this makes sense to take the plunge.

Thank you. I am currently booked at the Poly with a discount through my TA. If I get the AP, I'd also use it to book a visit in May 2018 and potentially December 2017, if I can talk my husband into it. :) I also currently have the dining plan, but if I got the AP, would look into TIW. We tend to do a lot of nice/character meals. I'm trying to see if this makes sense to take the plunge.
My wife and I live in NJ..............we've been very pleased with the AP and what it offers. We paid for the TIW on our first trip in November because we used it with my family (party of 6). It just worked out amazingly well. Now we saved for a year to get the AP.........but we love it! We recommend it highly when you plan on 15+ days at WDW :D

My wife and I live in NJ..............we've been very pleased with the AP and what it offers. We paid for the TIW on our first trip in November because we used it with my family (party of 6). It just worked out amazingly well. Now we saved for a year to get the AP.........but we love it! We recommend it highly when you plan on 15+ days at WDW :D

Do you know if there is a way to check the discounts if you don't have the AP yet? If it would give us a savings on this trip, it would help my case to get the APs.

The stalking is over for our June Trip.............just got the AP discount on the Yacht Club portion took cost below $300/per nite..............the cost on the POP portion went to $106/per night! BooooooYaaaaaaaaaa! pixiedust:

Yay! The discounts are better than I expected. The discount for AKL is better than the agency offer I currently have. I was doing a split with 1 Pop/3 AKL/8 BC, but for the same amount (actually $16 savings!) I'm switching to 5 AKL/7 BC.

I'm sure my TA hates me by now...

We are renting points this trip but for my next two trips (2019/2020) We are going to get APs and time it so we can use it on both trips. By waiting til 2019, I should have time to save the money. Then I'll probably get the TIW card, as well. We do character meals and drink adult beverages so it should work out in our favor, as I can time it to use on both trips as well, correct?

........as I can time it to use on both trips as well, correct?
Absolutely...........8-) We saved (using the Disney Vacation Account) for over a year to get our AP's. We purchased in July 2016.........activated in Nov 2016 (with extra month :-)). That allowed us to use the AP's for 3 trips, all 8 day affairs! Looking forward to getting discounts this coming November :P

Yes I'm actually planning a long girls weekend or couples weekend for that year we have the AP, as well. I'll stay in a value or whatever...but I'm going to take advantage of that AP!

Yay! I'm glad you got the discount and thanks for the head's up that AP discount was now available. I called to check pricing and it was close to $70 more expensive compared to the summer room only discount I have currently so I'm leaving mine as is.

Yay! I'm glad you got the discount and thanks for the head's up that AP discount was now available. I called to check pricing and it was close to $70 more expensive compared to the summer room only discount I have currently so I'm leaving mine as is.
That's the thing about these discounts..........they don't always work in every situation. You have to look and evaluate..........as you did.

Have a great trip!

Some bizarre things going on with these rates:

It looks like the AP discount was only available for 3 out of the 4 nights I was looking. The 4th night was quoted at the rack rate, which wiped out any savings.

I tried booking the discount for only the first 3 nights, and it told me the AP offer was unavailable for those dates. Not understanding why that would be the case.

Do you know if there is a way to check the discounts if you don't have the AP yet? If it would give us a savings on this trip, it would help my case to get the APs.

I can check what the site currently says if you give your dates. But availability changes quickly, in ways that I haven't figured out yet. The number of rooms allocated to AP discounts is limited, and it's possible that the exact resort/room class will become unavailable as rooms book up or as passholders with existing reservations call in to request the new promotion.

Last edited:
I am super confused about changing my reservation. I have the summer discount on a room for 6 nights in June. I need to change it to 5 nights, but when I try to do that the summer rate is taken away. It allows me to increase my reservation by 1 night while keeping the summer rate, but not reduce my trip by 1 night. Has anyone heard of not being able to keep a discount while taking 1 night off of your trip??

It might have something to do with what date you start your trip and whether or not it is in the specific date range for the summer discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter