** June 2020 Check In **

Hi all! We will be in the parks June 16-19. We're doing a week-long road trip of sorts (eventually checking off all 50 states before the kids graduate); flying into Vegas and eating on The Strip, driving to the Grand Canyon, then Utah, a day at the beach in Dana Point, then three days at Disney. We're staying at Ayres Orange, and celebrating my daughter's 12th birthday with her, her best friend, my son and DH! We're really hoping to ride ROTR, as my son and DH are huge fans.

Hi all! We will be in the parks June 16-19. We're doing a week-long road trip of sorts (eventually checking off all 50 states before the kids graduate); flying into Vegas and eating on The Strip, driving to the Grand Canyon, then Utah, a day at the beach in Dana Point, then three days at Disney. We're staying at Ayres Orange, and celebrating my daughter's 12th birthday with her, her best friend, my son and DH! We're really hoping to ride ROTR, as my son and DH are huge fans.
Sounds like a fun goal for all the states.

Hello Everyone!

I'll be making my first trip to Disneyland and California 5/29 - 6/5. I'm going to be traveling solo and staying at the the Tropicana. I'm super excited to go out there for the first time, but as a frequent WDW vet I feel so out of my element. Any tips from a frequent Disneyland vet would be appreciated. I know its supposed to be so much more relaxed and easier in California cause there isn't as much pressure to get stuff done so in advance, but I feel like I'm going to get there and not know what to do or that I've missed doing the few things in advance that I should have. My plans are to arrive on the 29th and spend that day as well as the 30th and 31st seeing some California sights. I want to go to a beach since I'm not going to fly across the entire country and not put a couple of toes in the Pacific. I intend to rent a car just for those days. I'll be in the parks 6/1-6/4 and won't need the car then.

Hello Everyone!

I'll be making my first trip to Disneyland and California 5/29 - 6/5. I'm going to be traveling solo and staying at the the Tropicana. I'm super excited to go out there for the first time, but as a frequent WDW vet I feel so out of my element. Any tips from a frequent Disneyland vet would be appreciated. I know its supposed to be so much more relaxed and easier in California cause there isn't as much pressure to get stuff done so in advance, but I feel like I'm going to get there and not know what to do or that I've missed doing the few things in advance that I should have. My plans are to arrive on the 29th and spend that day as well as the 30th and 31st seeing some California sights. I want to go to a beach since I'm not going to fly across the entire country and not put a couple of toes in the Pacific. I intend to rent a car just for those days. I'll be in the parks 6/1-6/4 and won't need the car then.

waves hi, I'm a solo traveler too and our park days overlap, your first park day will be my last park day :) I have been going to Disneyland every year for the last 10 years, so its my home home park. This is my trip report from my June 2019 trip https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...any-firsts-mixed-with-old-favourites.3758518/

Thanks BadPink. I'll check out the trip report. As someone who solo travels, do you recommend any particular rides to use the single rider on? I noticed there's quite a few more in DL than there are in WDW.

Thanks BadPink. I'll check out the trip report. As someone who solo travels, do you recommend any particular rides to use the single rider on? I noticed there's quite a few more in DL than there are in WDW.

Defiantly Radiator Springs
Soarin - can be hit or miss, I usually Fastpass
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run - only if the end of the line is halfway up the steps
Star Tours has changed procedure since my last trip, so I'm not sure about that one
Indiana Jones - don't do single rider, Fastpass is much better

I don't do Splash Mountain , Space Mountain, Grizzley River Run, Goofys Sky School, Matterhorn or Incredicoaster so I don't know how efficient they are

Hello Everyone!

Very exciting! I tried to go solo but my sis came along. Now I have 3 kids, so it's not going to happen. haha!

Road tripping from Nebraska to California. This will be our son's 4th trip to Disneyland. He's 6 and has autism. He LOVES the parks. Well, he did on previous trips so hopefully he still does. Hoping to get the DAS pass like last time because that was a huge help for him. This will be his first multi-day road trip though so I am a bit nervous about that.

Days in California = June 22nd - June 29th. Staying at the Desert Inn.
Okay! I have you updated, and I think everyone else. Your days overlap some of ours. If you want to meet up I'm open to that. See if our 'sensory' kids get along. Haha! Send me a message.

Just booked! 6/6-6/10. First night at PPH, rest of the nights at DLH. 2 park days. One pool day. We splurged!

Hubby announced he has meetings in San Diego over my birthday week. Since we missed the opening of GE by two weeks last spring, he feels strongly I need to celebrate my birthday in Disneyland before heading to meetings. Ok! We have been trying to get to the parks without kids for years. So excited! Flying in June 14 and will spend the day at an Angel’s baseball game and Downtown Disney. We will be in the parks June 15-18. Staying at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites.

With the price increase....where/when does everyone plan to purchase tickets? We usually do it direct from Disneyland.com but thinking about using Getaway Today to do it with the old ticket prices. Any thoughts on this?

With the price increase....where/when does everyone plan to purchase tickets? We usually do it direct from Disneyland.com but thinking about using Getaway Today to do it with the old ticket prices. Any thoughts on this?
I just purchased tix from Last Minute Travel, for our needs it saved over 100 compared to Getaway Today and Undercover Tourist and 300 compared to Disneyland.com. There is a recent thread about the new LMT process (over the phone ordering). I would check that out.

I also purchased through Last Minute Travel. The only thing is they cannot add Maxpass, so I’ll have to pay the new price if we add it at the park.

We just got ours through Get Away Today with the old price and old Maxpass price so we're good to go! I think you have to order from them by Feb 20th to get the old pricing - not completely sure though - I was working quickly and doing a couple other things at the time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter