• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 2020 sailings

hoffman1

DIS Veteran
I was looking on the DCL site and you can still book sailings for late in the month.
Does anyone think these will actually sail?

The CDC no sail order ends on 7/24-which is why we saw that Carnival press release mentioning 8/1 as their "targeted" date for cruising to resume.

I think those dates you are seeing are the stragglers left behind after Disney cancelled through 6/18. It's still in their system for now but there's no way those cruises are going. At this point I don't see Carnival resuming 8/1 either which is why they came back and changed their statement because the public thought it was a firm date. Furthermore, the CDC will very likely extend the no sail order date as well.

Bob Chapek said DCL will be the last division to resume and we still have no projected park opening date but Disney Springs is beginning a phased reopening beginning on May 20th for its third-party operating participants.

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...otice-of-modification-and-extension-and-other

We are booked on the June 27 10-day Caribbean sailing and no word yet...same for the five days in advance at WDW...everything seems like a go...until, gulp, you read the CDC directive, as quoted above, that there are no sailings until July 24. The official DCL email/notice has not arrived here yet. We have contingencies, but our granddaughters don't want to even think about the word...hoping for some magic to happen. Stay tuned....

I was booked on the June 20th as well but I canceled it 2 weeks ago. Waiting to see if they will cancel it and hopefully get our deposit back.

Well, Disney World resort announced today they aren't accepting reservations until July 1. Sounds like the cruise announcement will follow shortly--too many people book pre-cruise stays at WDW for the Dream/Fantasy cruises for them to cut off WDW reservations but not cancel the cruises in June.

Well, Disney World resort announced today they aren't accepting reservations until July 1. Sounds like the cruise announcement will follow shortly--too many people book pre-cruise stays at WDW for the Dream/Fantasy cruises for them to cut off WDW reservations but not cancel the cruises in June.
I didn't know they made the announcement. So how far out do you think Disney Cruise Line will extend their cancellation date? I feel they'll keep their 6/18 date for now and see what the other cruise lines do. Carnival "thinks" they'll be back in business on 8/1 but I don't see it happening. If they want to be the first then so be it but Disney will continue playing follow the leader for sure.

This is a rough game and we have no idea when WDW will actually open at this point. I thought there was a little hope for June given that Disney Springs is opening this month. I tend to stay at WDW before my cruise as well and have a reservation at POR in August. I agree that the WDW and DCL cancellations will pretty much be in sync with each other.

I didn't know they made the announcement. So how far out do you think Disney Cruise Line will extend their cancellation date? I feel they'll keep their 6/18 date for now and see what the other cruise lines do. Carnival "thinks" they'll be back in business on 8/1 but I don't see it happening. If they want to be the first then so be it but Disney will continue playing follow the leader for sure.

This is a rough game and we have no idea when WDW will actually open at this point. I thought there was a little hope for June given that Disney Springs is opening this month. I tend to stay at WDW before my cruise as well and have a reservation at POR in August. I agree that the WDW and DCL cancellations will pretty much be in sync with each other.

Now that I think about it some more, it took them FOREVER to cancel the end-of-May cruises even though WDW wasn't taking reservations through May 31, so maybe we are just back to square one of "who knows."

I tend to think that at the end of the day, if Carnival isn't resuming cruises until August 1, DCL won't either. But I would expect the cancellation announcements will still be rolled out slowly a few weeks at a time.

I think they'll keep making baby steps either every couple weeks-ish, or sooner if government announcements keep forcing their hand as it has with the Alaskan cruises. I hope they say something Monday as I'm really feeling for people who supposedly are sailing next month. The earnings call said the cruise industry may well be the last to start back up and WDW nor Disneyland are open or have plans to open soon... it feels like the horse has already bolted.

DCL sent an email today acknowledging that I canceled before they canceled for our June 20th Fantasy cruise. They said they would be refunding all cancellation fees!! Yay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter