• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 5, 2016 - Magic Goes to England, Ireland, Scotland and France

Guys, I (Karen) am not cruising with you but my DH (John) and I are coming to watch you sail in and out at Greenock.

I have told all my Disney friends and they are all coming with us. We live just outside Glasgow so I couldn't possibly miss a Disney ship when she's so close to our home. We are DCL Platinum and we've been on them all multiple times, the Magic was our first.

I will be the 'nutter' with the Mickey hands, crying when she blows her horns. So wave to me, welcome to bonnie Scotland when it comes and have a great cruise xx
What will the weather be in your area in June(when we cruise)?

UK weather is " changeable.

Prepare for everything.

Sun, rain, windy, no wind,

This cruises us st the start if summer, July and August gets the best weather, normally, post Wimbledon tennis, ( last week of June/ first week of July it gets sunny, our school holidays start end July when we have the best chance of sun.

Anything is possible, we may get a heatwave, we could have floods. You may get an indication a week or so in advance depending if the jet stream is to the UK North, ( sunny) or on us or south, rain and storms. If we get a high pressure stuck on us it should be dry and hot.

But the UK is hard to predict, it shouldn't be cold, but you never know.

Good luck.

What will the weather be in your area in June(when we cruise)?

This is the national weather forecast for Dublin http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Dublin
Today
Sunny spells and showers this evening some of the showers possibly heavy and of hail with a slight risk of thunder also. Winds mostly light variable in direction.
Tonight
Cold overnight as showers die away, and it will become largely dry with clear spells and slack winds. Lowest temperatures of -2 Celsius, with widespread frost and icy patches.

This is the national weather forecast for Edinburgh http://www.bbc.com/weather/2650225

This is the national weather forecast for London http://www.bbc.com/weather/2643743

Karen - how fun it will be to have fellow DISers there to wave hello! We're planning to take the DCL transportation to Edinburgh that day - I haven't looked to see what the port area of Greenock looks like and if there are any shops or restaurants or places to hang out there or not --
Greenock, is rather small, but in the middle of beautiful scenery, Edinburgh is a good choice.

Hi friends! Anyone else watching the total chaos and meltdown on other parts of this site about booking DCL for next summer?? So glad we're set and so close to our awesome adventure. Also glad to see the Magic will make another round of the British Isles (in reverse order) in 2017. How many days till we cruise?!??!

Hi friends! Anyone else watching the total chaos and meltdown on other parts of this site about booking DCL for next summer?? So glad we're set and so close to our awesome adventure. Also glad to see the Magic will make another round of the British Isles (in reverse order) in 2017. How many days till we cruise?!??!
51! ⚓

Just 12 weeks until our cruise!

To me weeks sounds better! Lol.
If you are interested in participating in a Fish Extender gift exchange, please PM the following information to Alohagirl73:

Name(s)
Cabin Number - if you have more than one cabin in your sailing party and each cabin wants to participate, please sign up each cabin separately.
Number of people in Cabin
Age and Gender
Favorite Character
Allergies
Special Occasions
# Cabins Participating - this means if you want to only participate with a limited number of cabins due to space, etc., then put how many cabins you'd like to exchange with - this is how many gifts you would bring and then ultimately receive - so if you say 10, you bring gifts for the other 9; if you say all, then that's everyone who's participating.

If you aren't sure what a Fish Extender gift exchange is all about, this link explains:
DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Questions? Feel free to ask here or by PM. Sign-ups are due by April 30th.
Alohagirl73, can you PM me? I'd like to join the FE but can't find a why to PM you. Thanks in advance for your assistance! :)

Hello! We just joined all of you! So excited to be going.....a question? Is anyone organizing transportation from London to Dover? Last year for the Baltic Cruise, someone rented a bus that went around to different hotels, gathered us all up .....and off to Dover. It was fabulous and a very good price too!!! I know it's late, but are there any private tours still available?

VA Mickey Pals- I couldn't PM you until you have 10 posts! Sorry!

Time for Travel- No one has organized something like that. Everyone as far as I know has organized their own transportation!

Alohagirl73, can you PM me? I'd like to join the FE but can't find a why to PM you. Thanks in advance for your assistance! :)

VA Mickey Pals, it's perfectly fine for you to make the posts that just say 7, 8, 9. 10 to get you to the 10 posts you need to PM for signing up for the Fish Extenders.

Hello! We just joined all of you! So excited to be going.....a question? Is anyone organizing transportation from London to Dover? Last year for the Baltic Cruise, someone rented a bus that went around to different hotels, gathered us all up .....and off to Dover. It was fabulous and a very good price too!!! I know it's late, but are there any private tours still available?

Welcome time for travel - I've added you to the list of who's sailing on the first page.
I'm not sure about private tours -I know the private tour operators for some of the ports are already booked up for the dates we'll be there, but it never hurts to check. We found googling for the ports / tour providers led us to some ideas. We are doing Dublin totally on our own.

What are some of the ways everyone is getting to Dover? Any ideas?

We are arriving on Friday and using Coastal Cars to take us from Gatwick to Dover where we're spending two nights as a guest house.

VA Mickey Pals, it's perfectly fine for you to make the posts that just say 7, 8, 9. 10 to get you to the 10 posts you need to PM for signing up for the Fish Extenders.

Welcome time for travel - I've added you to the list of who's sailing on the first page.
I'm not sure about private tours -I know the private tour operators for some of the ports are already booked up for the dates we'll be there, but it never hurts to check. We found googling for the ports / tour providers led us to some ideas. We are doing Dublin totally on our own.

We are arriving on Friday and using Coastal Cars to take us from Gatwick to Dover where we're spending two nights as a guest house.
Thanks for your help NZDisneymom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter