• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 5, 2016 - Magic Goes to England, Ireland, Scotland and France

so bummed brunch was sold out! hope to get a seating. any suggestions?

I tried as soon as it opened for gold and it was sold out. ouch!

thanks badpinktink!

so used to planning everything thought it would be nice to wander on our own. Most tours that offer free time is barely enough time to eat.

I love Edinburgh, used to live there. Its a city of two halfs, the old and the new divided by a park and main shopping street. Take a wander down Haymarket and the old town, find the cafe where JK Rowlings wrote Harry Potter :)

Is it easy to get a cab into Edinburgh or should I do the Edinburgh on Your Own Disney Excursion?

Is it easy to get a cab into Edinburgh or should I do the Edinburgh on Your Own Disney Excursion?

Edinburgh is about a 2 hour ride one way from the ship. A cab may be a bit pricey. I am sure others may chime in on other ways to get there, but with that distance, taking Disney transportation may be safer.

DVCers...when do you think the party will be for members?

Trying to make plans for sea days and feel like the even would be the first sea day to allow time to "promote" DVc to other guests.

thoughts?
Last June we did the Norway and Northern European Cruise on the Magic. On both cruises the DVC meet and greet was at the unforgivable hour of 8:30 am the first day.

DVCers...when do you think the party will be for members?

Trying to make plans for sea days and feel like the even would be the first sea day to allow time to "promote" DVc to other guests.

thoughts?
They so often do the DVC member event on the first day, before the sail away party. It will be interesting to see how they handle it for us. :)

It's so important to read the Navigators to know what's going on when. We've missed things like Castaway Club and DVC Members gatherings because we didn't read or didn't flip through all the things they leave on the bed. Plus I hate having the first sea day full of "errands" and things I want to do rather than having a lazy morning. We may just miss some of these this trip.

As for Edinburgh, we opted to take Disney transportation in because of the distance - and then if something were to happen regarding transportation back to the port, the ship will wait. I have a nervous nellie in my group so we take DCL transportation unless we are somewhere that we can easily manage to get ourselves back - or if we do private transportation, we plan to arrive back at the ship with travel-distance time to spare - so if it's a two-hour trip somewhere, we plan to be back to the ship no less than two hours before sailing - which means we lose time in the city we've been to - but it helps us enjoy the time a bit better. So I was happy to see a DCL transport option for going to Edinburgh.

Is this the cafe: http://www.elephanthouse.biz/ ? We are going to just wander around the castle area after we see the cannon shots at noon and it would be nice to have some "surprise" destinations / fun facts to reveal to the guys. We did this in Vancouver - I had looked up all the things to do in the area and found out about the Steam Clock in Gastown - I knew they would love it so I didn't say anything but just walked us to it and they loved it, especially DH. Zach is my literary guy so I know he'll enjoy seeing where a famous author spent hours writing.

I'm excited to see the ceramic poppies at the church in Kirkwall. https://www.1418now.org.uk/commissions/poppies-weeping-window/

As for Palo Brunch, I suggest going straight to the location where the onboard reservations are being handled to see if you can get a spot. What time do you all have for your boarding? I think we have 11:30 but I'll have to recheck. Zach and I want to do it since he's 18 and it's his graduation trip. Gary and Nathan care nothing about it. Did y'all see Palo changed their dress code?

just thought I'd post some last minute things you might not have thought of for Dublin port but which probably applies to other ports too.

Our weather is unpredictable, today we had hail stone showers and bright blue skies alternating. Pack an umbrella, warm hat and sun screen and sun glasses. I'm still wearing my winter coat and its near the end of April!

Pack comfortable walking shoes as you will walk alot more in Europe than you do at home. Think going to WDW / DL.

Pack a couple of reusable cloth / fold-able cloth bags. In Dublin stores only give out paper bags with purchases. I'm guessing you will be all buying souvenirs, and if it rains many of these bags fall apart. I keep 2 fold up bags in my handbag at all times.

Here's the current Roll Call. If there's someone listed here that you know has had to cancel, please let me know so I can update the list. Thanks. And if you aren't on here, let me know that, too - and if your info is wrong, I can fix that as well :)

Roll Call for this cruise:

(updated 04-22-2016 - if you are sailing and we missed you on the list, send a PM to nzdisneymom to add you here)

abbycinnamon, parents and sister
Alohagirl73 (& DH, DD5 and DS1)
bjt (Brian), DW (Sherri), DD16 DS12
Bellesmommy, her Mom, and DD (10)
BluegrassBelles - Donna, Joan, Sandy, and Sarah and Jeremy
cali cruiser (Michelle) & DH (John), DD13 (Megan) and DS17 (Jacob)
casacoco (Susan) and DS (15)
castaway811 - Julie, Rob, DS11 Matthew and DD9 Grace
chip&dale&fun
CynthiaGraves
DCLCruiser84 (Nora and Dennis)
Disdreams77, DH, DD9 and DD7
Disney Cruisers - Joseph and Cecilia
DisneyDDS
DizC1288 - Cyndi and friends Lisa (DIS name Gretel), Sharon, and Lucinda
DL1957 & DH, DSis, DBiL
Drnifer
DVCMike - Mike, DW (Alice), DD (adult Michelle)
EpcotKilterFan (Debbie & Mom)
fantasmic000 (Darlene) and Dalila
gumbosquirrel, DH, DS (10), DD (3)
gydell (Gydell) & DH (Bill), and DGS14 (Brent)
hygienist999 and DH (Roddy)
JCrump, DH, DS(6)
Kim3 & DH & DS8 and DS10
Kris24 (Kristan), DH (Dewayne), DS8 (Kaleb -turning 9 onboard)
kwork11, DH, DC21 DC13
Leslie Hand, DS22, DS13
lilpath (Scott and Lynda)
LisaTex, her Mom (Sue), her niece (17), and DD (3)
LoveMickey (Kathy and Tim)
lscott148
MandJHuff (Mike and Janet)
MelissaIsalene with two sisters and parents
Meum (Marianne) and DH (Kent)
Mineu
MPS516 (Mike & DW - Donna & DD - Jessi & Megan)
nanaguide
nyck
nzdisneymom - Cindy D & DH Gary, DS19 (Nathan), DS18 (Zachary)
pachy26 - Randy and Sandy
Paul Graden - Paul and DD Stephanie (18)
Rapunzel22 - Jennifer, Jonathan DD(3) DD (1)
RetCM - Linda, Cindy
Scgustafson, DW, DD (11)
Schiffy (Mark and Carol)
scrapbookmomma74 (Tracy), DH (Adam), DK (15) DK (12)
SIN Cruiser, DW, DD (10), DD (8)
Specht, DH, Mom, MIL, 2 children (10 and 7)
Susan_Simmons
suzysharp, DH, DMom
time for travel
Tink1970 and DH
UMDaisy
VA Mickey Pals
wrabitdad (Bob) DW (Dale)
Yesnidfan (Pete) DW (Faith)

I don't think I can send a PM yet, but my daughter and I will be joining you. Aunt Pittypat (me, Pattie) and Season. Can't wait!!!

Hi Aunt Pittypat,
I tried to send you a PM....but don't know if you got it. Just have some questions about your van.....!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter