• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 5, 2016 - Magic Goes to England, Ireland, Scotland and France

Well we leave for London in 10 days. It's going to be a very busy week, my daughter has exams and we need to pack and get organized. The only thing I can't seem to find is what time the port opens to check in. We are platinum and can check in whenever. Just don't see the opening time anywhere. Also my son loves Games of Thrones, are there any filming sites in Dublin or is it just Belfast. I am so disappointed that we need to be back at the boat at 5. There are many tours but our day is too short to accommodate the drive and tour. This happen to be one of the few things on my sons "want to see" list.
I still can't believe how close this trip is!

Also my son loves Games of Thrones, are there any filming sites in Dublin or is it just Belfast. I am so disappointed that we need to be back at the boat at 5. There are many tours but our day is too short to accommodate the drive and tour. This happen to be one of the few things on my sons "want to see" list.
I still can't believe how close this trip is!

Unfortunately, Game of Thrones is all filmed up near Belfast, none of it in Dublin.

Can't believe in 3 weeks we will be on the Magic!

We have opened up a couple of the suitcases but haven't started yet. We will probably next weekend.

BadPink Tink- Thank you for all your help and advice. Is there a grocery store or quick place to grab a bite to eat near Guinness? We will have a 1 and 5 year old with us. Don't want to do sit down. Thank you!!!!

BadPink Tink- Thank you for all your help and advice. Is there a grocery store or quick place to grab a bite to eat near Guinness? We will have a 1 and 5 year old with us. Don't want to do sit down. Thank you!!!!

Guinness is on a back street, just commercial buildings there. You would need to come out to the main street called Thomas Street and there is a Spar convenience store about 10 minutes walk. Its not really a tourist area, sorta a working class area. There is a small cafe in the Guinness building called The Barge Cafe but I have never eaten there. How are you getting to Guinness? Your best bet would be to come back to central Dublin

Thanks BadPink Tink. We were planning on getting to Guinness using Hop on Hop Off bus. We will go back to main part for lunch. If kids are desperate go to cafe in Guinness but prefer not to eat there.

Hello Everyone!
We just booked this cruise about an hour ago! So excited to be joining all of you!
My name is Rita, husband Chris, son Eric and daughter Lauren. This will be our 7th Disney cruise.
We are celebrating a number of things on this cruise but the biggest is that I beat cancer on March 29th, 2016.
We are hoping to be able to join the fe exchange as well but understand if we are too late.
I will be on the board now until we sail and looking forward to speaking with all of you. (I see a couple of familiar names!)
21 days!!

Arizona Rita-
Congratulations on beating cancer. Soooo excited for you and your family. Thst is fantastic.
Welcome!

Hello Everyone!
We just booked this cruise about an hour ago! So excited to be joining all of you!
My name is Rita, husband Chris, son Eric and daughter Lauren. This will be our 7th Disney cruise.
We are celebrating a number of things on this cruise but the biggest is that I beat cancer on March 29th, 2016.
We are hoping to be able to join the fe exchange as well but understand if we are too late.
I will be on the board now until we sail and looking forward to speaking with all of you. (I see a couple of familiar names!)
21 days!!
Congratulations on beating cancel and what a great way to celebrate with your family. I am sure some of those in the FE can add one more. Make sure you are added to the list at the beginning of the thread!

I feel like I've been neglecting y'all - but I'm so happy that we've had a few more folks join us and thanks to our locals-on-the-ground for the great "insiders" information about the ports and logistics - this way we won't have so many surprises about how long it takes to get off the ship. Good to know about the customs part in Dublin so we can get moving out the door a bit earlier than we had originally anticipated needing to go. We have tix for Book of Kells and don't want to miss our window.

Z's convocation is tonight and graduation on the 25th. It's all winding down and we've got two weekends to get the organizing and packing done. I guess it's not too early to put in a request to stop the mail and newspaper delivery.

You are welcome, Its been fun, helping you all. You have such a short time here and most of your fellow ship mates wont be half as prepared or see as much as you guys will. The Disney Magic coming to Ireland is a huge deal for Irish tourism in general, and to be able to connect with passengers on it and help you organise your visit is just amazing to me.

Hello! we are getting super excited for this trip. I think I have the essentials ready to go......FE gifts, my smash book and camera!!! hahahaha Now i guess i have to focus on packing our clothes. Thanks for the info BadPinkTink. Congratulations Arizona Rita! I think we may have been on the Baltic cruise with you. We only seem to be cruising every 3 years so I gotta remember how to use the DIS boards!!

BadPinkTink - Thanks so much for all your information - I haven't still decided about the Red, Green, Viking tour in Dublin. Guess we will just wing it. Hope you will be able to come down and see the Magic. Again thanks for all your help.

NZDisneyMom- Thanks for adding us to the top list. Thought I would let you know that DD's name is Lauren.
Meum, yes, I do believe that we have sailed together before! Yours was one of the names i recognized.

NZDisneyMom- Thanks for adding us to the top list. Thought I would let you know that DD's name is Lauren.
Meum, yes, I do believe that we have sailed together before! Yours was one of the names i recognized.
:yay: I've got enough FE gifts, what cabin are you in?????????

Rita - we've got enough FE gifts, too, so we've added your cabin to the list. I have two boys, ages almost 19 and almost 20. Do you think you DD will be interested in participating in the 18-20s activities that DCL will try to coordinate? This is our first time sailing on DCL since they aged out of the youth programs, so it will be a different experience for them.

Hello! we are getting super excited for this trip. I think I have the essentials ready to go......FE gifts, my smash book and camera!!! hahahaha Now i guess i have to focus on packing our clothes. Thanks for the info BadPinkTink. Congratulations Arizona Rita! I think we may have been on the Baltic cruise with you. We only seem to be cruising every 3 years so I gotta remember how to use the DIS boards!!

I didn't get a new Smash Book for this trip but I have some room in my 2015-16 one that I'll probably fill up with this trip's stuff. We did get a new-to-us camera that I'm playing around with trying to figure out how to use effectively. It's one with actual interchangeable lenses so I have to think about how to take it with us on excursions.

Hello Everyone!
21 days!!

Hi Rita,
We have cruised together in the past too. It will be great cruising with you again.

We also have extra FE to give out so we have added you to our list.
See you in a couple of weeks.
Faith & Pete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter