June-July at disney?

pat9283

Mouseketeer

Hiya, wow have'nt posted on here for a while! I'm looking for any info on what Disneyworld is like in June or July?

The problem is, we always go in May, and this time we are planning a huge family holiday for 2011. However, my 15yo sister has exams (UK) until the end of may or beginning of June. So, it's either leave it, and it'll be 2 more yrs until we go! :scared1: Because my brother will be 15 and will have his exams the next year. Or bite the bullet and go a different time of year. I am worried about the weather and the cue's (sp?) at this time of year, as we will have some young kids with us (2-3yo). Thanks in advance! xxx :goodvibes

I work for a local school so 8 out of 10 trips to WDW have been in the summer. It is hot, but, if you know that you can prepare for it. We stay on site and ALWAYS use the AM EMH. For us that means waking up at 6am, eat breakfast in our room and walk out the door no later than 7 am to get the bus for the 8AM opening. I am always amazed at how much we can get done in one hour before the park open at 9 for everyone else. We use Fastpass wisely, prioritize rides/attractions, eat lunch and leave the park around 1PM for naps/swim at the hotel. Sometimes we go back to the parks and sometimes we don't. The crowds weren't too bad this year, but that may have been due to the economy. For the most part it was overcast everyday, but that was great because it kept the harsh sun from beating down on us. the temperature was never over 93. Anyone can tell you what the averages are, but there are so many other factors you need to plan/prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

We've been in July and while it is hot and humid and there are generally heat storms every afternoon to cool things down ( great lightning shows though! ) we never had that huge of waits and used the fast passes accordingly. It was busy but not overbearable. I have no idea how it is with free dining and that drawing more crowds or not as we haven't been when thats been offered.
I'd say wing it if you really want to go.

Thank you, so basically, I have to plan this a whole different way? We're used to (because of the number of ppl) getting out for about 8am ish and then eating etc and out to the parks for about 9, sometimes we stay out all day! :scared1: we sometimes head back to the pool in the afternoons, and then eat dinner and head back out in the evening. May seemed really hot for us last year and we were sweating (sorry tmi!). Is it often overcast in june/July? And I know it's hurricane season as well, is'nt it?

June/July will be more crowded, and hotter. May is a great time to go - sorry you won't be able to do that. And yes, hurricane season starts in June but don't let that deter you.

And FYI - it's 'queue' ... the cue's (sp?)

Yes, it will be hot and crowded, but if you have a plan for the crowds and maybe take a swim break during the hottest part of the day you will be fine!

Don't worry about hurricanes at all. The season does start in June but there are never any big storms until late August and September. The reason is that a hurricane feeds off of HOT ocean water and late summer is when the water has reached it's hottest:thumbsup2

LOL Thanks for the spelling correction, it is the one word I always struggle with! LOL I type it loads of times before changing it to 'Line's' :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter