June/July disney?

pat9283

Mouseketeer
Hiya, wow have'nt posted on here for a while! I'm looking for any info on what Disneyworld is like in June or July?

The problem is, we always go in May, and this time we are planning a huge family holiday for 2011. However, my 15yo sister has her GCSE's until the end of may or beginning of June. So, it's either leave it, and it'll be 2 more yrs until we go! :scared1: Because my brother will be 15 and will have his exams the next year. Or bite the bullet and go a different time of year. I am worried about the weather and the cue's (sp?) at this time of year, as we will have some young kids with us (2-3yo). Thanks in advance! xxx :goodvibes

We always go in July, have no choice with school. It certainly is hot and fairly crowded. We always use fastpasses and just go at our own speed. If you have little ones get them plenty of shade and fluids and they should be just fine.

I bet June would be less crowded than July but have never been at this time. I would have no qualms in recommending July and would go every year if we could. It is just a matter of taking things at a slow pace, plenty of breaks and indoor meals. It is very hard to beat a character lunch when the parks are hot and crowded. If you stay close to the parks you could hop back to your hotel for a break which would be much cheaper though!!

I am sure you will have a great time whichever month you go!

You may want to factor in the American school holidays which run through June and July, and the first week (and possibly second week) in August.

We have been three times in mid-August, and the queues haven't been that bad.

The downside is the temperature/humidity (need to take things easy and visit plenty of air-conditioned shows/restaurants/shops etc), and the storms that you can get in the afternoons (although most only last for a short time). If you are there in late August, there is the increased chance of being hit by one of the hurricanes, but we've been fortunate and not yet had one during our stays.

On the up-side, there is the free Disney Dining offer on in August if you book through WDW UK, so that could save a small fortune.

We've always been Mid June to beginning of July, Mid June is fairly quiet compared to July/August which is alot busier and crowded.
The heat can be very tiring and humidity..it depends on what you prefer (weather wise),the children cope fine (this time around)..plenty breaks/water and air conditioned shops help :thumbsup2

Hiya, wow have'nt posted on here for a while! I'm looking for any info on what Disneyworld is like in June or July?

The problem is, we always go in May, and this time we are planning a huge family holiday for 2011. However, my 15yo sister has her GCSE's until the end of may or beginning of June. So, it's either leave it, and it'll be 2 more yrs until we go! :scared1: Because my brother will be 15 and will have his exams the next year. Or bite the bullet and go a different time of year. I am worried about the weather and the cue's (sp?) at this time of year, as we will have some young kids with us (2-3yo). Thanks in advance! xxx :goodvibes

The last GCSE that any of my sons friends sat this year was, I think, textiles on the 22 June, but he and most of his mates finished on 15 June.

Thanks so much everyone! We all have alot of talking to do about it all! There is 5 set's of one family going, so everyone will have to have a say. But the free dining would save a fortune! I did'nt know they did it in august, I thought it was just september! Pheww it feels like I've been out of the loop for wayyyy to long!

All together going:

We have my mum with 7 kids (age's 3-15), my sister with her boyf and daughter who will be 3yo, My other sister and her Boyf, My brother and his GF and me and my husband (and hopefully a little disney prince or princess of our own! :goodvibes)

All in all that's 9 adults and 8 (possibly 9 kids) Ha Ha when there's more adults than kids going, u know ur all addicted! :rotfl:

We are also planning our next trip in June/July 2011, to coincide with the end of the GCSE exams. does anyone know if/when we can find out the exam schedule as cant really book anything until 100% certain daughter has finished her last exam.
it seems going late June/early July will be best due weather and avoiding start of the uk school holidays.

Are you booking your holiday DIY? We have always booked a package but now thinking DIY will save us £££.

CJC

Hiya! We booked the 1st one package and the wedding one DIY. I'd do either again, I'd say the DIY one was a little bit more stressful because we had to sort airport transfers ourselves and any excursions (we go to clearwater every time to go on the screamer!) So I'm basically up for anything that saves me money! :cool1: I don't know about exam timetables! It'd be a good idea tho!

Definitely check on the exam timetables and also if there are any events your son wants to attend that may be after the exams. When my lads took their exams the last ones were in the 20 somethings of June so best check the dates if thinking of June.

To be on the save side and if you had to book now I would go for July because there are definitely no exams in this month. We have gone in July for a number of years and manage fine, just get to the parks early and take a break. I would quite happily go in July every year but now hope to be able to push the holiday out of school holiday times with the lads being older.

The last GCSE that any of my sons friends sat this year was, I think, textiles on the 22 June, but he and most of his mates finished on 15 June.

As I said in my previous post my son finished on 15 June, but last exam to my knowledge was 22 June. But also my sons prom was on 2 July, so you would need to consider whether he would be upset to miss something like that!? One of my sons mates missed the prom because his mum booked a trip to spain - he was furious!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter