• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June trip report, part 2

8caliace

United States Air Force
Day 2: Everyone got up rather easily and we managed to get to DL just after opening. First stop was at Indy for FP's and baby swap pass. The kids were pinging for some rides, while the others were hungry for breakfast. The DW and I took the kids off towards Fantasyland, while the others headed for the Riverbelle Terrace. First stop was Matterhorn, where DW and DS took a ride and we got a kid switch pass for later. While they rode, DD and I headed over to Small World. This ride takes me back to my childhood everytime, but this time it was all about the little one. She bounced and clapped through the whole ride. It was amazing. We met up with DW and DS and headed into Toontown. Roger Rabbit had no line, so we rode. It was the first time for both kids and they both loved it. I took the DS onto Gadgets coaster while the little one chased down Pluto, Goofy, and any other characters in sight. We wandered out of Toontown and got a couple of quick rides on Pinocchio, Snow White, and Casey Jr. By now we were all hungry, so back to Riverbelle Terrace for breakfast. We called the others who met up with us for POC and HM. Little one did really well on both rides. We then took a walk into the treehouse while waiting for our Indy FP time. We took our turns riding Indy. My mom took the kids on Jungle Cruise while we rode and then we swapped and did some shopping in the area. By this time, it seemed like everyone was in DL, so we decided to trek back to DCA. Upon entering, I went and got FP's and kid swap passes for ToT, which was for 8pm. We spent the late afternoon wandering. We were able to do Screamin, while my mom took the kids on the carousel. After going through the pier area, we were hungry for some lunch and went to the wharf area. Some of us went to the sandwich place and others to the Mexican place. We didn't do a whole lot else, as all we really wanted to do for the evening was ride ToT and see the Electrical Parade. FP time came and DW stayed out with the little one, while we rode. As far as my opinion, it was every bit as enjoyable as the WDW version. I thought the drops seemed a bit more intense. We actually ended up with a great picture, which my mom bought. DW, my brother and I used the kid switch to ride once more while the others headed off for a parade spot. We met up with them just as the first floats were passing. I put DS on my shoulders while the little one was held up by my brother. She was truly mezmorized by the parade. It was definitely the highlight of the trip to see both my kids entranced just like I was when I was a child. We headed out with the throngs towards DL, and managed to get onto Main St just in time for the fireworks. We all thought the show was great. Managed to get on BTMRR real quick, and then walked over for a burger. We plopped down on the little wall and ate our food as Fantasmic started. We slid out ahead of the end of the show, and got another ride on HM and then on Winnie the Pooh. By then it was closing time and we wearily shuffled down Main St, stopping in the shops to allow the crowds to thin out.

All in all, we had a great time. We did not go commando and we missed out on some rides and shows, but it was very enjoyable and we had a great time.

Nice report. I enjoyed it. Especially the part about your DD hugging Chip!

congrats on the promotion too!

princess:

8caliace,
Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. It sounds like you had a great time with your family:) I love it when characters make a connection with little ones:D I'll bet it was hard to be driving when your kids were in DL with Gramma riding rides! Anyway, great report, and congrats on the promo - hope you like your new station and make it back to DL soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter