• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June vs August

We go in August every year, and enjoy ourselves. We went to one of the Halloween parties last year (it was either the second, or third), and while it was certainly more crowded than the party we went to 8 years ago, it was still plenty enjoyable.

In my experience, yes. People without Park Hopper tickets want to get bang for their buck and don't want to be kicked out at 6pm. People also want to come on days where there is nighttime entertainment. Non-party days are packed in the evenings with people wanting to see fireworks over the castle. And most of those people were probably there most of the day. So when there's a party, the crowds are lower than the surrounding days. Maybe not low in general, but during that time of year, the absolute best option for touring MK with less people.

I accomplished 16 attractions by lunch time without rushing around, plus a couple snacks and photo stops. I rode 7DMT at 9:30am with a 25 minute wait time. Worth noting that there was EMH at 7am and the park opened at 8am. More than 2.5 hours after people were let in the park, the line for the most popular ride was only 25 minutes. Party days rock! (Until the secret gets out. Shh!)

Very interesting, and makes a lot of sense - the no park hopper/getting kicked out at 6 PM thing. We'll be going next August and will have park hoppers, but will not be doing a party. We'll have to consider going to MK on the party day and then hopping over to another park for dinner and nighttime entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter