Jungle Cruise boat sinks

Why do people need to be compensated ? Things happen, no one was hurt.
Lol...ummm because they paid a bunch of money to enjoy a theme park and instead got soaked by no error on their part. That'd definitely be a pretty large inconvenience to me. Obviously I don't think tons of money or anything insane needs to be offered, but I'd sure expect replacement clothing and something to make up for all the time lost and inconvenience.

While I agree in a general sense there is often a rush to cash in on adversity, in this particular instance you can make a case for it. If the dye in the water ruined shoes/socks/pants, etc... then I think asking Disney to replace those is fair.
I can see if clothes and shoes were damaged. But so many people are looking for the freebies for the littlest things. I was thrown to the floor of a Test Track car, hit my head really hard, my daughter got bad seatbelt rash all because the CM started our car right after I buckled her in and I was not sitting completely yet. She started it and then immediately stopped it causing the incident. I didn't ask for anything but after the ride a CM with an iPad stopped us and made sure we were alright. She offered us some FP+ and re-ride with no wait but we declined and went back to the resort. Disney makes mistakes. We all make mistakes.

If college is free, who will pay the professors, the building maintenance, the electric and water bill …. etc. ? who will pay for that?

When I was born, the cost for the University of California was essentially free. Cooper Union used to be free. Stanford University used to be free. They were paid for via public funding, donations, endowments, and investment income. In many parts of the world, public universities are pretty close to being free. In India their public universities are practically free and they're creating a huge number of the world's engineers. My Chinese colleagues told me about how their public universities were practically free.

Lol...ummm because they paid a bunch of money to enjoy a theme park and instead got soaked by no error on their part. That'd definitely be a pretty large inconvenience to me. Obviously I don't think tons of money or anything insane needs to be offered, but I'd sure expect replacement clothing and something to make up for all the time lost and inconvenience.
LOL...ummm? Yeah we all pay a bunch of money. Like I said on above post, I can see something if the dye damaged anything...

LOL...ummm? Yeah we all pay a bunch of money. Like I said on above post, I can see something if the dye damaged anything...
??? You're statements seem very confusing. Yes, we do all pay a bunch of money...we do NOT all have a ride malfunction which results in our bottom halves being submerged in water. Pretty clear difference.

I think compensation should be a replacement of what is lost and/or damaged. If only time is lost, then fast passes are enough. If people get cold and wet on a ride that shouldn’t do that then the compensation should get them warm and dry along with something to hold any still wet items. I don’t go on water rides at WDW. While I do carry a windbreaker, that won’t help me if my Jungle Cruise sinks. If I’m bitten by a snake during the cruise sinking, I expect WDW to pay my medical bills and replace the WDW and resort time I lost getting treated for the bite.

As for free college, I’m game for a discussion thread about it. I used to work in academia and I have strong opinions.

Ahhh...you're one of those...my mistake. Enjoy!
It's not personal, being a frequent Disney guest I see people all the time demanding free stuff, arguing with CM's at the FP+ tap points, arguing with CM's at dining etc. I think there are more unhappy guest every visit. Like I said, I do agree with the damage being taken care of but so what if you get wet. We all walk around in the rain and no one that I know of demands compensation for that or do they? It wouldn't surprise me. And …. I had a few drinks. Enjoy your night or better yet, enjoy my post! 😘

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter