• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jussie Smollett trial

Central Park Karen. Amy Cooper. Charges were dropped and she was made to attend 5 counseling sessions I believe.

Before I get flamed — let me preface I am not condoning her actions. It all started as she wasn’t following the rules with leashing her dog. However, look into the story and you will learn more than just that snippet of video.

There is more to the story as it is usually the case. Just like the Covington Catholic story, media hasn’t learned to show entire context.

Again, I’m not condoning. But these stories have taught me to dig deeper.
What should I google?

The DA dropped the charges, he was never put in jeopardy so he can't be put in double jeopardy. That DA Foxx should be disbarred for doing so is whole other conversation, but not surprising in Illinois and specifically in Crook County.
The DA did what amounts to diversion. When that happens jeopardy attaches. Bookmark this thread. If for some reason the jury finds him guilty it will be tossed before he books his next fake attack

The verdict is in. Not announced yet. I think they are assembling everyone back in the court to read the verdict.

If a person was sarcastic, they could say his performance on the witness stand was not well received. I on the other hand would never stoop so low....oooppppssss.

Last edited:
The DA did what amounts to diversion. When that happens jeopardy attaches. Bookmark this thread. If for some reason the jury finds him guilty it will be tossed before he books his next fake attack

i don't know if he appealed the decision but back in june of 2020 his claims of double jeopardy were shot down by a county level court-

"The way Judge James Linn saw it, the only way double jeopardy would apply is if Smollett was legally punished for what had happened to him since he was charged in connection with the January 2019 incident in downtown Chicago. But Linn determined that the deal in which the state’s attorney’s office agreed to drop charges without requiring Smollett to admit any wrongdoing and Smollett agreed to forfeit his $10,000 bond did not add up to legal punishment.

“There was no trial in this case, there was no jury empaneled, no witnesses were sworn, no evidence was heard, no guilty pleas were ever entered ... nothing like that every happened,” Linn said of the 2019 case. “There was no adjudication of this case.”

IMO that guilty verdict is so more than just holding him accountable for what he did.
Of course to anyone who was so quick to judgment in the first place they probably don't even see it like that.

This whole thing dilutes when it really happens, all involved should be ashamed of themselves.
Agree. That's probably the worst aspect of this type of thing.

There are REAL instances of these types of crime, but the next time somebody claims "hate crime," a lot of people will think, "OK, here we go with Jussie Smollette again."

False claims devalue. After too many false claims, the words mean little or nothing.

Last edited:
Two great verdicts on the same day. How often does that happen?

His story sound a bit fishy from Day One. The details just didn't seem logical.

By the third or fourth day it all fell apart.

One of the hilarious factoids in this joke of a case is the first thing that tipped the police that it might not be the crime of the century.

After being brutally beaten, having a noose put around his neck and bleach poured on him, having bravely fought off two vicious attackers and rushing to the safety of his home...he still had his Subway sandwich in his hand!

You just can't make this stuff up!

One of the hilarious factoids in this joke of a case is the first thing that tipped the police that it might not be the crime of the century.

After being brutally beaten, having a noose put around his neck and bleach poured on him, having bravely fought off two vicious attackers and rushing to the safety of his home...he still had his Subway sandwich in his hand!

You just can't make this stuff up!
I'm not gonna lie. The sandwich thing is one of the first things that jumped out at me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter