Just a 30 minute wait for FP+ for TSM

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
Yes, that is what the CMs are saying about the FP+ return line, which is backed up to almost One man's dream. When I laughed in the girls face, she said well the point of FP is to make your wait half the time of the standby line. Ummm no?! This crap has to stop!

i've never waiting more than 15 minutes in the FP+ line for TSM.
but really the point of FP+ is to wait in a shorter line not wait in no line at all.
in fact i'd rather wait in a shorter line rather than no line at all because waiting in no line at all means the people that couldn't get a FP+ and are waiting in the SB line are going to be waiting much longer.

Yes, that is what the CMs are saying about the FP+ return line, which is backed up to almost One man's dream. When I laughed in the girls face, she said well the point of FP is to make your wait half the time of the standby line. Ummm no?! This crap has to stop!
Well considering the standby wait is currently listed at 2 hours, I'd say 30 minutes fp sounds good. Maybe the ride was down earlier today? And everyone is using their fp's now?

Is the actual line backed up that far meaning no more room in the FP+ queue? Or is the line to scan to get in the only thing backed up?

Last week, there were a few times where people who were either clueless or playing dumb about FP+ backed things up when they either had no FP+ for the ride or showed up at the wrong time. It took a little time for CMs to sort out, but once they did everything moved quickly.

Otherwise, I'm also guessing it was down earlier today and you've got a backup of everyone with FP+ from when it was down.

We've encountered several FP queues that were backed up into the walkways. Some even involved switchbacks. And these lines were backed up all the way to the merge point, it wasn't just an issue of people having problems scanning their bands.

If the FP wait is over 20 minutes, I would rather have the option to come back later.

in fact i'd rather wait in a shorter line rather than no line at all because waiting in no line at all means the people that couldn't get a FP+ and are waiting in the SB line are going to be waiting much longer.
Nothing about this makes any sense. If there is no FP+ that means the people in the SB line are actually getting to ride the ride. When FP+ gets backed up those people go nowhere. The FP+ line isn't backing up because they're letting the SB people get on ahead of them. That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works.

Well considering the standby wait is currently listed at 2 hours, I'd say 30 minutes fp sounds good. Maybe the ride was down earlier today? And everyone is using their fp's now?

We were there yesterday and the ride went down in the morning. It was down for at least an hr which caused this FP backup on an already busy day. At its worse the FP line was 30 min but later it was about 15. It still wasn't working perfectly so probably went down again today.

Nothing about this makes any sense. If there is no FP+ that means the people in the SB line are actually getting to ride the ride. When FP+ gets backed up those people go nowhere. The FP+ line isn't backing up because they're letting the SB people get on ahead of them. That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works.

i guess you just don't understand what i'm trying to say.

I know someone that works in the Studios, he just came in after working from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm -- said they had 30K guests today. There is not much to do these days in the studio, I'm thinking many of them were standing in line at Toy Story.

Apparently you've been extremely lucky to never have experienced having a CM make you wait in a FP queue while they allow people from the Standby line go on the ride ahead of you. It happens all the time.

OK, I think I have this figured out. I think it's time to turn the regular queue for each attraction into the FP return line. Then standby can back up onto the walkways. Since that long line will be more visible, fewer people will choose to wait in it and VOILA. Instant shorter waits!

Apparently you've been extremely lucky to never have experienced having a CM make you wait in a FP queue while they allow people from the Standby line go on the ride ahead of you. It happens all the time.
it sure does. :furious: I almost lost it the time it happened to me.

We were there in September and had the same wait for TSM in the FP+ line. The standby line said 150min but the entire time I was in the FP+ line I didn't see anyone get in line and couldn't tell once I finally got into the building how long the standby line was. HS has so few rides the lines are always long. The line for Muppets was outside the building and snake chained around the side of the building. I have never seen a line for this ride/show. I also think its going to get worse before it gets better. Until they open Star Wars land and Toy Story land (who knows how many years that will take) it is going to be a mess in that park.

I have also been in the FP+ line and had people from the standby line go before me. This happened at quite a few rides. I believe they let people from the standby line go while they are waiting for people to scan their magic bands for the second time.

L aren't putting mass amounts of SB people through at the expense of the people with FP. Yes they let small groups of people through from the SB queue but it's not 1 to 1 or even 10 to 1. The problem with the ridiculous lines is the equally ridiculous system put in the place to mismanage them. If you're stuck in a long line for FP return it's not because they're being nice to the people in the SB line.

we were there yesterday and TSMM was down a couple of times so everyone with a fp were able to get in line after their time and that's why the line was so long. We went after F! and only waited 15 min. with the fp for it.

During our trip last week we also waited 25 min with FP+, when we got into the line it backed up way past one. Man's Dream. That day the problem was the magic band scanners were not working fully and I believe lots of SB guests mistakingly got into the FP line thinking it was the SB line that was backed up so far back. That caused huge delays as people got to the magic band scanners and being turned away. Cast members had to re explain to them to get in the other line. It took ages!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter