• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just a Dream Away- The Imagineering Thread*Are you curious, imaginative, dedicated?

I heard a rumour that Pixie Hollow is being scrapped from the Fantasyland expansion. I would of cared when it was announced, but when they showed that model of the area, they radically changed it to something I couldn't really care about...

well, i don't know much about pixie hollow over there in WDW. but over here in DLR it's just a place to meet the fairies and a place for some cool light shows. the light shows could stay and the fairies can just be put into the circulation at a character breakfast or something else.

Here's the concept art for it:

shapeimage_1.png

Here's the 3D model of it:

pixiehollow.png

It looked much better in the concept art...

I heard rumors that the pixie hollow area shown in the model is not complete, which is plausible considering the lack of paint and detail, and that the ride shown (which I think is similar in design to the mater junkyard one at DCA...) would actually be enclosed under the big tree shown in concept. No idea if that's true though, and it definitely looked better in concept art

Also I also heard that it's not a definite for now, and it's inclusion will be decided depending on how much revenue the fairys franchise pulls in, and how popular it is.

I read that earlier. I mainly got the rumour from a thread on the News & Rumours board. Maybe I should find that again...

wow I just noticed this thread was active again. right when Im about to leave. Wonderful

I've just noticed something.

via-napoli.jpg

Do you think this means we'll have upstairs seating? If so, it might be the new stakeout spot for Illuminations.

940702885_K8Xxm-L.jpg

The left of the building has a pretty perfect view of the lagoon.

Looks cool, I remember hearing rumors of a lagoon design though, like IOA. guess not xp

hi all. it seems like everyone on here wants to be a imagineer. its always been my dream. since i was a kid i was always doodling ride ideas in notebooks.

idk how achievable it is but its always been my biggest dream, that and being a computer animator for pixar. im VERY creative :)

anyway . i was looking at that tarzan idea earlier and i remembered something i read about imagineering: all rides start with a story, like the haunted mansion story for example, then they figure out how to make a ride that tells the story. most people dont know the stories its just for the imagineers to brainstorm idea off. EVERY disney attraction has a big backstory behind it. its so fun to read them and see the inspiration for everything.

It looks really nice. Can't wait to eat there on the next trip. Heard the pizza is fantastic.

952205279_VzND9-L.jpg

Too bad about the unthemed walls. They could add a forced perspective streetline in the back, or something... Sort of like the Eiffel Tower.

It looks really nice. Can't wait to eat there on the next trip. Heard the pizza is fantastic.

952205279_VzND9-L.jpg

Too bad about the unthemed walls. They could add a forced perspective streetline in the back, or something... Sort of like the Eiffel Tower.

My cousin ate there yesterday. She said it was the best pizza EVER! Even the cheese was good she said.

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority is now called the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. Now if only they replaced the current narration with the previous one...

Ok, so I'm imagineering a new TV show for Disney Channel. This is actually based on a dream I had a while ago. It's actually a pretty weird show. It'd be by the people who did Even Stevens and Phil of the Future. And it's basically a comedy. Here it is: A boy named Jack starts 7th Grade. Basically he's the school's punching bag. One day his, teacher says there's a new student coming today. So, the new student comes in, and she's a clown. Her name is Tickles. She basically has long blue hair, a white face, a big red nose, and dresses up in normal clothes. So, the whole class is looking at her, stunned and confused. Then, she gets in the seat next to Jack. Then him and Tickles start talking and they decide to become friends. Later at lunch, he invites her to hang out with hang out with him and his friend Paul. (He's gonna be a main character in the show also.) So, she says yes and then when we skip over to that day. So, she comes over and tells them that she actually has powers like a cartoon character. She demonstrates my having Paul grab one of her arms while she holds on to the stairs. He pulls and her arms start stretching. Jack just sits there surprised. Then she asks Jack to shut the door on her while she's standing behind it. So, he does and she comes out flat but brings herself back to normal shape. Paul and Jack and Tickles are just hanging out and then Paul goes to use the bathroom and leaves them alone for a few minutes. Then Jack asks why Tickles is going to their school. She says her and her family were clowns in the circus but decided to quit and live a normal life as a normal family but the fact that they're clowns is not helping much. Jack tells her his life has been horrible and that she made his life a lot better now that she's in his class. She tells Jack that she thinks he's a great person and that him and Paul are actually the first people to treat her normal and not as some weirdo. Jack feels sorry for her and asks her out. And she is actually happy to hear this and says yes. This is actually all I got so far. I can't think of much more right now.

mann... i rode the harry potter ride. the effects were awesome, but the story line sucked. i'm planning on eationg in the new restraunt and am excited for my first stay within WDW at saratoga springs.

and it looks like aliceinhalloweentown (sorry don't know your real name) is back, i think we can start planning a dis teens board imaginations contest of some sort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter