Just a Dream Away- The Imagineering Thread*Are you curious, imaginative, dedicated?

Captain EO is coming to Epcot on July 2nd. Never having seen it before, I can't express an opinion on the decision.

I hate HISTA.
But I hate EO too.

EO doesn't fit in with the Imagination Institute, which was pretty much designed around HISTA.

I was going to watch HISTA on this trip because I haven't seen it since about 2000... Too bad.

Random mini-task. Retheme any ride to a suitable movie. Or retheme a ride based on a movie to a suitable original concept. Whichever floats your boat.

WDW lacks Alice in Wonderland. They need more Alice in Wonderland.

A Mary Poppins attraction would be nice...maybe a Sleeping Beauty one.

Actually, know what I would do? Bring Haunted Mansion Holiday to WDW. That's what I'd do.

WDW doesn't do Holiday rides anymore though due to the fact once in a lifetime guests will miss the actual attractions...

That's why there's no Country Bears vacation or holiday, IASW holiday, probably will never be a Ghost Galaxy, and definitely no HMH.

The props that were originally created for a WDW HMH are being utilized at Tokyo Disney for HMH.

im confused...... well any way they started with the project for fantasy land already cool cant wait till its done

I remember seeing Country Bear Christmas in 1999...guess they've discontinued it since.

It's a shame. That was a good show.

Souvenir Booklets Declining by Degrees

Reader Derrick K. writes in with this observation, yet more argument for the decline by degrees:

My mother just returned from a trip to the Kingdom and brought back the requisite guide books. Upon reviewing them I realized that they are one of the biggest examples of ‘Declining by Degrees’. I know several years ago they stopped providing weekly updates in favor of a generic guide with an updated Times Guide available for each week. I understand the reasons - cost. But I noticed something in the most current guides that had disappeared and I am not sure when it happened. Walt Disney was famous for ‘the story’. The early guidemaps provided a story, unfortunately the story has been left out of the recent guides.

Here are a few examples from the 1977 Guide compared to today’s guide:

Tropical Serenade (Enchanted Tiki Birds)
1977 : Sing along with birds, flowers and tikis in a musical luau. Presented by Florida Citrus Growers.
2010 : Sing-song Audio-Animatronics show.

Country Bear Jamboree
1977 : Watch a hilarious cast of wilderness bears perform in a foot-stompin’ western hoedown. Presented by Pepsi-Cola & Frito-Lay.
2010 : Singin’, swingin’ Audio-animatronic show.

The Haunted Mansion
1977 : Come face-to-face with 999 happy ghosts, ghouls and goblins in a “frightfully funny” adventure.
2010 : Journey through the dark with happy haunts.

These are just a few of the many examples. In addition, they also provided descriptions of the stores and restaurants. I am not sure how any new visitor to the Magic Kingdom would have any idea about what the attraction is truly about. Story is no longer the key in Walt Disney’s World. It’s a shame because these ‘free’ souvenirs are what made the memories last longer once I returned home. How can the memory last or inspire a longing to return without a good story?

Aww. That's a shame. They really need to bring these classic stories back for the newer generations.

Or rather, for the Disney-challenged.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

A bunch of articles are on there called the Disneyland Paris that Never Was, just in case you want to check them out.

ddg800115SMALL.jpg

Yup, new game coming to Toy Story Mania. It's replacing Bo Peep's Baaa-loon Pop. Notice that Bo Peep isn't in Toy Story Mania other then possibly during the home videos... Starts in Late May.

WDW doesn't do Holiday rides anymore though due to the fact once in a lifetime guests will miss the actual attractions...

That's why there's no Country Bears vacation or holiday, IASW holiday, probably will never be a Ghost Galaxy, and definitely no HMH.

The props that were originally created for a WDW HMH are being utilized at Tokyo Disney for HMH.

country bears holiday was also canceled due to the fact that apparently they used 'rudolph the red nosed reindeer' and it is majorly copyrighted. thats why there is no rudolph in the christmas parade, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter