Just a reminder. Don’t drink and drive at WDW!

Diz Bee

Mouseketeer
A warning to the wise and the not so wise! While driving around Disney Springs I’ve noticed local police setting up random DUI checkpoints! Check points have been on Lake Buena Vista Drive going towards the I-4/417 exit. They’ve been setting up cones on Lake Buena Vista Drive and randomly pointing at cars to pull over. The check point nights are random. Be aware the other exit towards Crossroads is also fully stocked with police too. Cool your foot on the gas pedal too! If you’re planning on having a few, on property, please be aware and take alternative transportation. If you had too much, remember your vehicle can’t spend the night in the Springs parking garages... you will be towed. Busses, lyft, Uber, boats, Minnie Vans and taxis are available at Disney Springs. Use them! This goes for the parks too! Local police are everywhere and don’t care if you’re on vacation! The saying goes “come to Florida on vacation, Leave on probation!” Don’t think for a minute Disney security won’t pull you over either, if warranted they will! Not sure of the ratio but Disney security has some retired police and swat from the north east and would just love to be the hero of the night! Just a heads up as the summer picks up... local police are serious here! WDW is NOT a free to do whatever you want zone! I warned you, so if you lose your license, get locked up and have a humongous fine... I told ya so!!!! Please don’t prove me right! Have a great time... just be prepared!! XO

Last edited:
Not sure why the seriousness of this isn’t news. Oh well. 😂 When I see 15 cars pulled over and guest doing sobriety tests on Lake Buena Vista Drive... I think people should know about that. It’s all good. Best of Luck to everyone... hope you find this post. Hahaha!

Florida. Come on vacation, leave on probation.
THATS IT!!!! I thought i was wrong about that! Thank you! I’ve been here for 4 years now and hear that saying constantly! I think I just block it out.... that’s why I misspoke!

In Florida, do the police have to have a reason to stop you and breathalyse you or is it completely random? Also, do you have what we call the ‘20 minute’ rule? I am not planning to drink and drive, but curious.

In Florida, do the police have to have a reason to stop you and breathalyse you or is it completely random? Also, do you have what we call the ‘20 minute’ rule? I am not planning to drink and drive, but curious.
From what I’ve seen... just outside of Disney Springs on property... local police have set up cones in the lanes on Lake Buena Vista Drive. As you drive through, police have flashlights in the eyes of the drivers stuck in traffic, and are randomly pointing at drivers to pull over for a more thorough check. There have been at least 6 police vehicles involved. This is a serious operation, and they are not playing games.

The past couple weeks... I’ve seen guests on the side of the road with handcuffs on at 2:30am along with multiple empty cars and tow trucks. It’s a site to be seen and fine way to destroy a very expensive and wonderful vacation! Don’t think you’re immune because you’re staying at the Floridian either!!!!!! 😂

We have random check points in Illinois all the time - no reason is needed. Like the OP stated, cones are set up and there are uniform police directing traffic - some are waived through and some are pointed to the checkpoint.

Here local news will sometimes announce but we always know holiday weekends that they'll be somewhere.

I always tell people, 'remember Uber is always cheaper than a DUI'.

The fact that grown adults even need to be reminded to not drink and drive is sad, but I appreciate the sentiment. When it comes down to it, choose the $20 uber instead of the $10k DUI.

Not sure if posting a go fund me site is appropriate for posting on the dis but under the circumstances I thought it would be ok. Sorry if I broke any rules.

Being a local... If we are heading in the parks or heading to Disney Spring for the evening... and we both are going to enjoy an adult beverage, then we use Uber to and from the house... simple and safe... Yesterday DH and I, went to our friend for lunch at the Polite Pig, and DH was like I want to grab a beer or two, will you drive home... sure I said... Talking about who is going to be the designated driver is a conversation that you want to have ahead of time, before you get to your destination.

So.... Don't come on vacation and leave of probation....

I would be interested to know how many people are caught after or during certain events such as Food and Wine not only to see which one has the most people dumb enough to drink and drive but to compare it with a motor cross hill climb race weekend in my area. My local law enforcement gets more DUI's on one night there than the entire holiday season and weekends like Memorial and Labor day put together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter