• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just a thought...

MissMet

DIS Veteran
...let me know if this has already been talked about, can't work etc...

If there is such a high demand to stay at the Epcot DVC resorts (BWV & BCV), why don't they make a deal with the Dolphin & Swan to be part DVC? The Swan & Dolphin always seem to be offering cheaper rates to get people to stay there. Why not give a chunk of there rooms to DVC. I know they aren't run by Disney, but I don't see why they wouldn't want to do it. :confused3 Also, studios are always the first to go so they wouldn't even have to do construction of the rooms, they could just offer studios only. I know I would love that! I love the Dolphin!

I don't know the logistics of running a timeshare & maybe they would HAVE to offer studio, 1-bed, 2-bed, yada, yada, but I think it would be great for both companies involved.

What do you think? :confused3

I thin I'm not at all interested in staying at the Swan or the Dolphin. They'd have to sell points there and make them home resorts for someone just the same as all other resorts. I doubt DVC has any incentive to do that.

I thin I'm not at all interested in staying at the Swan or the Dolphin. They'd have to sell points there and make them home resorts for someone just the same as all other resorts. I doubt DVC has any incentive to do that.

I meant as part of the Disney collection or one of the other collections. I don't think they would be able to do them as actually DVC resorts.

You may not ever want to stay there but others may want to. I personally loved it at the Dolphin, the beds alone are worth it to me.

The day they implode the Swan and Dolphin and rebuild with appropriately themed resorts for the area will be one of the happiest days of life at Disney.

...let me know if this has already been talked about, can't work etc...

If there is such a high demand to stay at the Epcot DVC resorts (BWV & BCV), why don't they make a deal with the Dolphin & Swan to be part DVC? The Swan & Dolphin always seem to be offering cheaper rates to get people to stay there. Why not give a chunk of there rooms to DVC. I know they aren't run by Disney, but I don't see why they wouldn't want to do it. :confused3 Also, studios are always the first to go so they wouldn't even have to do construction of the rooms, they could just offer studios only. I know I would love that! I love the Dolphin!

I don't know the logistics of running a timeshare & maybe they would HAVE to offer studio, 1-bed, 2-bed, yada, yada, but I think it would be great for both companies involved.

What do you think? :confused3

The day they implode the Swan and Dolphin and rebuild with appropriately themed resorts for the area will be one of the happiest days of life at Disney.

We're with you on that! I think DH would make the trip just to see them implode.

they are ugly, aren't they?

Yes, I agree...

Why not tear them down and build something similiar to the Shipwreck Island from POTC 3? Or some other east coast themed idea to go along with the New England themed Y and B and the New Jersey Themed Boardwalk.

Yes, I agree...

Why not tear them down and build something similiar to the Shipwreck Island from POTC 3? Or some other east coast themed idea to go along with the New England themed Y and B and the New Jersey Themed Boardwalk.

I don't see Disney doing that for a while. The amount of "rent" they receive from those hotels is unbelievable! :scared1: I don't remember the exact figure the Dolphin employee told us, but it's an obscene amount of money. Disney is making out HUGE by having them rent out that land.

I don't see Disney doing that for a while. The amount of "rent" they receive from those hotels is unbelievable! :scared1: I don't remember the exact figure the Dolphin employee told us, but it's an obscene amount of money. Disney is making out HUGE by having them rent out that land.

Oh I agree with you it isn't GOING to happen. THat doesn't mean it SHOULDN'T happen.... if it does it will be years down the road. Those Hotels were built before a LOT of the hotels in the area (all except the original MK resorts to my knowledge) when the plan was to have all hotels as 3rd party... then they changed there minds. Now they seem to be going more 3rd party again... witness the 4 seasons hotel and the restaurant changes.... It sucks... I love Disney, but some of the magic is lacking over the last 10 years... Menus have been homogonized, rides closed and not replaced, pavillions are closed and turned to meeting space... it really sucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter