• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

Yes that's a great deal. I do sometimes like closer resorts, so I just purchased 150 at RIV and am going to add the other 150 at OKW with the member pricing and all the things as soon as this closes. Excited to be back in the land of DVC owners!
Nice! We just purchased RIV this month too! See you around the pool, neighbor.

You are going to be very happy with those points!

ATTN DVC: If you make the prices more reasonable then people will buy direct!

I’m looking at you $240pp+ 2042 resorts!
I think the problem is you really only have BWV as a potential 2042 fire sale resort. BRV and BCV are too small and it would take them forever to grab enough points to make a sale worth their while.

I think the problem is you really only have BWV as a potential 2042 fire sale resort. BRV and BCV are too small and it would take them forever to grab enough points to make a sale worth their while.
I don’t think you need to “fire sale”, but at least acknowledge the shorter contract life and price them where you could actually move some points on smaller add on contracts.

I’m not sure what the margin needs to be with closing costs and guide commissions…

Snap up some of these close to $100pp BWV larger contracts and sell them off in 25-50 point chunks at $150pp ish?

Of course, I think the same thing about any Grand Cal points under $240pp… a long line of people that would add on small contracts at $310pp…

I don’t think you need to “fire sale”, but at least acknowledge the shorter contract life and price them where you could actually move some points on smaller add on contracts.

I’m not sure what the margin needs to be with closing costs and guide commissions…

Snap up some of these close to $100pp BWV larger contracts and sell them off in 25-50 point chunks at $150pp ish?

Of course, I think the same thing about any Grand Cal points under $240pp… a long line of people that would add on small contracts at $310pp…
Yeah, I get that, but I doubt they're going to start ROFR'ing BRV and BCV contracts in order to get enough to advertise direct contracts at any price point. I mean, they'd need to have a few thousand points on hand to even make it worthwhile. The resorts are so small that they have a fraction of what BWV has, so the number of points they get back through foreclosure, ROFR, whatever, just aren't going to add up to a measurable amount. BWV would be the only 2042 resort that would make any sort of sense.

Yeah, I get that, but I doubt they're going to start ROFR'ing BRV and BCV contracts in order to get enough to advertise direct contracts at any price point. I mean, they'd need to have a few thousand points on hand to even make it worthwhile. The resorts are so small that they have a fraction of what BWV has, so the number of points they get back through foreclosure, ROFR, whatever, just aren't going to add up to a measurable amount. BWV would be the only 2042 resort that would make any sort of sense.
I bet they also just don’t want to have anything reasonable to compete with a restricted Riveria.

We just added two 150 point contracts at OKW also. I have been going back and forth since the new incentives came out, and finally just couldn’t pass up the initial buy in savings that came with the 300 point purchase there.

We often book inside of 7 months, and are happy with a variety of locations, but now that my college daughter is enjoying brining friends on trips with her, the lower point/larger unit options at OKW with the boat to Disney Springs held a lot of appeal itself. And being direct points lets us have the option to use them at RIV, which is still our favorite, and where our initial direct points are, if it’s available at 7 months.

All in all, I think it was the best option for us to increase our SAP even though the dues are a little higher.

That's a great deal. Seems to be just a few dollars a point over current resale for extended contracts.

Last year during the AKL flash sale, direct was about $10-ish over resale after $22 magical beginnings.

It’s a cool direct promo, but man that’s a lot of OKW points to add on. I struggle if it’s really worthwhile when SSR can be added in the $90’s now with lower dues…. I suppose if I just really loved OKW it would be enticing. Glad it’s working out for some!

Quite honestly the best deal with DVC direct - especially considering you get the 2057 end date and the full membership benefits. If I was needing to get full member benefits I would be seriously thinking of doing this! (I have full member benefits from my 2014 resale contract.) Congratulations!

Quite honestly the best deal with DVC direct - especially considering you get the 2057 end date and the full membership benefits. If I was needing to get full member benefits I would be seriously thinking of doing this! (I have full member benefits from my 2014 resale contract.) Congratulations!
Yup - definitely an ideal deal for someone with a white card looking to get their full member benefits. I'd love to do it I just don't know what I'd ever do with 300 OKW points in addition to my 300 direct RIV points, lol. Those OKW 3 BR suites do seem awesome though!

I guess I missed this one. Worthless guide. I told him many moons ago if AKV goes on flash sale to call me.
I think it was spring of last year. There was a good break at 150 points and an even better break at 200 points. MB was also paying $22 per point for the current year's points. Brought my 200 point purchase down to around $145.

It didn't get a ton of attention because there were also deep discounts at RIV and VGF at the time.

Wow! Yeah this didn’t make it to my inbox unfortunately. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they have one this year, folks on here really good at sharing these hidden gems 🧐

These boards also help spell the deals out so much better. Pretty sure it’s responsible for sales that would not have happened otherwise, including me. The DVC website does not make clear all the incentives that exist and how they may be applied together. Most articles don’t a good job either (likely because most coverage is by DVC resale industry, and sharing great direct deals puts them at disadvantage).

I would’ve been clueless there were 4 stacking incentives without these boards. DVC site did not make that clear. DVC articles did not make that clear. It was only here when someone said they just bought VGF direct at $161 I found out.

Yup - definitely an ideal deal for someone with a white card looking to get their full member benefits. I'd love to do it I just don't know what I'd ever do with 300 OKW points in addition to my 300 direct RIV points, lol. Those OKW 3 BR suites do seem awesome though!
And actually this is why we went with OKW direct instead of resale, because the direct OKW points work better overall with our direct RIV points. We at least want the chance to sometimes book RIV at 7months and are ok with preferred view 1BR which has decent 7 month availability. But we also like having the flexibility to stay at some of the other resorts so RIV resale wouldn’t let us do that. So after lots of back and forth, this seemed the most cost effective way to add on for our SAP points, and the bonus of OKW GV for extended family trips is nice too.

The current deal for members is depending upon how many points are bought. For 300 pts the discount is $70 per point ($205 - $70 = $135). Then you can give back the 2023 points for $20 per point credit. That brings the per point cost to $115 per point.
Willing to share your total price after fees? I did the math on what I was given from my guide and it seemed like RIV was a better deal IF you calculate it over the course of the contract which is longer than OKW, but I don't trust my math as it is not my strong suit. WE do know we wouldn't be able to use all the years, but we could leave it to the kids for them to enjoy longer than the OKW points could be. Did you do this math before you bought? Thanks!

Willing to share your total price after fees? I did the math on what I was given from my guide and it seemed like RIV was a better deal IF you calculate it over the course of the contract which is longer than OKW, but I don't trust my math as it is not my strong suit. WE do know we wouldn't be able to use all the years, but we could leave it to the kids for them to enjoy longer than the OKW points could be. Did you do this math before you bought? Thanks!

There’s a lot to the calculation. Are you taking into account the opportunity cost for the larger initial RIV outlay? For 300 points you are about $50/point apart in point cost. That’s $15k.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter