Just appetizers/flatbreads at Jiko?

JudyS

Disney Lover, DVC Member, and Timeshare Fan!
I'd like to try out one of the full-service restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but both are rather pricey, and I'm trying to stick to a budget.

Will they let us order just appetizers and/or flatbreads at Jiko? Is there any requirement or expectation that people order entrees? Also, is it possible to make a (light) meal out of the appetizers and flatbreads, or are they really too small to suffice as even a light meal?

TIA!

You can order whatever you want in any restuarant you go to.

Also, you can get full menu in the Jiko lounge if you don't want to take up a dining room table for a snack like/light meal. Just take a table in the lounge and Brian or Jody will be happy to help you. They are fantastic!

You can order whatever you want in any restuarant you go to.

Also, you can get full menu in the Jiko lounge if you don't want to take up a dining room table for a snack like/light meal. Just take a table in the lounge and Brian or Jody will be happy to help you. They are fantastic!
Oh, that's good to know! I take it no reservations are required for the lounge?

I don't know about reservations at the lounge. i just wanted to say that we had the flatbread the last time we were there and it was so good! You could eat that for your entree and definitely be satisfied. Yum.

We've had the flatbreads in the lounge at AKW and enjoyed them. We went there to have a cocktail before our dinner at Boma and didn't realize that the flatbreads are already on the buffet. I can't say with certainty that that will be enough to satisfy you for dinner.
You might want to look at a recent menu and do the math. By the time you order appetizers and flatbreads you may be closer that you think to the price of a no frills dinner, especially if you consider Boma for your first AKL table service dinner. Now that we've been to Boma we're very interested in getting an ADR for Jiko for our next trip to The World. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for all the tips!

We've had the flatbreads in the lounge at AKW and enjoyed them. We went there to have a cocktail before our dinner at Boma and didn't realize that the flatbreads are already on the buffet. I can't say with certainty that that will be enough to satisfy you for dinner....
Silver Queen, did you need a reservation for the lounge, or is that walk-up, no ADR needed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter