Just Back 10/14-10/21 first visit

neverlandsky

DIS Veteran
10/14 & 10/21: Travel Days / Based Tickets

10/15: EP. From International Gateway we RD Frozen 1st walk-on & Test Track 2nd. Test Track posted a 35 minute wait, yet it was 20 mins. Test Track FP @ 10:15 am. Spaceship Earth FP @ 10:35 am, Figment, The Land FP @ 11:35 am. Lunch: SS. Break. 4th FP Nemo @ 4:30 pm. Monorail 2 Ohana dinner @ 6:20 pm. Monorail back EP right as Illuminations started. We stood at the top of Restaurant Port for view and less crowds.

10/16: DHS. Arrival 10:15 am. ST FP @ 10:25 am. Muppets 3D. TSM FP @ 11:35 am, Lunch @ PR. Standby RnRc posted a 45 minute wait, yet it was 70 mins. Afterwards it was ToT FP @ 2:10 pm. ToT was down and only would let those with FP on it. Thank goodness we FP it. Afterwards done 4 day. Too hot and crowded.

10/17: MK. RD Buzz and did it 2x, Space Mountain FP @9:25 am. Speedway, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid. Early Lunch @ Columbia 11 am. Then it was FP for Peter Pan @ 11:30 am, Carrousel, followed by 7DMT @ 12:30pm. Break. Late lunch/early dinner @ Beaches n Cream. Then returned at 6pm for MNSSHP. We dodged the crowds and went on the train to Frontierland. Did BTMRR/ToT zones/PoTC/ToT zones. Small World. Little Mermaid. Circus Tot zone. Haunted Mansion had 40 minute waits so we went back at 1st parade time and it was only 10 minute wait. Did Hallowishes/Hocus Pocus after/2nd parade. Rode Buzz at end of the night. Had plenty of candy so we skipped Tomorrowland's ToT stations.

10/18: Late start EP. Arrival 11:00 am. F&W for lunch. Frozen FP @ 11:30 am. Gran Fiesta Tour. FP Spaceship Earth & Nemo, yet Spaceship Earth kept breaking down while in line so we skipped and we didn't want to walk to Nemo. Break. Returned and did F&W for dinner. Was able to score 4th FP for Test Track @ 7:40 pm. After done 4 day.

10/19: AK for RD. Except there was no RD @ 8:40 am when we got to Pandora. Pandora was wide open. Na'vi was a 20 minute wait. FoP was already at 60 mins. We did Na'vi. FoP FP @ 9:35 am. 10 am lunch @ Satu'li Canteen. Safaris FP @ 10:45 am. Did Pangani Trail, Flights of Wonder 12:30 p Everest FP @ 1:10 pm. Standby for Dinosaur, posted wait was 45 minutes, yet it was 35 minutes. Primeval Whirl 4th FP @ 3:15 pm and Kali 5th FP @ 4:10 pm. Afterwards Dinner @ Yak & Yeti Café. Done 4 day.

10/20: MK: EMH Morning 7am: Peter Pan 1st, Winnie, Tea Cups, People Mover, Buzz, Space Mountain done. Had 8:15 am FP @ 7DMT, headed to Be Our Guest @ 8:30 am for 9:00 am reservation, we were allowed right in. Done with breakfast @ 9:30 am. Headed to Haunted House, 15 minute wait. BTMRR FP @ 11:15 am. Did Tiki Room and Country Bears. Lunch/snack @ Pecos Bill. Then Jungle Cruise FP @ 12:15 pm. Afterwards 4th FP Monsters at 12:40 pm. Then we were done 4 day.

2 Sum up: Very little waiting overall although the parks and party were crowded. DHS & EP would of been better as a PH tickets for sure. We loved AK. Could of spent 2 days there and nix DHS. DHS was the hottest park for us. MNSSHP was very crowded and highly disorganized. Definitely a one and done experience with MNSSHP. Figment/Spaceship Earth/Haunted Mansion/Test Track had ride stalls in midst of ride. Test Track had no audio 2 out of the 3 times we rode it. If we return, it won't be in October again. Rating the trip a 7 out of 10. Definitely a learning experience of what we did right and what we did wrong.

When you say hS was hot - the temperature?
Crowded? Where were most of the people? Roller coaster?
-Was 88 degrees felt like 96. Lots of concrete and not enough shade/trees. Line for RnRC was brutal heat wise outdoors. Although covered felt like we were in an oven until we made it to the preshow room.
-Crowded on all paths TSM area you could barely walk.
-Most People on Hollywood/Sunset BLVD and TSM area.
-A lot of people leaving the park right at 3 pm.

Thank you for taking the time to do this review. Looks like you packed a lot in and took breaks. That is how we tour. DHS seems like half day now, we planned a morning there, then hopping over to Epcot. We used to plan 2 days there, but not enough to do anymore (until Toy Story and Galaxy's Edge).

Definitely a one and done experience with MNSSHP. Figment/Spaceship Earth/Haunted Mansion/Test Track had ride stalls in midst of ride. Test Track had no audio 2 out of the 3 times we rode it. If we return, it won't be in October again. Rating the trip a 7 out of 10. Definitely a learning experience of what we did right and what we did wrong.

Figment, Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion all have moving walkways in the loading and unloading area, so sometimes if they are 'stalled' it is simply due to them stopping the ride to help a disabled guest get on or off.

Figment, Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion all have moving walkways in the loading and unloading area, so sometimes if they are 'stalled' it is simply due to them stopping the ride to help a disabled guest get on or off.
We’ve been stopped on both haunted mansion and spaceship earth. I assumed it was to help someone get on or off.

Our first trip was in early October, and it was way too hot and humid for us also.

So we switched to November after that, and have been going most years since 2009. November weather has always been great.

neverlandsky - we were at DHS the same day as you! We'd only been to that park once before, but I didn't think the crowds were too awful after we got through Jedi signups. Maybe it's because we were rookies to being there with older kids or maybe it's because we're Star Wars fans, but we found too much to do there. We easily could have spent two days. I was also freezing most of the day because most of the rides and shows are indoors, and the air conditioning was definitely working well. Outside for Jedi Training was hot but then we walked right inside for lunch.

10/14 & 10/21: Travel Days / Based Tickets

10/15: EP. From International Gateway we RD Frozen 1st walk-on & Test Track 2nd. Test Track posted a 35 minute wait, yet it was 20 mins. Test Track FP @ 10:15 am. Spaceship Earth FP @ 10:35 am, Figment, The Land FP @ 11:35 am. Lunch: SS. Break. 4th FP Nemo @ 4:30 pm. Monorail 2 Ohana dinner @ 6:20 pm. Monorail back EP right as Illuminations started. We stood at the top of Restaurant Port for view and less crowds.

Great trip review! We're leaving Saturday for a week, so getting anxiously excited! Where/what is Restaurant Port and how do you get to the top?

Agreed. We have been many times in oct and after this year we are officially done with it.

I guess the secret got out! Rates used to be great, weather was cooler, fall decorations, less crowded....We loved it! But seeing level 10 crowds, paying higher rates than summer, 101 real feels, no thanks! Perhaps in the next few years the cycle will shift.

DHS is a blah park if you have been before. Too many outdated attractions that need to go. Unfortunately, all focus is on SWL and TSL. The best part of DHS is Streetmosphere and the other street shows.

Agreed, there are some spots at HS that feel scorching hot. (Thinking of out in the street in front of ToT and Beauty and the Beast, etc... but overall I don't think it's bad.

For me, the worst is the World Showcase at Epcot though. Maybe our timing has been bad, but seems like we consistently feel like we're on the surface of the sun back there.

Dan

Agreed, there are some spots at HS that feel scorching hot. (Thinking of out in the street in front of ToT and Beauty and the Beast, etc... but overall I don't think it's bad.

Dan

That reminds me of a trip years ago when DD and I were waiting for our guys and it was right around this location. It was soooo hot and I stood so my face was in a lamp post shade (yes, a thin little line) and I said to DD "ahh, a little piece of shade" - we both still laugh about this!!:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter