Just Back - 3 Brother's Trip 3/7 - 3/10

DisDreaming4116

DIS Veteran
3 nights at Pop Century and 2 park days. Had another great trip and here were my takeaways...

Both Lyft drivers we used said Disney is a cult but enjoy your time here. It was like they were reading a script. Lol

Took Lyft to AK ($8) and arrived at 6:35 on an 8:00 opening. We were first in line at security. It was a bit of a controlled chaotic mess after entering the park until reaching the bridge to Pandora.
Rode FOP and off ride by 7:58. Did NRJ twice by 8:35. FOP again with FP+, done at 9:20.
Satuli Canteen was again excellent. Tofu very good.
On Kali River Rapids, you really have to pay attention about 2/3 through the ride. Strong water being shot right at eye level. Brother took it mid-sentence and was awesome. Lol. Also, not many people were doing this attraction because of the mild temps.
Crowd level wasn't terrible at all in AK.
Took about 25 minutes for MK bus to arrive. Guy behind us in line said they should just build a walking bridge, it would be faster. :sad2:
MK didn't feel busy. Was able to get many FP+.
Festival of Fantasy parade is still great.
Jungle Skipper Canteen - Love, love, love the whole fried fish.
Best Jungle Cruise skipper I've ever seen. Wish I'd gotten his name to compliment. Fantastic delivery and timing.
Got a PERFECT spot for HEA 20 minutes beforehand in the hub grass in front of Caseys. The short fence was directly in front of us and handicapped area was in front of the fence. No kids were put on shoulders in that area and no light poles in the way. Not a person within 4 feet of us.

DAH was fun. Not nearly as empty as 2016 but every ride except 7DMT was a walk on. Mine Train was 5ish minutes both times. They could use more food stands but at 45ish degrees, we weren't eating much ice cream. Buses worked well after the event.
Flower and Garden Food booth lines seemed small until 2ish on Friday. Had 1 or 2 items to share from each booth. Again, plenty of FP+ options.
Saw Terry Crews walking in AK. He was at Epcot earlier for Steve Harvey show.
Oh, and had 3 tie dye cheesecakes from POP. :love:
Can't wait to go back in August with my daughters.

Last edited:
Tie-dyed cheesecake, yum!

Glad to hear the parks weren’t packed. Thanks for posting and welcome home. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter