Just back AKL Concierge 20 days!

nutz4dzny

Been there, done that, going back to WDW again!
Hello everyone! We had the best vacation ever! So many Magical Moments. I am still unpacking but a quick note to some!!!!

Janet2K - Don said to tell you hello from Concierge. We had a great time and I got to meet his lovely wife. He, in my opinion is one of WDW 'Best'. More details to follow!

*Flower* - I met her and her wonderful husband in Concierge. We talked for many times and shared our Disney experiences! Nice to meet a fellow DIS'er!

I also met CRCrazy and her family. What a nice family. They really liked the AKL Concierge and told me it was my pictures that helped convince them to try it. We went on the Sunrise Safari on the same day!

Debi - We met and talked with Off Kilter. Randy was super nice as was Tony. Randy and his wife are expecting their fisrt child in Jan. and he was so excited that he got a digital camera for Christams. The same kind that I have so we talked a lot about that. We saw them 4 times while we were there!

The weather was all over the place!!!! We had 36 degrees at night some nights and we had 80 degrees one day and we went to Blizzard Beach.

We had rain on 3 days but not in a row. Mostly it was sweatshirt weather although we did go swimming at AKL pool and use the hot tub almost daily!

Some Highlights:

Sushi Bar at CG with Yoshi as the chef. One of the top Sushi Chef's in the world!

V & A Chef's Table

Christmas Eve CP and awesome meal at Le Cellier!

Getting a Fireworks table at CG 2 times without asking! One day we had the MVMCP Fireworks!

Getting a Fireworks table at Narcoossee's without asking!

MVMCP at 11:30 PM waiting to go on Tea Cups with my family and no one was there and then all the characters from Alice in Wonderland came over and took my niece by the hand and went on the ride with her! I did not have my camera of course!!!

Sunrise Safari at AKL......WOW is all I can say!

Meeting the band Off Kilter and talking with them, They took my DS on stage and took a great picture!

All the great meals we had......

Narccoossee's

V & A

Mama Melrose

Citricous

Jiko's

Boma's

Prime Time Cafe

Le Cellier

Coral Reef

Nine Dragons

California Grill 4 times!

Yacht Club Galley

Many More! We did enjoy the Concierge's offerings many times. IMO it is one of the best on property. The only one I haven't done is Boardwalk.

I will try to answer any questions. I will not be doing a major trip report. Too many days! I might do a highlight and I will Post pictures soon. I have a lot of food pics!

20 days? How wonderful! I'm anxious to see your pictures! :)

Welcome home and Happy New Year! :)

Ohhhhhh... I shouldn't have read this post! ;) We originally were going to try AKL concierge but then changed our minds when we found out we couldn't get a guaranteed savannah view room. Maybe we should change back. LOL :p

Hi, 20 days sounds great!! We just planned a last minute trip to OKW for 4 nights and AKL Concierge for 2 nights with our three children. How is the concierge atmosphere. Is there food and drinks often? I have never stayed in concierge before but I have a feeling I am going to love it!! Also, do you see a lot of animals?:bounce:

We were there from 12-23/12-26. I wasn't sure though. I really did love everything about the Lodge. We really miss it. Can't wait to go back. Now I'm afraid that every-one we flock to it.:wave: :wave:

Nutz4dzny,

You have some of the best pictures of akl. I hope your new ones are just as great.

Were you worried about the savannah view thing? We are going for the first time in May and I am really stressing over that. Even though I've been told not to worry that it has been noted on my reservation.

Welcome home! Sounds like you had another wonderful trip. I'd love to hear more about the Sunrise Safari and any other highlights you feel like posting. And looking forward to your pictures, too.
Wow, 20 days! Must have been magical!

Debbie

Welcome home - or should I say, welcome to your other home! I'm sure AKL felt like home after 20 days!

Thank you for being so welcoming when we ran into you in the lounge - it really made our AKL time special! We LOVED the Sunrise Safari too!

In fact, we got together with my in-laws over the holidays, and we are putting together a trip with them, probably in November. When we mentioned that we would probably stay at the Boardwalk, as it would have the easiest access to Epcot, which I think they will love, my mother-in-law piped up, "What about the concierge level at AKL - that sounds like just what I would love!!" So, we may be destined for a return stay!

nutz4dzny-

It was such a pleasurable surprise to run into you and your wonderful family on our trip!!!
(Sorry about being so nosey)

Thanks for making our trip so great with your insights on the many enjoyable aspects of your trip.
Your son was a treat to talk with too!

Hope your DH is over his cold, and I don't even want to think about work tomorrow..........

;)

Nutz4dzny, welcome home!! I cannot wait to see your WDW vacation photos. I also cannot wait to hear MORE DETAILS about your resort stay and everything else that your family experienced. I am so happy to hear that it was as *magical* as I imagined it would be, *sigh.*

By the way, I agree with you about Don -- he is my favorite WDW Cast Member. What a doll (my parents love him, too). I had wanted to pop into the AKL just to say "hello" to him during my recent vacation, but never got the chance to, drats. I'm glad to hear that your family adores Don as much as my family does.

I of course, hope to get a savannah view. I have three children 2,3, & 7 and thought that bunkbeds would be good and I called and requested this. But since then I read that the concierge rooms with bunkbeds may be likely not to have a savannah view?
Should I call back and cancel request, does anyone know? Bunk beds are not as important as seeing the animals, I just thought they would be 'cool' for the kids. Any advice?
Also, how do I see posters' pictures so many people are rattling on about?? I would love to see some. And, of course, we are sooo excited!! Thanks;)

queenof4hearts - I know of some rooms that have bunk beds and a great Savannah view in Concierge. I will be Posting Pics today later in the afternoon. I will do the AKL Pictures first so I will start a Thread on the Resorts Board. Just look for my name and I will have a link that you can click on and see them!

Misti - I agree! Eveyone was nice. IMHO this is the BEST Concierge staff I have encountered. Because I was there for so long I do believe I got to meet everyone!

I have to get busy now and post upload my pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter