• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back and it was WONDERFUL!!!!

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
Just got back today and I was going to post a nice trip report but know I probably won't get around to it so I'll post the highlights!

Stayed at Paradise Pier. It was wonderful. We had a 12th floor, theme park view room. Well worth the extra $23 a night. Mousekeeping was great, they even came one afternoon while my daughter and I were changing clothes and asked if they could change out the shower curtain. Nice to know they do that once in awhile (I can't remember the last time I did that at home!). Never waited more than one minute for an elevator and the cm's were great. They really outdid themselves for my daughter's bday with a bunch of balloons, a plate of complimentary Mickey Rice Krispie treats, an 8 x 10 autorgraphed photo of Mickey and Minnie and chocolates. I had previously thought this hotel and its cm's were not as nice as the DLH but have changed my mind. I did really miss the Neverland Pool but the kids seemed just as happy with the PP pool, especially the slide. The walk is slightly further but nothing to worry with considering all the walking you do anyway.

We ate at Blue Bayou, it was wonderful as usual. Got second row back from the water and it was really almost as good as being up front. Shared the Monte Cristo 3 ways, that thing is huge and so rich! Also enjoyed the Lilo and Stitch breakfast a lot. My almost 11 year old son had a ball with Stitch and my daughter enjoyed the hula lessons. They really outdid themselves playing games with the kids. Food was also very good. Did Goofy's and it was awesome as usual. Goofy and my son had quite a lot of fun with each other, we had a 5:00 p.m. reservation so it was slow which meant Goofy had plenty of time to entertain my son. Only downside to this meal was a very snotty Mulan. She signed my daugher's autograph book, tossed it on the table and said "nice to meet ya" and left. The little girl at the table next to us was crying, her mom told me Mulan was her favorite and she was so disappointed Mulan wouldn't talk to her! Really bummed for that little girl. All the other characters were wonderful as usual. The princess lunch at Ariels was a big hit with my 9 year old daughter. Some of the princesses seemed a little more rushed than others. They were all very friendly and wished my daughter a lot of birthday wishes but a couple seemed like they had a schedule to keep and got right down to business. Ariel and Belle however spent lots of time. Our server Kathleen was wonderful and the food was good too. I highly recommend this one for princess fans. We enjoyed lots of good counter service as well. The menu at Rancho had changed again but it was still our favorite.

Our actual dates in the park were from the 8th to the 13th. Six full days and we still didn't see everything! Somehow missed Block Party Bash, Turtle Talk with Crush and Aladdin. We didn't spend quite as much time at DCA because we couldn't stay out of Tomorrowland! We literally rode Space Mountain 5 times each day and did Buzz about that many. I had about 20 emails waiting for me with our Buzz pictures! Space Mountain is our new favorite. The one at WDW will never be the same for our family again. I also prefer Astro Blasters over the WDW counterpart because I can aim better and actually get a decent score! All of Tomorrowland just felt revitalized and we really enjoyed it over there. Crowds were light except during fireworks. The longest we waited was for Jungle Cruise yesterday (have no idea why). With fastpass we managed fine and frequently didn't even need it. Remember and the parade are just incredible. Worth the price of admission to just see those things by themselves.

CM's were all wonderful (except for above mentioned Mulan). Park was spotless and so beautiful. The castle was magnificient! My daughter and I sat on a bench just staring last night after Remember.

I had wondered if 6 days might feel too long after having been to WDW 3 times now. Nothing could be further from the truth. We love Disneyland as much or more than ever. Since we all shed a few tears this morning at 5:30 a.m. as we looked out the window at DCA, I guess 6 days was not enough!

The highpoint of our trip: Everything, especially Remember, Parade of Dreams and Space Mountain. Saw the parade 4 times, each time from a different location. On Friday night we had the ultimate treat of seeing a very sweet couple get engaged right in front of the princess float. Very romantic! I wish them many years of happiness and now my daughter is hoping to get the same kind of proposal someday! Also was thrilled my kids got the golden Dumbo and teacup on Sunday morning. They were so excited!

The lowpoints were no Snow White show or Electrical Parade, hopefully next time. The other not so nice moment was when we had the misfortune to be on The Sun Wheel Sunday night with my 11 year old son. We had to endure the couple in the car above us (swinging away no less) in a compromising position. I don't care for that ride anyway and then my son says, "Wow that girl is so scared she has to sit on her husband's lap!" Only about 1 million hotel rooms nearby but they had to pick the Sun Wheel for their romantic follies!

We hope to go back in June, we bought Deluxe AP's so we HAVE to get our money's worth!

I am so happy you had a great trip!!! We leave soon! :goodvibes

Glad you guys had a great time.....we shared alot of the same feelings...

I hate to admit it, but I had to tell DH "NO MORE SPACE MOUNTAIN!!" You can have too much of a good thing, but he had to tell me the same about Matterhorn! And I completely agree about being worried about having too many days there, and having those worries happily be quashed, because there is so much to do!

Sounds like you had a blast, and that you'll be headed back soon :earboy2:

Wow, we only saw each show/parade once and rode SM once per day. No wonder you needed 6 days!

HydroGuy said:
Wow, we only saw each show/parade once and rode SM once per day. No wonder you needed 6 days!

Actually there was one day we rode Space Mtn 8 times if you can believe that. The line said 15 minutes but it was more like 8-10 plus we used fastpass later on when the crowds picked up. It seems like each trip we have one ride we can't get enough of and SM was "it" this time around! As for the parade we wanted to see it more than one time to catch the different stops it makes. Plus I am a parade/show freak and so is my daughter! (dh and ds just like to sit and eat junk so they play along nicely)

I had read so many "so so" reviews on the Princess Lunch that I decided not to make PS... and now I think I'm regretting it!

Thanks for a great review.

And although the couple in front of you was being totally inappropriate I had to grin at the sweet innocence of your son's comment. Aw...

Thanks for that great report. I am going to be there in 2 weeks for my first visit to DL and stories like this are getting me very excited. I have done WDW several times and actually just got back from the Disney Store at our local mall and spent about 30 minutes talking with a CM giving her suggestions about getting ready for her upcoming trip. I know I probably talked too much with her but it was just an easy conversation. But it always is easy to talk about our home away from home. I can't wait to get to DL and make the comparisions and experience the differences like the Matterhorn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter