Just Back and Reviews or Where we Ate!

JadenLayne

<font color=darkpink>I want to put my booty on rec
Just back and thought I would write a review of where we ate!

Day one was at Garden Grill, it was gross! We didn't enjoy it at all. There was catfish, steak and turkey. Mashed Potatos with lots of green stuff in them and veggies. It just wasn't good at all. Service was very slow and dessert was a pastry type thing. The only thing that gave this restaurant a "C" rating is the Raspberry Daiquiri and the cool rotating. Mickey was excellent as was Pluto. Chip and Dale didn't even take the time to stop at our table since we had no small children. I would give this restaurant a "C-"

Day two was Kona cafe. The rest of my family ordered the Terriyakki Steak while I got the Mahi-Mahi. The first disappointment was that they had no record of the B'day Cake I had ordered. There was nothing I could do about it at this point even though I had given all my info and CC info to the person when I ordered. Appetizers were good, the Kona Chowder was Excellent!!!!!! Steaks were just okay according to DH, DS and DM but the Mahi-Mahi was WONDERFUL! I also asked about KoKo Puffs and got them. They were yummy. Overall an okay experience I would say my meal was an "A" with the Chowder and Mahi but the rest of the family says a "B" with their steaks.

Day three was California Grill. We had bone in ribeyes, Sushi, Flatbread and yummy desserts. Without fail California Grill remains an "A." Everything was fresh and wonderful! The only thing That I can think to mention was the blue cheese sauce on the steak. I loved it but my son didn't and scraped it off so if you don't like blue cheese ask for your steak without the sauce.

Day four was Wolfgang Puck. We had Calamari, Soup, Salad and the Wolf Steaks. Everything here was fair, nothing stood out except the Key Lime Pie dessert. I would say this is a "B" restaurant. Service was a bit slow.

Wednesday we ate at Concourse. Good as usual. Appetizers were good and so were the meals and desserts. Concourse remains a constant for us and I would rate it a "B+"

Thursday was probably our biggest surprise. Raglan Road. For appetizers we had the Ribs and the Sausages. Both were excellent! We also all had the steak which was rated right up there with California Grill. The desserts were extra yummy especially the bread and butter pudding. Raglan Road actually gets a "A+" for terrific food, setting and service. We will be back!!!!!!

Friday was MNSSHP and Tony's. I have to say we were plesently surprised. The appetizers weren't that good, Calamari, Salad and Breadsticks but the entrees of Steak, Spaghetti and Eggplant were excellent. We really enjoyed them. Steaks were said to be good but the spaghetti and eggplant were both rated excellent. The little dessert platter with canolis, cheesecake and tiramasu were good as well. We will go back. Tony's would get an "A-" It would have gotten higher if they had better appetizers.

On our last day we were all stuffed and decided to use our last Table Service at one of our favorite locations.........Beaches and Cream. We had appetizers of Chicken Soup, Onion Rings and Chili. All were yummy! Our entrees were burgers and roast beef sandwiches. Again Yummy! Desserts were huge! Rocky Road Sundae, Ice Cream and Strawberry Shortcake. EXCELLENT!!!! As always Beaches and Cream is an "A+" for burgers, fries and dessert. We love it.

Counter Service was good as well. We stayed at Coronado and loved the choices that we had for counter service. My DS got steak which was okay and we also got whole chicken and fries which was yummy. The nachos were huge and the pizza and calzones were very good. The only downside was the desserts. You can only get a danish, cookie or muffin on the dining plan. We would have liked to have regular dessert. It's a great value though.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for your reviews. We'll be staying at CSR for the first time in December. Was Pepper Market confusing for you or your family at all? Was the 10% tip included on the DDP? (Non-food question alert!) How did you like the resort? Thanks again.

Thanks for the reviews. What kinds of foods did you all enjoy eating at Pepper Market? We'll be there Thanksgiving week.

We really enjoyed Coronado!!!! We were in room 7740 of the Ranchos and had the view of a quiet pool which we greatly enjoyed!

I can't comment on the bus situation because we found that we like driving to the parks more than taking the bus. There was a bus stop semi-close to our room though and they do have trams that carry you around the resort now so you don't have to do all that walking.

Pepper Market was not confusing at all! When you first walk up there is a chalkboard that shows the specials for the day. Then when you are seated they give you a menu that shows what the different stations offer. You get a card and then you go to the station of your choice. There is,

Sandwiches
Pasta
Pizza
Chinese
Grill (Steak, Chicken, Burgers etc.)
Mexican
Dessert
and I may be forgetting one.......

Anyway you order what you want and the person stamps your card.

Yes the 10 percent is included on the Dining Plan but we did leave 2 or 3 dollars extra each time we went because the servers were very friendly and refilled our drinks often.

We would stay here again in a minute!!!! The only negative comment at all was made by our 15 year old who said the arcade at Pop Century is much better than the one at Coronado. Yeah right, we came to Disney to play in the arcade :rolleyes:

Lets see, what did we eat,

My DS had the steak and did a great job eating it all. I'm not much of a steak eater so don't know how good it was. I had the whole chicken and fries twice and it was super! DS had a Pizza and Calzone which he ate every bite. DH had alot of Mexican which he said was good except for the chicken nachos. They weren't bad he just should have gotten beef. My mom ate Chinese and liked it.

Again our only complaint at all was that we couldn't get regular desserts like the cakes and pies.

Thanks for the reviews. We also love California Grill. We will be eating there on our first night on our up comming trip. :)

JadenLayne said:
We really enjoyed Coronado!!!! We were in room 7740 of the Ranchos and had the view of a quiet pool which we greatly enjoyed!

I can't comment on the bus situation because we found that we like driving to the parks more than taking the bus. There was a bus stop semi-close to our room though and they do have trams that carry you around the resort now so you don't have to do all that walking.

Pepper Market was not confusing at all! When you first walk up there is a chalkboard that shows the specials for the day. Then when you are seated they give you a menu that shows what the different stations offer. You get a card and then you go to the station of your choice. There is,

Sandwiches
Pasta
Pizza
Chinese
Grill (Steak, Chicken, Burgers etc.)
Mexican
Dessert
and I may be forgetting one.......

Anyway you order what you want and the person stamps your card.

Yes the 10 percent is included on the Dining Plan but we did leave 2 or 3 dollars extra each time we went because the servers were very friendly and refilled our drinks often.

We would stay here again in a minute!!!! The only negative comment at all was made by our 15 year old who said the arcade at Pop Century is much better than the one at Coronado. Yeah right, we came to Disney to play in the arcade :rolleyes:

Lets see, what did we eat,

My DS had the steak and did a great job eating it all. I'm not much of a steak eater so don't know how good it was. I had the whole chicken and fries twice and it was super! DS had a Pizza and Calzone which he ate every bite. DH had alot of Mexican which he said was good except for the chicken nachos. They weren't bad he just should have gotten beef. My mom ate Chinese and liked it.

Again our only complaint at all was that we couldn't get regular desserts like the cakes and pies.
is there any extra charges when using the dining plan thanks in advance for your time answering

JadenLayne said:

Don't tell my DS6 and DS11. We were originally booked at POP and when the new discount came out, we upgraded to CSR (and saved $100 compared to POP). They were looking at the arcade pics from POP and were so excited. I showed them the pics of the CSR arcade from Buzz's website and they can't wait. We've already told them they can spend a little time in there when we check in on Sat 11/18

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter