• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back Chef Mickey's: C+

jeancbpugh

DIS Veteran
A+ for characters, F for food. The menu is the same as past years, but the quality had deteriorated. And the restaurant is dirty.

Is the meal still worth it? Only if you really want to see the characters.

Wow thats disapointing! We were there for breakfast in June. The food was good. The place looked clean for how busy they were. We thought it was a fair price. The best part was the characters! We didnt want to have to wait in line to see Mickey and Minnie in the park. To us that was a good time saver! Goofy was great! He put on a really good show!! Im hoping you just went on a bad day. We are looking forward to going back.

We just went before Christmas and I liked the food. I was disappointed by the atmosphere. The contemporary seems very un-disney to me. The whole modern feel is loved by many, but I thought it was strange. It was nice to see the characters and I liked the food, but still not was I expected. I would rate at least a B though.

We were there in Nov.for dinner. We thought the Character interaction was good but we were not thrilled with the food. It was ok but that was about it. really not many choices compared to other buffets at WDW and just kind of blah. We thought it was clean but we won't be back again probably.

your review was kind, IMHO. we like the breakfast, but dinner has become pretty bad.

I completely agree with the op. We used to go every trip. We thought they had the best french toast as it was covered with cinnamon and sugar. The past several trips, though, we have been very disappointed with the quality of the food. It is true that the character interaction is some of the best around the World, but we don't go there every trip anymore. It has defintely decreased in quality.

RyMickey

I agree with the OP... we have been there twice and the food is just mediocre at best. The character interaction is good, but I preferred LTT: much better food and better atmosphere. I just don't think the value is that great when the food is barely edible, even with the lure of characters.

Another agree. We, in the past year or so, found the food just barely Ok, the charcters really good, but we have also not had good service. We had a large table that required an automatic tip, so she got money she did not deserve.

Jordans' mom

All of you who are saying the food was inedible: Are you talking about breakfast or dinner?

I had heard breakfast was ok. We have PS there and were so excited.

::yes:: I agree too, won't eat there again... in a word "OVER-RATED"

Better off to eat at Cape May breakfast!

I really dont have the urge to go anytime soon.Food is so so and the characters didnt even make it to the table before we were ready to leave.Oh Well! I have other favorites :cheer2:

We were there last week. I don't recall the restaurant being dirty but I agree the food wasn't very good. I ate lots of the parm mashed potatoes they were still pretty good. The dessert bar was a mess of empty cake plates and crumbs. The character interaction was very good but I don't think we will do this one again for a while.

Amy

This seems unfortunately to be a trend. Maybe people should write, email and call . It might do some good.

Well, we were there in February 04 and I thought the food was great. I love the cupcake bar.

We've been disappointed with the food and the character interaction at both breakfast and dinner. We won't go back.

the last time on Dec. 18th. We've always liked it. We liked the food.......they had a good Penne Pasta, and some good fish, as well. The kids love the kid choices, and the desserts are just normal, but good. Seemed clean to me, though the whole hotel is getting threadbare, but I hear they're putting it on a refurb. schedule. We tried two other Mickey dinners this time..........Garden Grill........food not as good as Chef Mickey's for us.............and Liberty Tree Tavern which we thought was barely edible........and that was to be our Christmas dinner! We'll keep going to Chef Mickey's until and unless we have a bad experience there...............

sunny04 said:
We just went before Christmas and I liked the food. I was disappointed by the atmosphere. The contemporary seems very un-disney to me. The whole modern feel is loved by many, but I thought it was strange. It was nice to see the characters and I liked the food, but still not was I expected. I would rate at least a B though.

I agree! We were stuck in a side room and the plexiglass windows were all scratched up and there was no real view. I felt like the place needed refurbishing. BUT, I loved the food (dinner).

We had breakfast there the week before Christmas. The food was not bad, but not great, either. The character interraction was pitiful compared to when we were there for dinner about two years ago. It didn't seem to be just our family being neglected (my kids are older), the characters just breezed by many of the tables and were occasionally nowhere to be seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter