Just back! DID need breaks in off-season

S

susy

We just got back on Wed (were there sun-wed). Even with the shortened park hours, we still needed a break with our 4 yo DS. He doesn't even take naps anymore, but actually fell asleep in his umbrella stroller at 2pm in the MK!!!! Kids also have a short attention span and he was asking to "go back to the hotel" after 2 hours of being in the parks!! We were at the parks very early each day(about 45 minutes before opening). We were actually first at the trunstiles each day! DS was the Gatekeeper At MK his first time there! This worked real well ,as we walked on to every ride, had an early lunch, did a little bit more touring, then back to our hotel. At MK we did Dumbo, Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, HM, Pirates, aladdin, and JC all by 10:30 (park opened at 9, this was a tues). we ate at CP at 11:30, then did, C. Bears (it was raining), Thunder Mountain (10 min wait), then took train to toonetown, did Mickey's house, hall of fame and Barnstormer. We should have left before going to Toontown and left it for the next day, because DS fell asleep. It worked out great, though. My advice is go back to the hotel about 2pm -go in the pool, get some rest, shower, and make plans for the evening. One night we just ate at Brown Derby and that was soooo relaxing. Other nights we went to Epcot, walked onto some rides and had dinner (this was all early -between 4-6). the character
meal i would recommend with little ones is Garden Grill at Epcot (in the Land). Do this after a nice break. It was very relaxing (make sure you have a PS) and the characters were great!!!Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pluto!!

My DS was the same on his first trip when he was 4. Every day he just passed out in the room for at least an hour, and he slept more than 10 hours a night too! The next year, when he was 5, he never took a nap - even when I made him lay on his bed, in the dark, with no television or toys. Of course, I still needed one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter