• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back - dining reviews

sharibrat

DIS Veteran
Just back from eight days in the wonderful world.

Unfortunatly with two small children, dining took a back seat to all the other fun. We did make a few table service meals though.......

Crystal Palace - excellent food, especially for a buffet. Great service as well. Very noisy though, as expected.

Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast) - again, excellent food and service. We saw lots of princesses there!

Akershus (Norway) breakfast - good food, nothing fantastic. Lots of princesses

Coral Reef - have always had good experiences here. I had the shrimp with pasta and the crab souffle appetizer. It was not bad, but didn't seem as tasty as past years. The menu seemed to have a lot of fish choices but less 'seafood' (shrimp, crab, etc) options for meals. Service was a little slow.

Some lucky family out there got my Le Cellier reservation. Hope it was good. I really wanted to try this restaurant, but both kids were coming down with colds and my daughter even had a fever so we took an early day and headed back to the room :(

Pinoccio's Village house - due to it's promixity to my daughter's favorite rides, we ate here several times. Pizza is pretty good, as are the cannolis!!

As far as the kids menus......as you can see, we had several buffets so kids menu was not a factor. We did notice with counter meals she was eating the same thing over and over. I love the grap and carrot option, but after 8 days I think she wanted some variety. At MGM we ran into the new kids menu and nothing on it appealed to her so we moved on, about 3 times. Some variety would be nice.

Snacks - if Disney is launching this health campaign, how about some healthier snacks. Animal Kingdom has the marketplace that has fresh fruit (near the safari) and MK has one near Liberty Square, but all the other carts are all ice cream and popcorn.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

There is a stand at MGM down the road heading towards RnR Coaster/ToT that sells fresh fruit as well. I've never explored the option at EPCOT so I can't comment.

janets said:
There is a stand at MGM down the road heading towards RnR Coaster/ToT that sells fresh fruit as well. I've never explored the option at EPCOT so I can't comment.

That's good to know for next time. It would be nice if they had more than one per park though. Oh and my other big gripe....the SUGAR FREE jello for the kids desserts. I don't even put artificial sweeteners in my body let alone my childrens! And there was no alternate!

sharibrat said:
my other big gripe....the SUGAR FREE jello for the kids desserts. I don't even put artificial sweeteners in my body let alone my childrens! And there was no alternate!

I so agree! I hate that this comes with the kids meals - I wouldn't eat it either :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter