Just back - first trip with DAS

Roobear77

Mouseketeer
We just got home Saturday from a 6 day trip to WDW. My husband had a liver transplant 2 years ago and as a result is immunosuppressed. A year and a half ago we used the GAC and thanks to this board I was prepared for the changes to the system.

We had a pre-opening ADR at the Crystal Palace on our first day. I wasn't sure if Guest Relations would be open but it was. We were there just before 8 am, and it took less than 5 minutes to explain our needs and get the card issued.

We treated the card as if it were a legacy FP without an expiry time. We tried to consistently have a return time open on the card, and used it alternately with our FPs. We were able to book 3-8 extra FPs a day using the kiosks. The only thing that was a little annoying was wanting a return time for BTMRR when we were in Fantasyland meant someone having to walk to Frontierland. We ended up trying to keep our return times close to where we were and used extra FP for further away.

Never had a problem, we also used it with child swap and meet and greets that had FP lines. The couple of times we left the park for a break we got return time before we left. We ended up cancelling one of our own times at one point so we could get something closer by. All in all it was a good experience.

I am SO happy to learn that they are granting DAS for transplants. I am *crossing fingers* having a kidney transplant on March 2. We go to Disney in June, and I was FREAKING out about waiting in line with all of those germs! I am glad to hear that Disney understands this. I don't really know how the DAS works, and I really don't understand your post much. But I am excited to hear that DAS may be an option for me.

I am SO happy to learn that they are granting DAS for transplants. I am *crossing fingers* having a kidney transplant on March 2. We go to Disney in June, and I was FREAKING out about waiting in line with all of those germs! I am glad to hear that Disney understands this. I don't really know how the DAS works, and I really don't understand your post much. But I am excited to hear that DAS may be an option for me.

They don't grant DAS based on diagnosis, only on needs. Doesn't matter if you have a transplant or whatever, you need to be able to explain at Guest Srvices why waiting in a standard queue would not work for you. Realize that there are many other situations at WDW where you will encounter waiting in a line where the DAS will not apply, BTW.

... I don't really know how the DAS works, and I really don't understand your post much. ...

The details about DAS are in two threads pinned near the top of this forum. One for WDW and the other for DL & DCA, titled Disability Access Service Card. It is mostly the same program, but runs slightly different on each coast due to differences in the parks themselves. The first thread of each post has all the details.

Good luck with your transplant and enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter