Just back from 11 great nights at Aulani!!!

explorer1977

Mouseketeer
It was an amazing vacation and I cannot stress this enough and I miss it already. Weather was great except for 1 day (cancelled our Luau) and Aulani was again the best DVC resort we have stayed at. We experienced so much during our 11 nights on the Island of Oahu such as Kualoa Ranch, the North Shore, PCC, Sea Life Park, a Catamaran Sail, Bishop Museum and most of all the resort and so much more. We had the Go Oahu Cards which we feel they ended up being a great deal. I am going to do a trip report and actually post it. I did write most on a pre-trip report but never ended up posting it as I just got way too busy before we left.

After planning so much for this trip for almost a year I am so happy that it all turned out and it was a very stress free vacation but I miss the planning already so I will have to work on that.

Hopefully I can get the pictures all together and start writing a trip report this weekend.

Till then,

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed your trip! We are going in August. If you wouldn't mind sharing your thoughts on Kualoa Ranch and Sea Life Park that would be great. Thanks!

I will be posting about Kualoa Ranch and Sea Life Park in my report for sure.

If anyone has questions just ask

Thank you all,

Well it was a crazy weekend but I will start working on the report soon. Have to love the end of a hockey season in Canada as it will be busy every weekend for the next month with playoffs for my son! I have to find time and need another vacation already.

Well it was a crazy weekend but I will start working on the report soon. Have to love the end of a hockey season in Canada as it will be busy every weekend for the next month with playoffs for my son! I have to find time and need another vacation already.

Enjoy every moment of that hockey, when it ends it is so sad....but we now go on more trips instead of tournaments!!!

It was an amazing vacation and I cannot stress this enough and I miss it already. Weather was great except for 1 day (cancelled our Luau) and Aulani was again the best DVC resort we have stayed at. We experienced so much during our 11 nights on the Island of Oahu such as Kualoa Ranch, the North Shore, PCC, Sea Life Park, a Catamaran Sail, Bishop Museum and most of all the resort and so much more. We had the Go Oahu Cards which we feel they ended up being a great deal. I am going to do a trip report and actually post it. I did write most on a pre-trip report but never ended up posting it as I just got way too busy before we left.

After planning so much for this trip for almost a year I am so happy that it all turned out and it was a very stress free vacation but I miss the planning already so I will have to work on that.

Hopefully I can get the pictures all together and start writing a trip report this weekend.

Till then,
I'm glad you had a great time there. I'm going in May for my anniversary. I was curious as to what you thought of the staff? I have been seeing some negative comments on the staff not being super friendly or helpful and it's concerning. The couple times that I have called to book our room and dinner they weren't all that great.

I'm glad you had a great time there. I'm going in May for my anniversary. I was curious as to what you thought of the staff? I have been seeing some negative comments on the staff not being super friendly or helpful and it's concerning. The couple times that I have called to book our room and dinner they weren't all that great.

I'm not the OP, but we just got back a few days ago. I found the staff to be great. We interacted with valet, bell services, check-in, housekeeping, pool staff, concierge, Aunty's beach house, Ulu cafe, and attended a wedding on the property. With the exception of one person seemingly a bit annoyed at Ulu, everyone was great. Friendly, helpful. The concierge helped us with info on a food allergy and checked my in-laws in for their return flight. The Aunty's staff was wonderful with my kids. One of the Aunty's counselors looked to be heading home for the day and saw us taking pics of the kids near the Stitch statue and completely unprompted told us to get in with the kids and she'd take a family pic. I am sure there are some negative experiences with CMs, but we found lots of Aloha and Disney service.

I was curious as to what you thought of the staff? I have been seeing some negative comments on the staff not being super friendly or helpful and it's concerning.
In our three visits to Aulani we've always found the staff to be great. Friendly, easy to talk to, helpful.

All the staff at Aulani was amazing and we interacted with everyone from Bell Services, Valet, Aunty's, the front desk, concierge, Tour Desk, pool staff and all restaurants. I can see we did not have a bad experience at all and everyone was so nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter