Just back from 1st trip 12/22

Andy too

Earning My Ears
and it was lots of fun!

Our autistic 7 year-old did fairly well, though he had a few melt downs. Far fewer than I had feared, though. He absolutely loved the characters. We lost sight of him at AK at opening for a minute and panicked, but found him accosting Mickey. The poor handler and families waiting patiently in line to see Mickey weren't sure what to do with a red head boy jumping up and down and hugging Mickey excitedly who wouldn't respond to them at all.

Another time in MK he went right up to a stranger and started stealing her McDonald's french fries (his favorite snack). She was very gracious and understanding once we explained. The only other incident was when he screamed fairly constantly for a whole circuit of the MK railroad. We're still not sure what he was upset about.

We got the GAC, though we only used it 3 times. Lines were generally walk on or managable and we used fastpass whenever we could, so as not to abuse the priveledge. On both Space Mopuntain adn Rock N Roller Coaster the CM's asked him if he really wanted to ride (since he was vocally protesting). Once I explained that he was autistic and loved coasters and was just complaining about the wait, there was no problem.

Overall a very good trip, and I thonk we learned a lot and will be more prepared for our June trip.

I'm so glad you had such a great trip!! My daughter 15yrs thought I was a little nutty over Mickey. But she learned[her words]"that anyone can have fun no matter what age you are!!" [a good life lesson!]

I was giggling when I read about your son sneaking those McDonalds frys!! He knows what he likes!! and who could blame him. Those fries are addictive!

Have a great time in June!!

Thanks for the report and glad to hear your trip went well.
I was also laughing about the "fry thief". Your DS sounds like he moves really fast when he wants something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter