Just Back from 4 nights on the Dream (9/1 - 9/5) - Had a blast!

Great pics! I was on the same sailing with two of my friends ("girls cruise") and we had an awesome time! This is the first time I don't have any land swaying issues :rotfl: but this was also one of the calmest sailings I've experienced. The 3 and 4 night Dream sailings don't really "go" too far out so they aren't sailing at top speed too often. The sea day we were cruising at 1.7 knots and it was barely enough to get a breeze! :rotfl2:

The food was fantastic this time around and better I think than my first two Dream sailings last year. It was both of my friends first time cruising DCL and they were in love. They also ranked the food among the top favorites.

Something "interesting". We had witnessed two people miss getting back on the Allure of the Seas in Nassau. We had a starboard verandah which faced the Allure and happened to be out on our verandah right before she pulled up her ropes and sailed away. The couple was NOT happy at all and I'm sure I would have freaked out. I estimated they were around 20 mins late but it might have been closer to 30? We remembered hearing the Allure sound her horn signaling she was about to sail but it was about 20-30 before she actually pulled her ropes in. From what we saw, it didn't really seem like anyone was there, but one guy on a golf cart to help them. They stayed out there with him for at least another 30 minutes, screaming and waving their arms. They finally rode off with him in the golf cart but the ship was long gone by then. Not sure what happened and I felt "bad" for them, even though they were clearly late. Did anyone else see this?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise too :)

Heather

Nice trip report! My flight back is with Southwest also and I have a pretty good deal for 1035AM departure. I'll have a private shuttle to airport but would like to know at what time you arrive at MCO?

Thanks

We got there a little before 9am.

Also, I did not check in on the ship. So I had to wait in the line to check in. If you already have your boarding pass, they put you in another line (shorter) to just check your bags. At least that is how it was this particular day.

Nice trip report! My flight back is with Southwest also and I have a pretty good deal for 1035AM departure. I'll have a private shuttle to airport but would like to know at what time you arrive at MCO?

Thanks

Not the OP, however we flew back SWA (I usually do) yesterday and we arrived at the airport right around 9:00am I believe. We had early dining at 6:45am and took our time since our flight wasn't until 12:15pm. The stars were lined up fine for us yesterday and we had very minimal waits at MCO but I honestly think 1035 is pushing it. If there is any delay on the cruise, the transportation getting there and the lines at MCO, that would be tight. Not saying it can't be done, but a little tight for my liking.

Heather

Great pics! I was on the same sailing with two of my friends ("girls cruise") and we had an awesome time! This is the first time I don't have any land swaying issues :rotfl: but this was also one of the calmest sailings I've experienced. The 3 and 4 night Dream sailings don't really "go" too far out so they aren't sailing at top speed too often. The sea day we were cruising at 1.7 knots and it was barely enough to get a breeze! :rotfl2:

The food was fantastic this time around and better I think than my first two Dream sailings last year. It was both of my friends first time cruising DCL and they were in love. They also ranked the food among the top favorites.

Something "interesting". We had witnessed two people miss getting back on the Allure of the Seas in Nassau. We had a starboard verandah which faced the Allure and happened to be out on our verandah right before she pulled up her ropes and sailed away. The couple was NOT happy at all and I'm sure I would have freaked out. I estimated they were around 20 mins late but it might have been closer to 30? We remembered hearing the Allure sound her horn signaling she was about to sail but it was about 20-30 before she actually pulled her ropes in. From what we saw, it didn't really seem like anyone was there, but one guy on a golf cart to help them. They stayed out there with him for at least another 30 minutes, screaming and waving their arms. They finally rode off with him in the golf cart but the ship was long gone by then. Not sure what happened and I felt "bad" for them, even though they were clearly late. Did anyone else see this?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise too :)

Heather

It sounds like you had a great cruise also :goodvibes

Wow!! That totally stinks about the people that missed their boat! I wonder how that works! I'm sure it was a really expensive mistake that included booking last minute flights!

We got there a little before 9am.

Also, I did not check in on the ship. So I had to wait in the line to check in. If you already have your boarding pass, they put you in another line (shorter) to just check your bags. At least that is how it was this particular day.

Yes, I forgot to mention this too! At MCO, if you don't have your boarding pass printed out already you have to get in the longer line. If you do have your boarding pass printed out, you go in the "express" line and this does save quite a bit of time (which we did). There are kiosks set up right next to this area and they are just like the ones SWA uses at the actual counters and you simply enter your info and it prints out your boarding passes right there. Then you get to hop in the express line which saves a lot of time. So, even if you don't get the chance to do onboard the ship, you can easily do in a minute right at the airport, next to where you enter the SWA line.

Heather

Yes, I forgot to mention this too! At MCO, if you don't have your boarding pass printed out already you have to get in the longer line. If you do have your boarding pass printed out, you go in the "express" line and this does save quite a bit of time (which we did). There are kiosks set up right next to this area and they are just like the ones SWA uses at the actual counters and you simply enter your info and it prints out your boarding passes right there. Then you get to hop in the express line which saves a lot of time. So, even if you don't get the chance to do onboard the ship, you can easily do in a minute right at the airport, next to where you enter the SWA line.

Heather

Ahhhh I always see those kiosks and figured they were for people just not checking bags at all. The lady at the end of the line should have directed people to the kiosks! Of course it wouldn't have mattered for me since I had to wait until 4 hours before anyway. One lady had a 9:30 am flight for her niece in our line, and didn't even have any bags to check, just one carry on. I have no idea why the woman didn't tell her to go to the kiosk. Nuts!

Ahhhh I always see those kiosks and figured they were for people just not checking bags at all. The lady at the end of the line should have directed people to the kiosks! Of course it wouldn't have mattered for me since I had to wait until 4 hours before anyway. One lady had a 9:30 am flight for her niece in our line, and didn't even have any bags to check, just one carry on. I have no idea why the woman didn't tell her to go to the kiosk. Nuts!

You know, I thought the same thing when we walked by all the people and I honestly wanted to tell them - but figured I didn't know their situation so I guess it's better to not say anything. I did think exactly as you though - why aren't they directing people to print boarding passes? Not sure but at least you know for next time :) Did you rebook onboard?

Heather

You know, I thought the same thing when we walked by all the people and I honestly wanted to tell them - but figured I didn't know their situation so I guess it's better to not say anything. I did think exactly as you though - why aren't they directing people to print boarding passes? Not sure but at least you know for next time :) Did you rebook onboard?

Heather

I didn't. I just didn't know which dates to pick, which ship, etc. I know you can flip flop, but it's hard since I have to work around school schedules. I'm usually last minute Mary when it comes to vacations though!

What movies are playing?

Monsters University, Wreck it Ralph, Finding Nemo, Iron Man 3, Lone Ranger, and Planes :)

Also, in case anyone was wondering. I thought the popcorn would be insanely expensive. They offer a bag the size of a full size bag of chips. Now I'm not sure of the cost, but my total cost for that and a bottle of Evian was only $4.50, which surprised me! They also offer the WDW bags of popcorn that are flavored (cheese, kettle, caramel and regular). Those were much more expensive. I think our caramel was $6.95.

Hi! We were also on that cruise. It was our 1st DCL experience and we loved it!!! We currently have a 4 night booked for next year but have decided to change that to a 7 night.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Hi! We were also on that cruise. It was our 1st DCL experience and we loved it!!! We currently have a 4 night booked for next year but have decided to change that to a 7 night.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Nice!

Hey, did you happen to see this guest on pirate night? He got on the elevator with us, and we got a kick out of his costume!

IMG_7560_zps19381797.jpg

summerrluvv said:
Nice!

Hey, did you happen to see this guest on pirate night? He got on the elevator with us, and we got a kick out of his costume!

Wow, that is some costume!!!! No, we did not see him.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter