Just back from 5 Night Magic

lorimay

Strolling along...
We got back from our first cruise since September 2019 yesterday, we sailed the 5 night Magic with a double dip and Nassau.
We had wonderful time, of course as usual it flew by.

Here was the way our arrival played out, I know people have been asking.

We are from the Ft. Lauderdale area, we drove to the port and parked $110 for 5 nights to park at the port.
We left home on a Saturday morning about 9am so traffic was great, we had a 10:30 port of arrival time.
We got there about 9:50. We saw The Magic in terminal C, but you couldn't park there, it was employee parking.
We went around again and went to drop our luggage off, only a few cars, it was very fast.
She told us to go to parking lot G and that there was a shuttle that would bring us back to the ship.
We parked and there were no signs at all as to where the shuttle picked you up, it was so weird. There were maybe 5 or 6 other families looking for the shuttle as well. We walked to the back of garage and there was a worker who told us to go to the garage entrance for pick up.
We waited there less than 10 minutes and the bus came.
Last time we cruised out of Miami there were sign everywhere for Disney.
We did see the sign yesterday when we got back to the garage, either it wasn't there or it wasn't turned on when we arrived. I thought it could of just been we missed, but the other families didn't see it either.

When we got to the ship there were maybe 50 people in line ahead of us, we probably waited 20 minutes to get to security which was very fast. After that we went to take our Covid tests, also very fast and easy.
We were sent to wait in the terminal seating area, they had a couple big screen TV's with reservation numbers listed that said you could go to terminal or go back to testing area. But you still received an email for the go ahead as well.
We were cleared in about 40 minutes and walked onto the ship about 11:45am.

The atrium was decorated beautifully, the tree and garland were covered in twinkling lights. You could smell the gingerbread house even through your mask.
They did the little welcome show and then brought us to Fathoms for someone to show you on a big screen how to do your muster station requirements. We walked in toward the end of his directions, but my husband had already figured it out and was on the right place on his phone, so we went to Animator's Palate which was our station.
There was a man waiting to check you off the list once you took the picture of your assembly station sign.
Apparently the woman in front of us was having issues with the internet and this man must have been new at doing this so there was some confusion. Of course, the woman was getting snippy with this guy that she wanted to go eat her lunch and he needed to fix it fast. I felt so bad for him. She is looking up at other people waiting saying "I can't understand what he is saying, can you?"
It was her tone, was just so unnecessary. You just walked onto a ship for vacation and you're acting like this already? Just take a breath and give the man a minute, it wasn't his fault you phone wasn't working.

There were about 950 people onboard, so it never felt crowded at all.

The gingerbread house

Attachments

• 9369486C-47D2-4DCA-8148-C715C2687E04.jpeg
    9369486C-47D2-4DCA-8148-C715C2687E04.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 32
  • C2AC4E4D-A9FB-4019-A601-E27E2187FDF0.jpeg
    C2AC4E4D-A9FB-4019-A601-E27E2187FDF0.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 32
Apparently the woman in front of us was having issues with the internet and this man must have been new at doing this so there was some confusion. Of course, the woman was getting snippy with this guy that she wanted to go eat her lunch and he needed to fix it fast. I felt so bad for him. She is looking up at other people waiting saying "I can't understand what he is saying, can you?"
It was her tone, was just so unnecessary. You just walked onto a ship for vacation and you're acting like this already? Just take a breath and give the man a minute, it wasn't his fault you phone wasn't working.

THIS! We experienced a ton of this on our 11/8 Sailing. So many snippy/nasty people for no reason. It was really strange. We saw someone snap at one of the Adult pool servers for "bothering her" when she was sitting on a lounge chair staring off into space. She wasn't sleeping or doing anything that would warrant the behavior.

The 5 nights are wonderful but they do feel too short at times lol.

We had 2 beautiful days at Castaway cay.

The first day we were lucky enough to get a cabana on Serentiy Bay, the weather was beautiful, just breezy with a few clouds. The water was a bit choppy, but still nice.
Lunch time there was a line for food about 15 minutes, but they were taking it very slow one family at a time and that was fine.
They require masks in line for food, we left ours at the cabana, but the server where you sanitize your hands had some disposable masks for us.
Food was good, plenty of tables available.

2nd day we went to family beach, again perfect weather. We went to the first beach and it was so quiet the water was like a lake clear and cool. It never really got busy there.
It was so enjoyable a few kids playing in the water having the time of their lives.
Lunch at Cookies was very good, I felt there were more options there. The Cajun Chicken was very good, the fish was bit too fishy for me.
Castaway Cay is always a day of relaxing and taking in the sun and fun.

Do you remember which musicals played which nights? I have the same cruise lined up for Jan and am interested to know!!

Thanks for posting. We will have someone in a wheelchair, can our husbands drop us off and wait for them to return from parking (we have two cars, 6 of us total). When do they check ur PAT in Miami? Lovin your report. How did u find the variety in Cabanas (we were on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago and for the first time, very disappointed in the lunch variety) thanks again.

Thanks for posting. We will have someone in a wheelchair, can our husbands drop us off and wait for them to return from parking (we have two cars, 6 of us total). When do they check ur PAT in Miami? Lovin your report. How did u find the variety in Cabanas (we were on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago and for the first time, very disappointed in the lunch variety) thanks again.

Yes, they can drop you off at luggage drop.
They checked our arrival times as we were walking into security.

We only at at lunch at cabanas on arrival day, I thought the options were lacking.
Breakfast we just went in for some oatmeal. The last full day the did have the churro Mickey Waffles.

Do you remember which musicals played which nights? I have the same cruise lined up for Jan and am interested to know!!

They had a great guitar player in The Promenade every night for several shows. His name was Keith he was from India, he was wonderful, beautiful voice. We went to several of his shows throughout the cruise.
There were two female piano players as well, Becca and Titi (I think).
Becca was very good, we saw her one night in Keys.
We heard Titi (I think) playing in the atrium.
BUT Keith OMG , he was so good and friendly. He interacted with everyone so much.
He said he has a contract until February on The Magic.
Don't miss him!

Thanks for posting! Did you go to the Goofy pool? What was it like? I thought there was a virtual queue but saw one report where it sounded like there was a physical line and kids were allowed maybe 20 minutes at a time?

Thanks for posting! Did you go to the Goofy pool? What was it like? I thought there was a virtual queue but saw one report where it sounded like there was a physical line and kids were allowed maybe 20 minutes at a time?

Were never went there, but on The Nassau day, I did see a physical line with a couple people waiting when we walked by.
Only around 950 on board so never really crowded.
The only day we saw a crowd was Nassau day, in the afternoon around adult pool, no loungers were available. There were plenty of available seats near The Cove though.

I'm sorry, I read your question wrong.

It was Tangled 2 nights, Enchanted or Dreams 2 nights sorry, I didn't attend it, and The Eternals one night.

We got there about 9:50.

Since your PAT was at 10:30 what did you do between your arrival time and 10:30? Did they let you into the terminal early?

We got there about 9:50.

Since your PAT was at 10:30 what did you do between your arrival time and 10:30? Did they let you into the terminal early?

We dropped our luggage took the shuttle to the terminal and waited in the line to enter the building. We only waited about 15 minutes from the time we got into line and walking into security. There was about 50 or so people ahead of us.

We had read on a FB post that Cove Cafe was closing at 2 pm on the Magic cruises. Did you observe this?

I never saw that happen on our 11/8 Magic Sailing. I had friends who went to get espresso martini's around 3pm one day and it was open then. As always, the hours can change at any time though.

We had read on a FB post that Cove Cafe was closing at 2 pm on the Magic cruises. Did you observe this?

No, I never saw that happen either.

I did see some of the food options on deck 9 were closed early.
The pizza place closed from 6:30- 9pm
Then re opened 9 to midnight nightly.
I don't know if that is a normal thing they always did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter