• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from 7-night Eastern on the Fantasy (Concierge)! Ask me whatevs.

sorry for being a little obtuse, if we are concierge do i still need to send the email at midnight ? thought that was the benefit of the room, or will sending info saturday morning satisfy our requests ? thanks ..
i believe it's first come, first served even in concierge. that being said, you will 99.9% get whatever you want but if you had a specific cabana request and someone emailed at midnight to request that cabana #, then they would be honored first as their email was received first. does that make sense? lol

yes, very clear. thank you... since this is our first trip we don't have any prior knowledge of the layout so we'd be happy with any assignment I"m sure... Thank you for your help.

there's a thread called "Castaway Cay Private Cabanas" and "Dream Concierge" that has a lot of info on cabanas and location including videos and pictures if you are interested! We sail on the Dream in 45 days and got cabana 15 on the family beach. I was apprehensive despite my extensive research and choice, but as concierge they do hold back a cabana for on board booking so if you get assigned a number you aren't sure about, you can always let them know you would like to change prior to disembarkation or when you get on board. People do cancel! Good luck!

sorry for being a little obtuse, if we are concierge do i still need to send the email at midnight ? thought that was the benefit of the room, or will sending info saturday morning satisfy our requests ? thanks ..

It really depends on what you are requesting. If you are just requesting excursions and dining, then you will have no problems if you wait until morning to send your request.

If you are requesting a Family Beach cabana, you should send your request as early as you can. There are only 20 FB cabanas and 41 Concierge staterooms. If, say, 25 of those staterooms request a Cabana, it will be the first 20 who will get them.

Man, this thread is really making me want to change an upcoming cruise to Concierge. We had it on our last cruise and I can see the desire even more on our next Fantasy cruise...

Yes, the bartender made lots of non-alcoholic drinks during the happy hours.

Hard to say. Julia is on vacation as of last weekend, and her next contract is actually going to be on the Magic. Kemisha goes on vacation tomorrow.

Yay!!! :) Thanks!

I have heard that many of the concierge hosts are wonderful, but I will be sad to not see Julia! We have a lot of time before our next cruise, though, so fingers crossed!!

Yay!!! :) Thanks!

I have heard that many of the concierge hosts are wonderful, but I will be sad to not see Julia! We have a lot of time before our next cruise, though, so fingers crossed!!

I know that Julia was asked to go to the Magic specifically for the start of the European season and because they are making some adjustments to the Concierge program on that ship (I'm sure the fact that she speaks English, German, and Spanish fluently also figured into them asking her to go). It may very well be that she will do that for 1 contract and then be back on the Fantasy.

She is a wonderful host, and she and her husband clearly seem to love working for DCL, so I wouldn't be surprised if you ran into her again.

I know that Julia was asked to go to the Magic specifically for the start of the European season and because they are making some adjustments to the Concierge program on that ship (I'm sure the fact that she speaks English, German, and Spanish fluently also figured into them asking her to go). It may very well be that she will do that for 1 contract and then be back on the Fantasy.

She is a wonderful host, and she and her husband clearly seem to love working for DCL, so I wouldn't be surprised if you ran into her again.

Thanks for the additional details!! :) I haven't been on the Magic in soooo long! Sounds like another good excuse to cruise on her again!

I had gotten used to concierge on Dream and Fantasy and had Julia as a host 3 times and Kamisha twice.

I just got off the Magic a couple of weeks ago and the concierge experience was PITIFUL, the worst in 10 cruises. They really need to improve it on the old ships as the value is clearly not there. Thats one of the reasons I have been so inflamed about the pricing for 2016 ... 42-68K for some of those sailings. Beyond ludicrous.

I had gotten used to concierge on Dream and Fantasy and had Julia as a host 3 times and Kamisha twice.

I just got off the Magic a couple of weeks ago and the concierge experience was PITIFUL, the worst in 10 cruises. They really need to improve it on the old ships as the value is clearly not there. Thats one of the reasons I have been so inflamed about the pricing for 2016 ... 42-68K for some of those sailings. Beyond ludicrous.

I got the sense that one of the reasons Julia was asked to go to the Magic was exactly what you said...people weren't satisfied that they got their money's worth. It doesn't have to be that way...even without the Lounge, we had a great Concierge experience on the Wonder in Alaska with Glenn and Rodrigo.

What sorts of drinks can I ask to be fixed at Concierge Happy Hour? Will they do me some of the other bars special cocktails? Will they do margaritas or types of martinis eg cosmos, appletinis etc?

What sorts of drinks can I ask to be fixed at Concierge Happy Hour? Will they do me some of the other bars special cocktails? Will they do margaritas or types of martinis eg cosmos, appletinis etc?

Wine, champagne, scotch, cognac, and, for the most part, pretty straight-forward mixed drinks. Nothing requiring a blender. Nothing frozen. There is also a machine that makes espresso drinks, so you can toss a shot of Bailey's or whatever you like into your cappuccino for a nice after-dinner (or before-dinner or before-show) coffee.

Thank you. Was there just one Private Deck party or two? What character did you have for Meet and Greet?

It would be nice to see Julia on the Magic we got on well with her for 14 nights on the Fantasy, we are on a Baltic run, however requested Angelina as we knew she would be on.

Julia and Kamisha are my all time favorite concierge hosts hands down
I agree we were on the NYE's cruise and loved these ladies!!!!! I would also add Amanda in as one of our favorites. They all took care of all our needs, and we looked forward to catching up with them each day!!

I looooooooooove 12506.

Yes, the bump out makes a significant difference in the verandah size. I would estimate it's about 20% more square footage.

Also, one nice thing about the Fantasy/Dream is that you can do concierge without having to get a suite, since they have the Concierge Family Staterooms. We're doing one (12516) for a 4-night on the Dream on New Year's Eve.

We were in 12516 on the Dream :) We loved it! We booked 12516 on the Fantasy for our next cruise!

I agree we were on the NYE's cruise and loved these ladies!!!!! I would also add Amanda in as one of our favorites. They all took care of all our needs, and we looked forward to catching up with them each day!!

I love Amanda too!!! We had Amanda, Tracy, and PJ on our cruise all were so fabulous. I hope at least one is on our cruise this year.

I love Amanda too!!! We had Amanda, Tracy, and PJ on our cruise all were so fabulous. I hope at least one is on our cruise this year.

I think that's the team that is on the Fantasy right now. Amanda replaced Julia last Saturday, and Kemisha left on vacation yesterday. I couldn't remember who was going to replace her, but it may have been Tracy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter