Just back from a last minute budget trip

rella's fan

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to post my experience in case it may help someone planning. Just got back yesterday from a last minute trip with myself, my daughter and her boyfriend and we hadn't been since just before Covid. Flew into LAX from Detroit (we live in Canada) and didn't want to risk the unknown cost of Ubers and also wanted to go the beach so rented a car for a total of $142 (Sunday at noon till Wednesday night) from Fox Car rental - totally worth it even with the parking costs from the hotel. We much prefer Disneyland over WDW so over the years we have stayed at the Hilton(Convention Centre), Howard Johnsons, Courtyard (Theme Park Entrance) and most frequently Fairfield Inn but the set up of the rooms made Springhill Suites (Convention Centre) look appealing due to not wanting to get 2 rooms and still having privacy. Great hotel - will stay there again. Very quick and easy walk, free breakfast, CVS on main floor and a really good price. Picked up water and snacks at Target just down the street before checking in. Only had 2 full park days so decided to skip park hopping and focused on one park per day to save a little money. We bought Genie + and thought it was worth it but boy we really missed Max Pass. Also missed Fantasmic and a night time parade but great trip overall even with the heatwave. Have went in the past several times during this timeframe with very low crowds but it seemed much busier this time.

Thanks for the report. I'm glad you had a fun trip! Did you have any favorites rides or experiences?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter