Just back from a MAGICal four nights

DopeyDame

DIS Veteran
We got off the magic yesterday and it was *awesome*
One of the most fun and easiest vacations I've ever had.
We had kids aged 6-12 with us, so happy to answer latest kids club/edge questions.
Overall everything was fantastic. The ship was only about half full, but there were really minimal covid impacts. In fact it was the safest and most covid-relaxed I've felt in two years.
The ship was sparkling, the food was plentiful and good, and the activities were the right mix of fun and relaxing.

Our kids were able to come and go into kids club as they pleased. I did see a family trying to chekc in a small kid (3 or 4) ahead of us. They were late for their reservation, so it had been cancelled, but the checkin crew member was able to make them a new reservation on the spot so her daughter was still able to go in at that time.

They were still limiting pool capacity, which was really odd given there were basically no restrictions anywhere else. Most of the time it was no big deal, but the afternoon of our sea day the line was a little insane. That was really the only covid related issue we had.

Happy to answer any questions. But if you're on the fence - do it now before crowds come back! It was wonderful!

Is just the pool limited capacity, or is the Aqua Lab area limited too? Any restrictions on the slides? Was the sports desk (basketball court ) open? How about shuffleboard/ping pong? On Castaway Cay was the Game Pavilion open?

Is just the pool limited capacity, or is the Aqua Lab area limited too? Any restrictions on the slides? Was the sports desk (basketball court ) open? How about shuffleboard/ping pong? On Castaway Cay was the Game Pavilion open?

Literally the only capacity restrictions were at the actual pools and hottubs. Everything else including the splash pads and slides, were as open as usual.
At the little kid pool, the lifeguards were actually encouraging parents to hold their kids' places in line while the kids played in the splashpad until it was their turn to get into the pool.
The slides very seldom had long waits. (My kids went down the yellow slide several times when they didn't feel like waiting in line for the pool)
Basketball courts, shuffleboard, ping pong were all open without restrictions. My tween boy spent a lot of time playing basketball!
Castaway Cay basketball was open. We saw the game pavilion, but no one was playing in it. I think it was open, just no one was there, but I didn't explicitly check.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, I have no idea! Whoever played her was great.

I do wish we got a playbill/showbill - or even a cast list on the app somewhere. It's fun to see DCL listed in bios in playbills of Broadway shows, and it would be nice to see if you'd seen them before! (I know the guy who was the second Mistoffeles in the Cats revival and the standby for Anastasia on Broadway were both former DCL performers - but even then I don't know who they played in the shows on board.)

We will be on the Magic next week! One thing I'm super curious about, did you have the antigen or the rapid PCR test at port? I've seen lots of confirmations that they've switched to antigen for Port Canaveral, but no first-hand reports for Miami.

We will be on the Magic next week! One thing I'm super curious about, did you have the antigen or the rapid PCR test at port? I've seen lots of confirmations that they've switched to antigen for Port Canaveral, but no first-hand reports for Miami.
I was just coming here to ask the same question since we’re on the 4/25 sailing.

I was just coming here to ask the same question since we’re on the 4/25 sailing.
FWIW, someone on facebook just posted today that their test in Miami took 15 mins for results. They didn’t comment in whether it was antigen but with such a quick turnaround I think it is likely as they were averaging 30 mins with the rapid PCRs.

FWIW, someone on facebook just posted today that their test in Miami took 15 mins for results. They didn’t comment in whether it was antigen but with such a quick turnaround I think it is likely as they were averaging 30 mins with the rapid PCRs.
Thank you!

We got off the magic yesterday and it was *awesome*
One of the most fun and easiest vacations I've ever had.
We had kids aged 6-12 with us, so happy to answer latest kids club/edge questions.
Overall everything was fantastic. The ship was only about half full, but there were really minimal covid impacts. In fact it was the safest and most covid-relaxed I've felt in two years.
The ship was sparkling, the food was plentiful and good, and the activities were the right mix of fun and relaxing.

Our kids were able to come and go into kids club as they pleased. I did see a family trying to chekc in a small kid (3 or 4) ahead of us. They were late for their reservation, so it had been cancelled, but the checkin crew member was able to make them a new reservation on the spot so her daughter was still able to go in at that time.

They were still limiting pool capacity, which was really odd given there were basically no restrictions anywhere else. Most of the time it was no big deal, but the afternoon of our sea day the line was a little insane. That was really the only covid related issue we had.

Happy to answer any questions. But if you're on the fence - do it now before crowds come back! It was wonderful!
Do you know if they were seating parties with other parties at dinner?

Shows - you mention Tangled and Dreams. Any others?

Did you notice what movies were in the Buena Vista Theater?

Do you remember when you were off the ship / on the sidewalk?

Thanks. (Another one sailing April 25)

We left from Miami on 3/28 and I think we did PCR tests. But from when we left the testing station to when we were cleared to sail was exactly 20 minutes!! I was very pleasantly surprised with the fast turnaround after I had spent all week feeling jealous of the Port Canaveral departures and their antigen tests.

Shows - you mention Tangled and Dreams. Any others?

Did you notice what movies were in the Buena Vista Theater?

Do you remember when you were off the ship / on the sidewalk?

Thanks. (Another one sailing April 25)
We got off a 5 night Magic yesterday.

Shows in the Walt Disney Theater were:
  1. Tangled
  2. Charlie Peachock (great juggler)
  3. Turning Red
  4. Michelle Knight (singer)
  5. Dreams
Are you asking what time we got off the ship yesterday? I'd say 8:30? I'm pretty sure we got to the airport by around 8:45 because I was thinking we could try to get on a 10:15 flight instead of the noon we were scheduled for.

Movies in Buena Vista were about 80% Encanto/Turning Red on rotation plus a couple of Marvel ones thrown in, and maybe a couple zootopia. Sorry I can't remember them all because the only ones that seemed like they would work timewise were always Encanto and Turning Red. It was a little disappointing.

We got off a 5 night Magic yesterday.

Shows in the Walt Disney Theater were:
  1. Tangled
  2. Charlie Peachock (great juggler)
  3. Turning Red
  4. Michelle Knight (singer)
  5. Dreams
Are you asking what time we got off the ship yesterday? I'd say 8:30? I'm pretty sure we got to the airport by around 8:45 because I was thinking we could try to get on a 10:15 flight instead of the noon we were scheduled for.

Movies in Buena Vista were about 80% Encanto/Turning Red on rotation plus a couple of Marvel ones thrown in, and maybe a couple zootopia. Sorry I can't remember them all because the only ones that seemed like they would work timewise were always Encanto and Turning Red. It was a little disappointing.
Thank you. I was hoping for better movie choices, but also couldn’t find a new release as coming out before May.

The disembark time should help me plan our return plans. It is certainly nice to get current info.

Did you do Palo? If so, was the buffet back?
I didn't, but others in our party did. They went for dinner - they had the fixed price and a la carte options, but no buffet. (Not sure if there was ever a buffet for dinner) From what I could see from the onboard app there was no buffet for the brunch either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter