Just back from BCV...

My opinions here...
Well, all the negatives I've read were true in my case. Checked in at 330 to room studio 363, street/canal view. The room smelled old. Like musty, Motel 6 . The carpet had snags everywhere, the towel rack near vanity was broke. The central air unit was broke for a few hours. The best? When we checked in, there was little shaved hairs on floor that were up against tub. Looked like they were swept or mopped there because they were in a straight line. I brought my own cleaning wipes and took care of that. Everything else, was just really bad wear and tear. Bad. I know that this property unfairly has been skipped for renovation. Not fair to the owners. It really was bad:( Not enough to ruin my stay. All issues reported. We chose here due to pool and location due to most of our ADR in Epcot.
The good? The pool AMAZING. Beautiful, fun, clean
Hurricane Hannah was excellent lunch items. The employees were warm, helpful, and answered any questions thru out the property with a smile. The location was just perfect. I would love to go back only after reno. It was priceless avoiding busses going to from HS and EPCOT. I thought the grounds were gorgeous. Loved the dunes, so pretty. The quiet pools were on fact, quiet.
I just wanted to let upcoming members know that the rooms and hallways desperately need attention. I know unless you live under a rock, y'all know the missed reno. But, I was hoping for a fresh and clean room with everything in working order. Any questions, shoot ! :)
THANKS for posting your observations.:goodvibes Obviously, reno "long overdue". Looking forward to SAB:beach: and HOPING for the best this October.::yes::

Jersey gal- the resort itself was beautiful! ! I just had a bad villa... if you see 363 on your room text, go to front desk! Lol :) But, I found the rest of the resort and pool to be amazing and this trip was ( as my little one puts it) "a parks trip from open to close" with a little pool break each day to break it up. BCV has the best location on property IMO. Have a great trip next month ;) !

My issue is that Disney has always been a place that was better than the rest. The whole idea that Walt had of plusing it, going beyond expectations, making magic is what makes Disney special.

One would think of getting a clean, maintained room would be a basic, simple thing for Disney to accomplish.

:earsboy: Bill

Jersey gal- the resort itself was beautiful! ! I just had a bad villa... if you see 363 on your room text, go to front desk! Lol :) But, I found the rest of the resort and pool to be amazing and this trip was ( as my little one puts it) "a parks trip from open to close" with a little pool break each day to break it up. BCV has the best location on property IMO. Have a great trip next month ;) !
Won't be playing the lotto using #363, haha!:laughing: RUN, don't walk, lol!:laughing::goodvibes

Thanks again for that DebbieB. Are these your own personal photo's? I need to find my older photo albums. The room we had in the spring looked exactly like the room we had on our very first trip.

The pre-2009 was mine. The 2009 renovation picture was from allears.net.

Deedisney
Can't say anything truthful if it's DVC negative on this board... I gave an honest assessment and would like BCV owners and future guests know the condition in which my villa was in.
I guess that you missed in my post where I said that I knew that the rooms were not going to be refurbished- wasn't expect a Grand Opening . Also, the hairs are a mouse keeping issue- not DVC. I don't think that a DVC room, or a value resort room, should smell musty, have broken drawers , broken heating and cooling units, and juice stains all over couches . Forget the snagged carpet, scratched tables, cracked mirror. You would be ok with the room I was describing ? Unfortunately, the only 2 pictures my daughter didn't delete were the hair and the towel ring. But it shouldn't matter if the room I'm describing is at All Star Music or Beach Club Villas- the condition is unacceptable. That villa was not in "working order" . I was there labor day week and resort was full. Nothing I stated was "opinion". It was actually facts of my rooms condition.

Sorry screwed up this reply in the quote! !!!

I would be livid if I was a BCV owner. They are paying their dues and where is the money going? They are either sitting on it or using it elsewhere, neither is acceptable. If you wanted to do renovations on your house and the contractor said he can't do it until next year because he's working across the street, what would you say? I'd say I'll find another contractor. Saying they are working on Beach Club is not acceptable.

I would be livid if I was a BCV owner. They are paying their dues and where is the money going? They are either sitting on it or using it elsewhere, neither is acceptable. If you wanted to do renovations on your house and the contractor said he can't do it until next year because he's working across the street, what would you say? I'd say I'll find another contractor. Saying they are working on Beach Club is not acceptable.

Well, for one thing, I remember LOTS of damage from a hurricaine....seemed the roofs over at BeachClub were quite damaged and took a while to fix. I am no longer a BCV owner so can't really say anything about where my dues are going and how much is spent repairing stuff that is broken by non-owners.

And yes....I've dealt with snags in carpets, a toilet paper holder that seemed to have lost it's "spring", stains on counter tops....and never felt the need to come on these boards to B&M.

So, let me tell you about AKL.....it took Disney 3 days to find the culprit that was sneaking smokes on their deck. At the AKL!!!! Unbelievable that someone thinks it is okay to sneak smokes there. What is the matter with security that it can't find the smoker? Oh....and don't hang anything to dry on your deck....check for lots of little red ants before you bring the stuff into your room. And don't get me started on the blotches and stains on the carpets. Seriously!!!! Can't they keep these rooms cleaner? And lots of little cuts and stuff on the couch. Why don't they get replaced immediately?

Yep, that stuff happened...but no big deal. GWIM?

This isn't just a BCV problem, it's a DVC problem. If this is their new schedule all resorts will suffer the same fate if something doesn't change.

Interesting that new construction moves full steam ahead while taking care of existing properties doesn't seem to be in their job description.

:earsboy: Bill

I stayed in a BCV one bedroom in May and it was great. Definitely needed a refresher but it didn't smell and nothing was broken. Also had no housekeeping issues. The location is worth taking the chance for me.

Ugg...I'm going to change my gals trip to anywhere I can. I really wanted SAB for F&G, but I do not want those issues.

Bobbi:sad2:

Sad to read about the condition of your villa :sad1:. We own there and have loved staying there every other year or so. We were there December 2013 and November 2014 and thought that the villas were in good shape. There were some loose knobs on the kitchen cabinets and one other minor thing that I can't remember now, but we called Maintenance and they were fixed. I do recall that the CM just went around changing the knobs in the kitchen until he found one that fit....the holes were stripped so it was hard to find one that would work without turning and turning and turning forever.

We love the location and the pool and the small size of the resort. It will be great when the villas get renovated. As an owner, I call and get things fixed right away (broken refrigerator years ago, broken AC, leaky faucet in bathroom). Should I call up and inquire and say that I've read complaints online?

I stayed in a BCV one bedroom in May and it was great. Definitely needed a refresher but it didn't smell and nothing was broken. Also had no housekeeping issues. The location is worth taking the chance for me.
THANKS for posting;good to hear!

Jerseygal... don't change resorts !! I just let everyone know the condition of my villa.. the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. The location was amazing... pool, staff, Hurricane Hannahs, the quiet pools, all of it. Being near the Boardwalk , HS, and Epcot is priceless. I reported the major issues, so hopefully all will be fixed in that villa for the next guests that were after us. :)

Jerseygal... don't change resorts !! I just let everyone know the condition of my villa.. the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. The location was amazing... pool, staff, Hurricane Hannahs, the quiet pools, all of it. Being near the Boardwalk , HS, and Epcot is priceless. I reported the major issues, so hopefully all will be fixed in that villa for the next guests that were after us. :)
I wasn't planning on it; Too many wonderful aspects of the Boardwalk area and of course SAB!:beach: SO CLOSE to F&W!:drinking1 Glad that you communicated the issues so that hopefully the repairs are made. ::yes::

Just wanted to chime in that I'm a BCV owner, and I'm not furious about where my dues are going. Sure I would have liked the renovation to be done this year, but the money set aside for the work is still there and will be used when they can do it (hopefully next year).

Stuff happens. ..

Deedisney
Can't say anything truthful if it's DVC negative on this board... I gave an honest assessment and would like BCV owners and future guests know the condition in which my villa was in.
I guess that you missed in my post where I said that I knew that the rooms were not going to be refurbished- wasn't expect a Grand Opening . Also, the hairs are a mouse keeping issue- not DVC. I don't think that a DVC room, or a value resort room, should smell musty, have broken drawers , broken heating and cooling units, and juice stains all over couches . Forget the snagged carpet, scratched tables, cracked mirror. You would be ok with the room I was describing ? Unfortunately, the only 2 pictures my daughter didn't delete were the hair and the towel ring. But it shouldn't matter if the room I'm describing is at All Star Music or Beach Club Villas- the condition is unacceptable. That villa was not in "working order" . I was there labor day week and resort was full. Nothing I stated was "opinion". It was actually facts of my rooms condition.

Sorry screwed up this reply in the quote! !!!

We are BCV owners and are dissatisfied with the current condition of the villas. We were there in May for 10 nights. Our two bedroom villa was in poor condition. Upon arrival I was putting groceries away and when I opened a kitchen cabinet the door literally fell off. All cabinets were dented and dinged. The master bath tub, the wood trim was caving in under he tub. Toilet ran constantly and we had to call to have it fixed. All furniture was worn. It was way beyond tired looking. The hallways carpet is filthy and worn, walls were marked up and dirty. DVC should not allow the villas to get this bad. Not for what we pay to buy in and in maintenance fees. Other timeshares are far less in cost and maintained much better. It is my one and only disappointment with DVC.

We were there in May and had a refurbished room. It was very nice. They are doing the resort now, sorry you didn't get a r.oom that was done. Maybe they'll be done when you go back.

We were there in May and had a refurbished room. It was very nice. They are doing the resort now, sorry you didn't get a r.oom that was done. Maybe they'll be done when you go back.
Glad you had a nice renovated room. :goodvibesMany have reported here that the renovation has been delayed? :confused3Did you perhaps stay in the Beach Club Resort rather than the Villas?:confused3 I understand that the RESORT has beautifully renovated rooms.:thumbsup2Thanks for any info you can provide!:goodvibes

Glad you had a nice renovated room. :goodvibesMany have reported here that the renovation has been delayed? :confused3Did you perhaps stay in the Beach Club Resort rather than the Villas?:confused3 I understand that the RESORT has beautifully renovated rooms.:thumbsup2Thanks for any info you can provide!:goodvibes
I have to think pp was at resort not villas. I was there last month and there was no refurb going on.

Having read all the horror stories about BCV lately, I changed our March res to the Poly. Higher points but at least I know the villas will be in better shape.

I am pissed!!!!

Changed room from Boardwalk to Beach Club, now DVC sends pictures out of Boardwalk refurbished, family wants to go there. Had to tell them that I swapped with Beach Club. This after enduring the crappy conditions of Boardwalk prior to its rehab.

Can't win!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter