• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back from BWV!

boscoj

Mouseketeer
What can I say except that we had an awesome time! We got in at 7:30am last Saturday after riding an 11 hour flight from Hawaii and needless to say the family was a little tired. But, once we got there, everyone just "perked" up! ME was magical (check-in took 5 minutes) and got us to BWV within 40 minutes. Got to the front desk and got more great news...our 2 bedroom villa on the 5th floor was ready!! Rooms 5015 and 17 which had a great view of Illuminations.

The parks were crowded but we expected that and as long as we got there early each day we had either minimal waits or were able to accumulate FP's for later in the day.

The bus transportation shared with the Swan and Dolphin, but the Boardwalk was always the first picked-up as well as dropped-off.

Only minor problem was that the dryer in the room wasn't working properly, but one call to maintenance addressed the problem within an hour.:thumbsup2
Anyways the whole family loved the place, especially DS (6yo) who couldn't get enough of the pool and the "Clown Slide", and the location IMO just can't be beat!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!:)

What can I say except that we had an awesome time! We got in at 7:30am last Saturday after riding an 11 hour flight from Hawaii and needless to say the family was a little tired. But, once we got there, everyone just "perked" up! ME was magical (check-in took 5 minutes) and got us to BWV within 40 minutes. Got to the front desk and got more great news...our 2 bedroom villa on the 5th floor was ready!! Rooms 5015 and 17 which had a great view of Illuminations.

The parks were crowded but we expected that and as long as we got there early each day we had either minimal waits or were able to accumulate FP's for later in the day.

The bus transportation shared with the Swan and Dolphin, but the Boardwalk was always the first picked-up as well as dropped-off.

Only minor problem was that the dryer in the room wasn't working properly, but one call to maintenance addressed the problem within an hour.:thumbsup2
Anyways the whole family loved the place, especially DS (6yo) who couldn't get enough of the pool and the "Clown Slide", and the location IMO just can't be beat!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!:)

Glad you had a great time!

What did you do for groceries? We haven't used ME because we need to stop and get ourselves some food and beverages and I would never consider getting this at the BWV store....$12 for a 6-pack of bud light? No way.

I would love to use ME if I knew of a good, reliable, reasonably priced alternative to the grocery stop...

Thanks for the great report - we leave tomorrow and can't wait! We have a Boardwalk view for the week :yay:

Monte Cristo - we are using Magical Express and went with Garden Grocer for our groceries. They are probably 30% higher than the grocery stores plus a $10.00 delivery charge. It is still a lot less than the WDW stores plus I don't have to spend any time shopping as they are delivered right to the resort. I believe you can add beer and wine to the list, also.

There's also another grocery service but I can't recall the name... they will shop at any store you select. I would use them if we were buying a lot more groceries but did not for the small amount I ordered as their delivery charge is higher.

Did your curtains close all the way? I read that someone had a problem with this in their room at the BWV, and we had a one bedroom where they didn't match up for either window. These were new, and wondering if it's resort wide for new curtains. We had to use a safety pin so the light didn't wake us up in the morning. I think we were in 2047. It was a BV view HA room.

Good to hear about the good trips, we stay at BW with BWView. We stay about 6 times per year and have had good luck all the time. Only bad thing was the mile long walk to our room.

DuckFan-Had no problems with the curtains...

As for groceries, we did use the BWV store for some of the basics (milk, eggs, bacon, etc) but for beer my brother picked it up from a grocery store...sorry I can't remember the name. I agree with you that the price for beer was outrageous!

Also forgot to mention, if anyone plans to ride Soaring, be advised to go early to get your FP's! Due to all of the remodeling, they really limit the number of FPs. I think by 10:00am the return time was already for late afternoon.

Glad you had a great trip. We had a good time during our recent BWV stay. Even if we were at the end of the worlds longest hallway :rotfl:

Glad you had a great time; thanks for reporting...we'll be there in 16 days!! Weather was great, I presume??

What can I say except that we had an awesome time! We got in at 7:30am last Saturday after riding an 11 hour flight from Hawaii and needless to say the family was a little tired. )

Great, thanks for stealing my thunder, I used to complain about my 5 hour flight from LAX!

What can I say except that we had an awesome time! We got in at 7:30am last Saturday after riding an 11 hour flight from Hawaii

dwelty said:
I used to complain about my 5 hour flight from LAX!

Wow, we're really lucky that our flight to Orlando is only about 2 hours. As someone who is extremely afraid of flying, I can't imagine having to endure flight times like this on a regular basis! Heck, we've flown into Paris, London and Dublin from Chicago and only averaged between 7-8 hours!

Makes you realize just how HUGE our country really is! :)

BWVNUT--weather was great! The first two days it was a little windy and in the mid 60's (which was fine by me but my wife wasn't too happy) but as the week went on it was very comfortable mid 70's.

As for the plane ride, that is the only thing that prevents us from going to WDW more often:guilty: . Although DS (6) handled both legs really well, it was a little tiring for the adults...

Hi! I'm glad to hear that you had a great time at BWV! We stayed in the same 2-bedroom villa for Christmas and the view was amazing! :cloud9: I had a question for you - did you notice any noise/loud humming from the air conditioning units right above the master bedroom? On our first night, one of those units went out 'with a bang' at about 1am and woke us all up. After that, we were very sensitive to the noise coming from the roof. I just wondered if we would have noticed at all if it weren't for our loud first night!
Thanks!

-Michelle

Hey Michelle, I guess they must have fixed the problem because we experienced no unusual noises from the ac...and you are right, the view from the balcony was truly awesome!

Thanks for the report. We will be there in 33 days! (but who's counting!?) I know that my kids will love the slide.

We are using Garden Grocer for a few items to hold us over for the first couple of days. We always rent a car, but after traveling all day that first day, the last thing I want to do when we finally arrive is go gorcery shopping! So, I arrange for Garden Grocer to deliver enough stuff to get us through for 2 days...then by day 3 it doesn't seem like a big deal to run out and get supplies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter