Just back from HH

Jenn

DIS Veteran
Returned on Sunday from 6 nights at HH in a 2 BR.

Room 1722 - nice location, near the boardwalk from the main building, could see the marsh through the trees, room very clean.

Weather - very hot and humid the first couple of days, then period of thunderstorms with other periods of sun for a couple of days, then a couple days of mostly rain - but no thunder or lightening so the pools were still open.

Activities we did - magic show, gyotaku, unbirthday party, pool games, dance party, BBQ, nature collage.

Stuff we wanted to do but didn't get to - renting bikes, campfire, dolphin cruise (had one booked but had to cancel due to the rough ocean related to Katrina hitting the coast of Florida).

Spent the week relaxing, swimming, hanging with family. Celebrated my daughter's 8th birthday which the resort staff went above and beyond to make her feel special - can't say enough about them.

Any questions - just ask!

You are making me home sick Jenn. It sounds like you had a great time.

Have they hired a naturalist yet? And did Chef Gordon have any food events going on?

Hi,

Glad you had a good trip!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Hi - I called today and by some luck (I have no idea how we got this lucky), they had a cancellation and we got in for the weekend at HH. We have a studio for DH, DD and I. We live only 3 short hours away...and have never been there before..and we are so excited! Bottom line is..what should we do in the short time we will be there? Or, should we just relax and hang by the pool? We arrive on Thursday and leave on Saturday. It's a short trip, I know, but too hard to pass up...only 35 points!

Thanks for any advice you can give.

They have hired a new naturalist - her name is Suzanne and she is very friendly - looks like she is right out of college. We did an "Owl Talk" with her (forgot to mention that above) where we learned about owls and disected an owl pellet (which is owl throw up to be blunt). Sounds gross but it was actually very interesting.

Also did the nature collage with her - my 4 year old went on a hunt for cool things in nature and glued them to foam board.

Chef Gordon was there - saw him in the store and he did the resort tour, but no chef programs were offered last week. Too bad, cause they sounded interesting.

iloveusa - when you check in they will give you an activities list - relaxing is great but they do offer some fun activities too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter