Just back from HRH Club

lUVTOGO

Born To Run
Just got back yesterday from our12 day trip to Orlando! We spent 4 nights at the HRH and 1 night at Portofino. We were on the 7th floor in a deluxe room. I didn't know we had a deluxe room until I saw another room that was being serviced and realized how much smaller it was. We loved the Hotel!!! Our room was clean, and the Hotel staff was friendly and accomodating! The club level was nice, the snacks and drinks between 5 and 7 were o.k. The sweets at 8:30 to 10 p.m. were oreos, chips ahoy and brownies. I think they can improve somewhat in this area. You can grab water bottles and cokes at any time, but they are not cold. They do provide ice and cups. The kids liked the lounge. We also rented a cabana one day, but of course it was rainy and cold that day. My husband ended up watching football that day, then we all had drinks and wine that evening waiting for the dive-in-movie.Needless to say the movie was also cancelled because of the weather. But it didn't stop the kids from swimminmg. Our friends were at the Portofino, and they ended up in our pool every night, because theirs was dead. A much older crowd was staying there and a lot of conventions/meetings going on. We did stay in the Portofino the last night because our friends got us a great rate in the kid suite for the last night. The kids suite was very nice, but the whole atmosphere of the Portofino in my opinion is very quiet and laid back:smooth: We had a great time and will stay at the HRH agin. It was noisy at times, but a nice noise, a fun time!

I am getting so excited for our trip. we will be at the HRH in March and can't wait!! Did you try any good restaurants??? Which parks did you go to? which were the favorite rides?? what did you do at night?

Thanks for the info on the HRHl. I am trying to see if it is worth spending the extra money on Club level. We are a family of four so I was thinking that with the cont. breakfast, pop, water, etc. that it would be worth the additional cost. I don't think we will really be in the room enough for that to be a consideration, but being able to take water, and have breakfast provided might just save us money. Any opionions? What did the breakfast consist of? Thanks so much

Thanks for posting. We'll be at the HRH in late February and I've been trying to justify spending the extra $$ on our club level room.

From your post, it sounded like it was worth it.

Glad you had a great time. :D

For breakfast there is coffee, tea,fresh fruit, ( my daughter ate her weight in strawberries) dunkin donuts, bagels, toast, little muffins. My husband took advantage of the Bud lights at 5. They also have Berringer wine, Heinekins, and soda. It is hard to say if it's worth it, I think it was much more convenient for us, we had breakfast so we saved money there, it saved money on the cabana, and we did enjoy the snacks at 5. And my husband thought that they did this on every floor.:rolleyes:

We also ate at Mama Dells in the Portofino twice, at the pool they have food, and City Walk is just a boat ride away and they have tons of restaurants. We ate at Margaritaville, and they have the best frozen margaritias, 2 for 1 between 2 and 5 I think. It was a fun place.

We did both parks with the 5 day pass. My kids like the Hulk(only 1 was tall enough) and I almost lost it on Spiderman!!That was the first and last ride for that day. We saw the Makeup Horror show(funny). We usually swam at night. I never got to the Ghostbusters show. I found Islands of Adventure has to many games that cost extra, kind of like a boardwalk. It didn't impress us. (Just my opinion) I would have liked to try more restaurants at City Walk, the Beer Fest was going on and I felt to old to dodge the crowds, and it was mobbed!!

Thanks for posting I know what u mean about the games but AK at Disney is the same and I found for a couple of bucks at IOA the kids got a souveneir win or lose :jester:

Leaving in a few week for HRH. Booked a Deluxe Room and wondering if the Deluxe room at Club Level will sleep 5. Did it have a sofa bed besides the two queen size beds? Thanks.

I know this is an aside, but since both LUVTOGO and Highlander447 mentioned games, I thought I would mention our strategy. We tell our son he may spend X dollars per day at the parks (usually $5-10 depending on his behavior the day before). He can spend that however he wants, but once it is gone, it is gone. He knows that DH and I are not cash faucets and if all of his money is spent on games by 10AM...that was his chioce. Of course we provide all of his meals and buy him souvenirs here and there but we do not have to listen to the constant "Can I have $5?...Can I have a dollar?...I want to play another game!...would you buy me this?..." that we used to hear before we worked out this system. He has gotten good at saving his money for the things he really wants to do, and even sometimes saves money from one day to the next so he can buy something which costs more than his daily allowance.

Totally agree thats what we do with our kids as well IMGONNABE40! only we give the an amount for total holiday
:jester:

Just curious Highlander447, how do your kids do with the change in currency? When I am out of the US I have some difficulty getting used to not only the currency, but also recognizing the actual cost of items and meals with the exchange rate in mind.

IMGONNABE40! we just leave it to them they are only 10 and 12 so they treat it as $1 = £1 but if they want to convert we always use the rule £1=$1.50
:jester:

Originally posted by oshun
Leaving in a few week for HRH. Booked a Deluxe Room and wondering if the Deluxe room at Club Level will sleep 5. Did it have a sofa bed besides the two queen size beds? Thanks.

Yes, it did have a pull out sofa!

No Ghostbusters Show?!?!?! :faint:

If I ever meet you at the parks, I'm dragging you to one!!!:tongue:

Originally posted by Flyfly_Eclipse
No Ghostbusters Show?!?!?! :faint:

If I ever meet you at the parks, I'm dragging you to one!!!:tongue:

Hi Clare,

I was waiting for you to discover that I never got to see a show!! I did see a little from in front of twister if that counts, and I saw the street show! It was hard to do what I wanted to with a group of 10. Some liked rides, some wanted to look for Happy Hour, some times we stood in front of the rides waiting to see who wanted to ride this ride or that ride!!! The weather wasn't very nice Sunday and Monday, so we ended up cutting some things short! Next Time!!!!

Yeah, the weather on Sunday and Monday was terrible!!! I was there though, at every show!!! Saturday through Tuesday! If you saw the neon seat cushion off in the distance, it was me!! Too bad...you could have said "hi!" :( Since you saw one of the shows off in the distance...you were THAT close to me! :eek: and still, we didn't get to meet! Shucks! I understand about the large group though...that's why I don't go with a lot of people, usually. Largest group I've been with was about 9 people, myself included. We all split up though. My mom and one of her sisters and her mom went to Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue, my dad, 2 other aunts, one aunt's boyfriend, and an uncle went to IOA. Where was I? Well, you know! :teeth: It worked out though. We did some thigns together and some things seperately. We were there as a group for only one day though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter