• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from my first solo trip

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
I am so glad that I made this trip. I really enjoyed being able to do things at my own pace and see what I wanted to see without having someone complain.
I stayed at the POR, a very nice resort, I would stay there again. I ate a few sit down meals, The Plaza at MK, the Brown Derby, Boatwrights, Rose and Crown and I had the tea at the GF. I was always seated quickly, in fact the waiting time at the Plaza was 45 minutes, but since I was by myself I got in right away. The waitress at the GF tea was very nice. Nobody stared at me or made me feel uncomfortable. I did not take a book to read, but I had my note book and I would write my journal while waiting for my food.
Being a single rider at some of the attractions got me to the front of the line a few times as well.
I am going with my family next year, but I enjoyed this trip so much that I am thinking of going alone again in 2005 to see the Flower and Garden Festival.
I want to thank everyone for the tips I got here, it got me prepared and really made it so I did not feel strange being by myself.

I LOVE POR for solo trips. Before we joined DVC last year, it was my "solo resort". Stayed there several times solo. I also got on a boat once in front of many others, because they had room for only one more and I was the only one solo at that time. Good for me, but a lot of dirty looks! Glad you had a good trip.

I'm glad you had an enjoyable solo trip. I wouldn't have thought of doing the Tea solo, but now that you mentioned it, I bet it was very relaxing.

Thanks for sharing about your first solo trip. I want to keep up with regular WDW trips to be exposed to the Magic and I will be heading the solo route soon. I love reading about new solo travelers...keeps my spirits high.

POR is also a favorite of mine for solo trips. I'm glad to hear that your trip was a great one! :)

Helen -

Glad you had a great trip. Be careful, as other tried to warn me, solo becomes addictive.;) Although I have 2 family trips planned in the next 18 months, I am figuring out when I can sneak in my next solo trip as I really loved being alone at Disney

Sandy

LOL Yes, solo can become addictive.... especially when your DH is not as much of a Disney lover as you are. ;)

So glad you had a great time solo! :)

On your SOLO trip!;) Yes, they do become addicting, I will be going SOLO for the 7th time!;) Next trip, you will notice things you never noticed before, and its great to talk to some of the CM's they make you feel so comfortable!;)

I was the biggest scaredy cat when planning my first solo trip. I read a ton of tips and planned and planned. I had the best time!
There are a few times when I wished I had had someone to share a moment with but those were far inbetween. The freedom is the greatest point. I did a character breakfast and got much more attention from Pluto because it was just me. And I had a lovely dinner outside on the porch while ToD was going on at Rose and Crown. I stayed at AS Sports and had the best time. I've since returned from my second solo trip and I, too, am planning on my 3rd.

I had to make a hard decision of never going (because none of my friends could get the vacation time or it was too expensive or why would I go to WDW - it's for just kids) or embracing my fear and going. I am so glad I did that. To anyone sitting on the fence about traveling solo - JUST DO IT!!! You won't regret it!!

Oh I hope my first solo vacation goes as well as yours did. Thanks for sharing.

:cool: Thanks for sharing.
Someday I may want to go solo, but I doubt my older sister would let me! :)
"Montana Minnies"
::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo
:wave:

Originally posted by yecats
Oh I hope my first solo vacation goes as well as yours did. Thanks for sharing.

When will you be going solo, Yecats? I'm planning my first solo trip for February at BWV. I'm gaining confidence from reading these posts!
Kathy in MA

Glad you had such a wonderful trip ~ Thanx for sharing.

::MinnieMo Thank you for sharing your trip report. I am taking my first solo trip for my 45th Birthday in a few weeks and am looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter