Just Back from Oasis Western - 360 degree Pictures

drb116

Mouseketeer
My family and I just got back from our second cruise on the Oasis and 4th cruise on Royal Caribbean. We had a great time and continue to enjoy Royal Caribbean as much as any of our Disney cruises.

Attached are some pictures I took with my Theta S 360 degree camera. It gives you a nice perspective of the boat and some of the activities. I hope you enjoy!

https://round.me/tour/37294/view/

I also have some pictures from Labadee, which is a far cry from Castaway Cay:

https://round.me/tour/37291/view/

Great photos! Thanks for sharing! These make me want to switch from our Fantasy cruise..lol. We're doing DCL this year, but 2017-when son is 7 I'm leaning towards Royal Caribbean bc of their amenities ...we'll see.

Great shots! We LOVED Labadee, however did have 2 water cabanas with AMAZING views and water entry. Our DD11 places our cruise on Oasis and on Fantasy on the same level, as do DH and I- we all loved each cruise in different ways

TFS! The shots were really good and better than a video. What a neat tool to have. My dh has been on several RCL ships and I have been on 1. We enjoyed it but did feel as if we were in a floating Holiday Inn (it was an old ship- Majesty). From you pictures it feels like the Oasis is more of the Hyatt caliber but still seems to have that Hotel feel with a cross between a mall. The night shot of central park or the promenade really had a hotel feel. Did you notice that on your trips? I am not someone who swears by DCL as we have done a Princess we loved but it felt more like a ship and similar to DCL. I want to try RCL again but can't shake that huge hotel feeling. My kids look to be about your boys age (assuming they were with you in the pics)what is the draw to RCL? We have a rock wall at our Gym so that would not really be a big deal. Do they have cool water slides or pools for them? Price is not much less than DCL for our family of 5 unfortunately.

I think the Oasis feel less like a hotel than any other ship because of all the different areas. Sitting in Central Park for breakfast where you hear the birds chirping makes you feel more like you are in a park than at sea. Likewise, playing games or riding the carousel at the Boardwalk is a different feel than other ships. Granted, these are small spaces than walking the boardwalk in New Jersey, but it gives you different experiences on the ship.

My kids like a few of the kids club activities, but they also like rock climbing, the carousel, playing on the boardwalk, watching the dive shows, and especially the pools and splash park. In addition to these, there is also ice skating.

My boys look forward to the days when they will be big enough for the flow rider (52 inches) and the zip line (75 pounds), but right now neither of them qualify for those.

We have done 7 Disney cruises and found that the change is what tends to be most exciting for the kids. If I only went on one cruise, Disney might be best, but after seeing the Golden Mickey's 3 or 4 times, the value kind of wears off. When we looked at this past cruise, 7 nights on the Fantasy was around $8400, but we ended up with 2 rooms on the Oasis for $4300 and got $900 on board credit. At that price difference, the Oasis is a no brainer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter