Just back from SW, DC, Aquatica, Legoland with a stay at Residence Inn Seaworld.

lisagirl88

Mouseketeer
Any questions?????

We were in Orlando from March 2-7. We were a party of 4 (2A, 2C ages 8 and 10). We waited in NO lines at ANY of the parks listed above. We stayed at a quick que hotel for SW and didn't ever need to use the qq passes.

We did one full day and two evenings at SW. A day at DC(no dolphin swim, just the day package). A day at Aquatica and a day at Legoland. We fed the dolphins at SW and had no problem getting in for the first feeding at 9:30(actually we were first in line:) )

Please feel free to ask me any questions!!!!

I have a few question if you don't mind LOL!

How did you get to SW. We are staying at Fairfield, there is a shuttle, but I heard it was best to drive your own car. I was wondering if parking fee is cheaper if you just go in the evening, or if you do half a day at A and half at SW, do you just pay one fee?

Also, my son is 11, how did your 10yr old like LEGOLAND? Did you drive down, or stay near LEGOLAND?

Any tips, we have never been to SW, A, DC or LEGOLAND. Currently we are planning on going to SW, A and BG, but may add DC and/or LEGOLAND, can't decide yet :rolleyes1

Any advice on where to eat? tia

I have a few question if you don't mind LOL!

I don't mind at all!!!!

How did you get to SW. We are staying at Fairfield, there is a shuttle, but I heard it was best to drive your own car. I was wondering if parking fee is cheaper if you just go in the evening, or if you do half a day at A and half at SW, do you just pay one fee?

We took the shuttle in for our full day there and 1 of our evenings and then drove in the other day. The shuttle is on time and had good day hours, but in the evening our shuttle only had two evening pick up times(6:30 and 8:10 and the park closed at 7). It was chilly the days we were there so we didn't want to have to wait for the 8:10 shuttle so we made sure we were out at the shuttle by 6:20).

We did drive to Aquatica and paid $12 for parking and were able to use that parking pass to park at SW for free on the same day. Parking at SW is usually $15.

The parking fee at SW is not cheaper if you only go in the evening.

Also, my son is 11, how did your 10yr old like LEGOLAND? Did you drive down, or stay near LEGOLAND?

My 10 year old loved Legoland and he usually loves all the big thrill rides at other parks so I was afraid he would be bored. We went on everything(some of the rides 2 and 3 times) and were able to see everything we wanted to see during our day. we arrived at 9:30 and stayed until about 5:30. It was a great day!

We had a rental car so we drove to Legoland. It only took us about 45 minutes from SW to get there.

Any tips, we have never been to SW, A, DC or LEGOLAND. Currently we are planning on going to SW, A and BG, but may add DC and/or LEGOLAND, can't decide yet :rolleyes1

This was our first time at all the parks too!! Honestly my kids probably would say they liked Legoland the best, than DC, than SW than Aquatica. It was on the chillier side for our trip so they were cold when they were out of the water at A so that may have led to them not liking it as well. My 8 year old was not tall enough to ride Manta or Kraken so he was disappointed about that. Overall, I think 1 1/2 days was plenty at SW. However, keep in mind that we didn't have to wait in ANY lines. That was awesome!! We have a BG closer to home so that is why we opted not to do that.

Any advice on where to eat? tia

We were in a suite so if we ate a big lunch/dinner in the parks we usually waited to eat a smaller dinner from the hotel restaurant or made sandwiches. We were typically back to the room by 7 so we didn't really eat any dinners in the parks at all. At DC you eat so much during the day that we just ate sandwiches for dinner. We are not big "foodies" so hopefully someone else can answer this question better:)

Please feel free to ask any more questions! Have a great trip!

So you were at Legoland for about 8 hours? Did you do the waterpark too? My kids are a bit older, but totally Lego freaks, so ain't nothing gonna be skipped, I think...

Coastgirl- The waterpark at Legoland was not open last week so we didn't do that. We did everything else in the park(except duplo villiage) at least once and some of it we did many times. We saw the ski show and watched one of the 3D movies. We took our time in miniland, looking at everything and it was a pretty relaxing day. I think you will really enjoy it.

lizzygreen- The ski show was good, but not great IMO. It was also a little chilly when we were there and with the wind coming off of the water we were freezing during the show so I don't know if that affected my overall experience:) Sit in the middle because we sat on the far right side to try to be in the sun and we couldn't see some of the ski jumps from our seats.

Thanks for this post. We leave on the 18th and are planning to do everything you listed and possibly universal as well. My kids are 6 and 12 and both have always loved Legos so we are super excited to take them there. Tey have no idea we are going and we're planning to surprise them the might before. We are scheduled to do DC without the dolphin swim on the 21st. You mentioned your younger one was disappointed about nit being able to ride the two bigger roller coasters at SW. Do you feel that took away from the time there? My 6 year old wont be able to ride but I know my daughter and I will want to. I was considering just going to SW for a few hours one day with just her to do the coasters and skip them in the day we all go so he didn't really notice that he was missing out. Anything else you can recommend at SW? I haven't been to a SW Park since there was one in Ohio. Did you also have ride height issues at Aquatica? I noticed that the dolphin plunge ride is going to be a no-go for my son. I'm hoping that wont be too much of a bummer for him.

lisagirl88 said:
Any questions?????

We were in Orlando from March 2-7. We were a party of 4 (2A, 2C ages 8 and 10). We waited in NO lines at ANY of the parks listed above. We stayed at a quick que hotel for SW and didn't ever need to use the qq passes.

We did one full day and two evenings at SW. A day at DC(no dolphin swim, just the day package). A day at Aquatica and a day at Legoland. We fed the dolphins at SW and had no problem getting in for the first feeding at 9:30(actually we were first in line:) )

Please feel free to ask me any questions!!!!

Thank you for the report! I would love a revue if the Residence Inn- I rcrntly just booked a 2 queen suite there for our May stay. Do you know if RI I gives out the quick queue bonds the night enforce or only n the morning, and can oh get he ands on the day you cek out? TIA!

We stayed at the Fairfield inn and took the shuttle with no problem. The front desk will give you a shuttle schedule. We took the first shuttle and arrived at the gate before the park opened.

Thank you for the report! I would love a revue if the Residence Inn- I rcrntly just booked a 2 queen suite there for our May stay. Do you know if RI I gives out the quick queue bonds the night enforce or only n the morning, and can oh get he ands on the day you cek out? TIA!

I am not the OP, but we stayed at the Residence Inn SeaWorld over Christmas. If you click on the link on my signature, it will take you to my trip report where there's tons of photos of the Residence Inn room, common areas, pool, courtyard, etc.

We were able to get our Quick Queue vouchers for the following day the day prior (as early as 7:15 a.m.). You can also get them same-day if they still have quantities available.

Thank you for this thread :) I am just starting to plan our vacation for May/2014. I am hoping to be able to do SW, DC, Legoland and Universal. Are there any packages that I should be looking at? We are looking at the 2nd week of May since that is what we did in May/2010 for Disney and waited in NO lines :)
I need some advice on where to start planning :)

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
I am not the OP, but we stayed at the Residence Inn SeaWorld over Christmas. If you click on the link on my signature, it will take you to my trip report where there's tons of photos of the Residence Inn room, common areas, pool, courtyard, etc.

We were able to get our Quick Queue vouchers for the following day the day prior (as early as 7:15 a.m.). You can also get them same-day if they still have quantities available.

I just read your trip report , I had to read the whole thing though i should be aslep.it was fabulous! The pictures and descriptions you've given for places most of us have been undecided about visiting are so helpful - thank you!

I just read your trip report , I had to read the whole thing though i should be aslep.it was fabulous! The pictures and descriptions you've given for places most of us have been undecided about visiting are so helpful - thank you!

You are very welcome! :thumbsup2 Glad you found it helpful! :goodvibes

Thank you for this thread :) I am just starting to plan our vacation for May/2014. I am hoping to be able to do SW, DC, Legoland and Universal. Are there any packages that I should be looking at? We are looking at the 2nd week of May since that is what we did in May/2010 for Disney and waited in NO lines :)

Personally, I would do a split stay for your trip, with a portion at a Universal onsite hotel (for your Universal days) and a portion at a SW onsite hotel (for your SW/DC days). This way you get the onsite benefits (Express Pass & Quick Queue, park transportation, etc.) for each.

By purchasing your DC admission, you will automatically get 14 days of SeaWorld and Aquatica admission at no additional charge. So you may want to include a waterpark day in there as well (Aquatica is awesome!).

Both Universal and SW hotels usually have a AAA rate, which can save you a nice little bit over the course of a week. Be sure to check that when securing your accomodations. SW in particular has a lot of different hotel options depending on whether you want suite accomodations, separate bedrooms, a villa with a washer and dryer, etc. SW packages can be a very good deal but won't come with DC admission (that will have to be purchased separately).

Undercover Tourist offers a good rate on Universal tickets. Compare a Universal hotel and tickets package with a separate hotel reservation with UT tickets to see which one comes out best.

I agree with Gina. 2 years ago, we did a non Disney vacation. With my DC tickets, I got 14 days at SW, BGT, and Aquadica. With my DC package, I also bought the 14 day parking pass, for about 25 or 30 dollars. Very handy. We stayed 4 nights in USO, loved staying on site, we stayed at the Portofino. Check the hotel website or call the hotel. The on site hotels are good at telling you the discounts available. Three nights or more are generally discounted. The hotel is also good with changing to a better rate if you find it. (Last year, we stayed at the Royal Pacific, and I changed from a stay more, save more rate to an AP rate. You can always use the promo code APH to see if there is any AP rates available. For me, it was cost beneficial to get 1 AP for the discounts.)

For both trips, we had three day passes from Undercovertourist.com. (though now my work has cheaper tickets). Two years ago, we then spent 9 days at the Fairfield next to SW. 2 days at SW, 2 days at Aquadica, 2 days at BGT, and one day we did the go carts and mini golf, mall shopping and had a just rest kinda day.

Legoland is the most south, if you are not going to BGT. USO is closer to Legoland than SW/Aquadica. Legoland wasn't built when we did our non Disney trip.

Have a great time! We love USO and the Busch parks.

Thank you for the great info :hug:
So we are going to skip legoland and go with what you guys recommended; 3 days @ Universal and then 2 days @ SW & DC
I checked into DC tickets and almost had a heart attach :scared:
It says its an extra $20/ticket to include SW, did you have to pay that?
And thank for the undercovertourist, great prices!
And which onsite hotels would you recommend, keeping budget in mind?
Thank you

Thank you for the great info :hug:
So we are going to skip legoland and go with what you guys recommended; 3 days @ Universal and then 2 days @ SW & DC
I checked into DC tickets and almost had a heart attach :scared:
It says its an extra $20/ticket to include SW, did you have to pay that?
And thank for the undercovertourist, great prices!
And which onsite hotels would you recommend, keeping budget in mind?
Thank you

Not sure where you are looking on DC's website. When you get to the confirmation section, you will see, your DC ticket price includes unlimited entry to both SW and Aquadica for 14 days. If you want to add BGT, you can do the "ultimate" package for $20 more, and then besides SW, Aquadica, you then get 14 days at BGT too. So, no you have no extra cost for your SW visits if you get the DC ticket. You can go to SW or Aquadica before and after your DC day.

For hotel prices, I would keep looking at the neigbor hotels. They offer the free quick que from the expedia desk inside the hotel. Most of the time, you can get the free que passes the night before the day of use. Otherwise, I think the desk opens around 7am. They can be "sold" out, but I am not sure I have seen that, maybe around very busy holiday or other busy time. I liked the Fairfield at Seaworld (make sure you pick that one, as there are other Fairfields along International Drive). Gina liked the Residence Inn at SW.

You can see the neighbor hotels here: http://www.discoverycove.com/Plan/L...=discovery cove&__utmv=-&__utmk=110825733#ohp. Try the websites of the hotels, and expedia, etc. for pricing.

Back when I had the package with DC, I could pick the parks I wanted as only 1 was included without extra cost, so I chose my included DC park as BGT, and I booked a SW package with SW and Aquadica tickets with hotel and a day of free dining at both Aquadica and SW. So, I can't tell you what I paid at the Fairfield.

I would think the Fairfield (a Mariott hotel chain if you have a Mariott card to earn stay points) would most likely be the cheapest. It does have free parking, free breakfast bar, and is very close to DC, SW and Aquadica. Aquadica is a short drive down International Drive, and SW and DC are around the corner on the Parkway. Both a 5 or 6 minute drive.

If you can afford it, I would stay at one of the on site USO hotels. None are run by USO, so go right to the hotel to get pricing. Parking at the hotels is $18 plus tax, but charged at midnight, so 2 nights woudl be 2 days parking, as long as you left before midnight the day you check out. You can always store your bags at the hotel if not leaving until late. The cheapest of the three, though you have to check, is the Royal Pacific. Sometimes a room at the Portofino or Hard Rock can be slightly cheaper. All the hotels are nice. All give unlimited express pass and early Potterland entry. If you cannot swing the price of the on site hotels, look at the partner hotels. Some have free parking and free shuttles, and will give you early entry, but no unlimited express pass. You can buy a one time each express pass when you are in the parks, if you want to lessen wait time at most, but not all (In IOA, Forbidden Journey (the most popular Potterland ride) and the Flyers (which have a little kid requirement and have a really long, hot line) and Rip Red Rocket, the big coaster in US. Be careful buying the express pass, it is date and park specific and not refundable. Generally, the lower the cost of the express pass, the less crowds the parks expect. As such, sometimes the express pass purchase price does change, as expectations sometimes change. Most of us on the DIS recommend waiting to see what the lines are like before buying, but if you think good price, then might as well buy if you want the pass.

Sorry, so long! You are going to have a great time. My DD11 still talks about her meeting with Dash, the dolphin at DC. Funny fact, Dash has had several offspring, one of her offspring is named Dot.

Thank you Lynne! I really like the early admittance into Harry Potter but is that only available through certain hotels? A lot of the onsite hotels are wicked expensive. And I'm trying to see from the maps, but which hotels are within walking distance to SW & DC? We don't plan on having a car.
Another idea is to stay at the Residence Inn @ Seaworld for the 5 days which is WAY cheaper. Then we can use my grandfather's car...but we would still have to pay for parking right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter