Just back from the cabins -- questions welcome

dgaston

Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies tshirt"
We just returned from a week's stay in the cabins. I will work on a trip report, but will be happy to answer any questions about our experience staying in the cabins. We were in the 2100 loop; couldn't wait for the 2500 cabin to be ready and gladly checked into ours at 10 am. I did some cooking in the kitchen and can answer questions about that too. Transportation was fine. MK opened at 8:00 am and boats were running from 7:30. Boone and Crockett buses were regular--no long waits. A Boone driver even let me off near the loop rather than having me ride longer to the official stop.

Six of us adult-sized people have plans to stay in one of the cabins next summer. I've been having second thoughts about going because of the space issue. Do you think there is enough room? Did you like the 2100 loop? My sis who is planning this thing said she liked the looks of that location and might request it. Thanks for any info you can provide.:)

The bedroom of the cabin consists of one double bed, and two bunk beds. The murphy bed pulls down in the living room area. At least some of the people would have to be willing to sleep in cozy ways. At home my 6'2" DH is used to a queen size bed, but we did all right with the murphy bed. We liked the separation from our kids, two of whom are adults. The 13 year old slept on the top bunk, and loved it!

I forgot to talk about the loop. We found it convenient. I did laundry once at the quiet pool, and later realized there was a path to the 1100 loop where I also could have done laundry. We liked the deck, transportation was okay. We have camped with our tent and pop-up in the 2000 loop several times, so knew what this area of the campground is like. We know how to navigate throught the group camping area over the bridge to the Meadows area. Our only problem (?) were the squirrels eating the whole bag of apples we left on the porch!

With 6 adults, I'd wonder about 2 things staying in the cabin.

1 - will 1 bathroom be adequate? The bathroom itself was large enough (physically), but would 1 toilet/shower be enough for 6 adults?

2 - adequate storage space for your clothes? In the cabin we just had, there were 4 (or 5) drawers in the bedroom, along with 2 small ones in the nightstand between the beds. How has anyone that has stayed there with 6 managed?

We stayed in the 2500 loop which put us near the pool, the laundry and a bus stop, which was great for us.

on the bright side, my DW and I loved our stay in the cabin and have already booked another week in Nov, 2002.

Hope this helps.

Storage is tight. There is some closet space where the ironing board and iron are also housed. We put a suitcase on top of an area with a mirror to the left of the cabin. There is a bit of storage underneath the tv/vcr. Also limited open space shelving in the living area to the left of murphy bed, and cabinets to the right where the phone book is stored. I also put some jackets in the narrow closet where the portacrib is stored in the hallway. My kids generally left a mess in the bedroom. Neater people would probably put their suitcases underneath the double bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter