Just Back from the Dream. Any questions?

TestingH2O

DIS Veteran
Completed a 4 Night in a Cat T. I'll be writing a trip report, but I have to get caught up at work first.

Traveling party: DD3, my mom & dad, and myself.
Captain: Thord
Cruise Director: Trent
Assisstant Cruise Director: Anthony
Club Host: Anthony
Concierge Team: Danny, Tracey, Angelique

Dining Rotations: 1233
Server: Saminskhdfakjds (I feel awful that I didn't take a photo of our tip sheet this time)
Assistant Server: Coryse
Head Server: Mavis Joyce

Room: 12524
Room Hose: Suzanah

Pre-Cruise Hotel: Homewood Suites MCO
Transportation: DCL Transfers

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Questions:

What time was the Pirate Party, and how did that work as far as dining/food, show and fireworks?

Did you do any excursions at Nassau or CC?

Best area to stand to see the Sail Away party with a toddler in a stroller?

Questions:

What time was the Pirate Party, and how did that work as far as dining/food, show and fireworks?

Did you do any excursions at Nassau or CC?

Best area to stand to see the Sail Away party with a toddler in a stroller?
The Mickey pirare show was at 7:30/7:45. Right after first dinner.

The late pirate show, which I know would have scared my daughter, started st 10:30. There were plenty of young kids there though, so just know your kid. Fireworks started around 10:50. I think the best spot for a family would be sitting on the ledge very far aft on the pool deck. That way you can sit while you wait and still see the fireworks really well off the starboard side. The show is projected on a screen, so you'll be able to watch easily.

We stayed on the ship in Nassau and spent the day swimming and sliding. I happened to be port side this time though and saw lots of stuff close by if you just wanted to get off for a bit.

We like to watch Sail Away from the deck 12 railing about 3 sections of railing past the staircase. We've always been port side, but the view would be equally good on the other side.

Thank You! Yikes, the fireworks are awfully late. We have 3 young kids that I don't think will make it :guilty:

Thank You! Yikes, the fireworks are awfully late. We have 3 young kids that I don't think will make it :guilty:
If you get a room starboard side, you can see the fireworks while your kids are sound asleep in bed. We did last year. I watched the fireworks from our verandah.

If you get a room starboard side, you can see the fireworks while your kids are sound asleep in bed. We did last year. I watched the fireworks from our verandah.
This is what we all did last year and my parents did this year. I was curious rose the whole show, so I opted to go on deck this time.

They will send you a note saying not to go out during the show, but it's not enforced.

We have an Inside Stateroom (Cheapest), but maybe my in laws will watch the kids, we have a connecting room :)

We're sailing concierge for the first time on our upcoming cruise. Can't wait! What's been the best part about concierge for you and your family? It'll be my wife and I, along with our 20 month old daughter. Just wondering how it'll be for us.

• The pre cruise services like answering questions, making special room requests, booking meet and greets, cabanas, etc.
  • Very limited lines. Never a need to go to guest services, Shutters, or future cruise booking.
  • The concierge lounge. Great coffe, always a friendly face to answer questions, and a nice quiet place to hang out. Also twice daily happy hours.

Which days did you cruise and what was the schedule like for those days? For instance we sail Sunday through Friday and I can't wait to find out which day is Formal Day and which is Pirate Day. We are a ways out yet though so I have to be patient. :bored::hourglass

Tell us about the updated sundeck. Satilite falls?

Which days did you cruise and what was the schedule like for those days? For instance we sail Sunday through Friday and I can't wait to find out which day is Formal Day and which is Pirate Day. We are a ways out yet though so I have to be patient. :bored::hourglass
I've never done a 3 day, so I'm not sure what they do for that.

Have you looked at the Disney cruise line blog? There are lots of navigators posted from various cruises.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

Tell us about the updated sundeck. Satilite falls?
The sun deck is lovely. Most of it is now covered but the Enders are still in the sun. The hot tub is a great treat. I don't remember there being flavored water up there during the day before but it was quite refreshing this time.

I spent more time at satellite falls. That was so peaceful and relaxing. There were waiters wandering to offer drinks while you lounged. I much preferred this atmosphere to the Quiet Cove pool. The view was also a treat. image.jpeg

When you went through port canaveral security, what did you show them that constituted a ticket?

Nothing. We came in on the DCL bus, so they looked at our spiral notebook. I would assume that's what you would need to get in the parking garage too.

Hey there, fellow cruiser! We really enjoyed meeting you and your family and especially enjoyed that tequila tasting (well, I did, my sister not so much, lol). Say hi to Mom and Dad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter