Just back from tokyo!!!

nycdisneygal

I went ahead and signed up for another kid!
Back from 4 days at Disney Tokyo and 6 days in Tokyo. Have been trying to get to Disney Tokyo for over 8 years! We are former WDW AP holders. Have been to DL California several times and Disneyland Paris once.
We LOVED Disney Tokyo. Disney sea was beautiful. Loved the Soarin' theme. We got to eat at Magellans!! Was beautiful but the food was just ok compared to some meals I have had at WDW including Victoria and Albert's. Did Teddy Roosevelt lounge which I was longing to do. It was beautiful and the food was very good but there were no menu choices! Just one entree ! Found some very yummy snacks! SOme faves were Mickey chicken bun and soy and butter popcorn!
We felt the crowds to be more manageable compared to WDW. Also we had booked the vacation package so that helped! It was nice to have 3 "premier passes" per day already booked. We did end up paying for splash mountain pass and then we wanted to do Beauty and the beast a 2nd time so did that. For our package we did 2 nights at Miracosta porto paradiso side piazza view. We could see enough of the Believe night show to keep us happy. Which was great since we had landed at 5 am and gone straight to Disney so watching Believe in our pajamas was perfect!! Then we did 1 night at Disneyland hotel. Actually preferred that hotel. We had a beauty and the beast room and a them park view room. View was gorgeous but fireworks were cancelled.
Disneyland was very nice and pretty. Like the castle walkthrough. Jungle cruise was closed. Its a small world was soo cute! Of course winnie the pooh was great. ANd was happy to see Snow white's scary adventures again! We luckily got on Peter pan with very little wait one evening.

After disney we headed to tokyo by train. FYI you can get the suica card with your name on it at Mahaima station.
I dont think I can do a full trip report but ask questions if you want!! I will be super busy with work now that I am back! Gotta pay for this trip! And whatever the next one will be!

Are you from NY??? I am and I was wondering what airline you flew? How was the loong flight? Any tips ??

Are you from NY??? I am and I was wondering what airline you flew? How was the loong flight? Any tips ??
We took Japan airlines from JFK. 14 hour direct!! Would recommend them. We did prem econ and then business on way back. Prem econ to be honest was great and i dont think we needed business. Their econ is very good and roomy too!!! We really wanted ANA (which I think was from newark) but they were more expensive at the time. We looked into Delta as we have delta CC and status however its not direct. United has a direct flight too from EWR. My husband did it for work on wya to phillipines. My advice is to book an Asian airline as they are much better service and comfort on these long hauls.

We took Japan airlines from JFK. 14 hour direct!! Would recommend them. We did prem econ and then business on way back. Prem econ to be honest was great and i dont think we needed business. Their econ is very good and roomy too!!! We really wanted ANA (which I think was from newark) but they were more expensive at the time. We looked into Delta as we have delta CC and status however its not direct. United has a direct flight too from EWR. My husband did it for work on wya to phillipines. My advice is to book an Asian airline as they are much better service and comfort on these long hauls.

Did you have lounge access for the Premium Economy flight from JFK?
My understanding is that JAL Premium Economy is supposed to get Sakura lounge access but since JFK doesn't have a Sakura lounge, were you allowed into a partner airline lounge?

Did you have lounge access for the Premium Economy flight from JFK?
My understanding is that JAL Premium Economy is supposed to get Sakura lounge access but since JFK doesn't have a Sakura lounge, were you allowed into a partner airline lounge?
yes we got partner lounge access at jfk.

Thanks EWR is too far for us. We are on the Island. I was thinking of either Japan Airlines or ANA, good to know their premium economy is good. Just flew Singapore to Germany and their Premium Economy was great.

How difficult was it for you to get a TDR reservation?? I'm confused about when to call or try online for a reservation. Given the time difference, what time of day do you call?? Can you give me an example of when you called and what date you were looking for? TIA

How difficult was it for you to get a TDR reservation?? I'm confused about when to call or try online for a reservation. Given the time difference, what time of day do you call?? Can you give me an example of when you called and what date you were looking for? TIA
you do it online. Dining I think opens at 11 am their time 30 days prior but hotel is 90 days prior but cant rememeber what time. you can google that. Packages open up blocks at a time so keep checking. That I had to get up at 2 am to book! Luckily I was off of work the next day. TDR explorer has a lot of info and updates.

Thanks EWR is too far for us. We are on the Island. I was thinking of either Japan Airlines or ANA, good to know their premium economy is good. Just flew Singapore to Germany and their Premium Economy was great.
singapore is one of best airlines!!!

I just booked on the Tokyo Disney website for my trip that begins 10/8. Booking opens at 11:00 am Tokyo time, which was 10:00 pm for me. You need to be logged on and ready to go right at 11:00 am. Rooms that showed as available were gone by the time I clicked on the select button. All that was left by 11:09 was The Celebration Hotel. I really wanted the Disneyland Hotel but I am thankful that I got something.

I just booked on the Tokyo Disney website for my trip that begins 10/8. Booking opens at 11:00 am Tokyo time, which was 10:00 pm for me. You need to be logged on and ready to go right at 11:00 am. Rooms that showed as available were gone by the time I clicked on the select button. All that was left by 11:09 was The Celebration Hotel. I really wanted the Disneyland Hotel but I am thankful that I got something.
Wow, that is so intense. We are visiting Monday (!!) and were able to get 2 nights at Miracosta less than 75 days out. Keep checking back because there were a few room options at each park adjacent hotel. I think people book and then drop later after looking at the cost of flights to Asia for 2+ people!

@nycdisneygal
1. had they started the free standby access yet when you were there? I see it in the app but you can’t actually see if it works or return items…
2. Do you know how quickly the paid fast passes sold out? Can you buy a bunch as soon as you enter the park? Our absolute priorities are the new Beauty & the Beast Ride, journey to the center of the earth (we’ve been to TDR 2x before and it’s been closed both times!) and the night shows.
3. If you did priority paid seating for the night shows/parades, how early did you need to show up to get good seats? At both DL and WDW, you need to return like 30-60m before stated return times.
4. Any shows you felt were particularly amazing?

Wow, that is so intense. We are visiting Monday (!!) and were able to get 2 nights at Miracosta less than 75 days out. Keep checking back because there were a few room options at each park adjacent hotel. I think people book and then drop later after looking at the cost of flights to Asia for 2+ people!
I actually tried again later in the evening, just for the fun of it, the Ambassador Hotel was available so I booked that and canceled the Celebration Hotel. I am going to keep trying every once in awhile and maybe the Disneyland Hotel will come up.

Sorry for another question but were you able to use your credit card to make the reservation?? I have a Disney Visa as well as other credit cards. I was just worried about using my " American" credit card on a Japanese website , if it would work. Is it a problem???

Sorry for another question but were you able to use your credit card to make the reservation?? I have a Disney Visa as well as other credit cards. I was just worried about using my " American" credit card on a Japanese website , if it would work. Is it a problem???
had no issues with my VIsa. Had my mastercard and amex ready in case :)

@nycdisneygal
1. had they started the free standby access yet when you were there? I see it in the app but you can’t actually see if it works or return items…
2. Do you know how quickly the paid fast passes sold out? Can you buy a bunch as soon as you enter the park? Our absolute priorities are the new Beauty & the Beast Ride, journey to the center of the earth (we’ve been to TDR 2x before and it’s been closed both times!) and the night shows.
3. If you did priority paid seating for the night shows/parades, how early did you need to show up to get good seats? At both DL and WDW, you need to return like 30-60m before stated return times.
4. Any shows you felt were particularly amazing?
No did not see free standby available. We did "book" tme for the Mickeys big band show with a time and seat given (free). We did not do priority for the shows or parades as we were just too tired for that. We saw believe sea of dreams from our room at Miracosta. It was great!!!
We easily got premier pass. For Beauty and the beast we entered park and ended up gettig for 9 am! All times were available. for splash we decided mid morning to do it and had tons of availability.

No did not see free standby available. We did "book" tme for the Mickeys big band show with a time and seat given (free). We did not do priority for the shows or parades as we were just too tired for that. We saw believe sea of dreams from our room at Miracosta. It was great!!!
We easily got premier pass. For Beauty and the beast we entered park and ended up gettig for 9 am! All times were available. for splash we decided mid morning to do it and had tons of availability.

How is the splash on splash? The summer "big splash" I forget what they call it ends in between my two DL days. I'd rather not get wet so I'm leaning towards riding it my 2nd day so it's not the big splash.

How is the splash on splash? The summer "big splash" I forget what they call it ends in between my two DL days. I'd rather not get wet so I'm leaning towards riding it my 2nd day so it's not the big splash.
barely got wet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter