Just back from WDW and heard...

This would be so exciting. That is the one thing that I love about Disney - just when you think you have seen it all.....

And that's the one thing my husband hates ;) $$$

WDW bus drivers seem to enjoy being part of a culture of mis-information. I think they get a kick out of telling tall tales, only to have folks run to their computer and post it on a Disney forum as possible truth because "a CM said it!".

I'm not saying none of these will ever happen, but I'd take anything you hear from CM's, and especially bus drivers, with a grain of salt.

This is perhaps the most accurate description of the "busdriver conundrum" i've ever heard.

Well done, sir (or madam)...

This also brings me to my first point "Cast Members know nothing!!!" never did, never will...
because they punch a clock in WDW...that in no way means they are privy to anything. New developments are for the markets and investors first, then they are for the marketing/ sales department next, then they are for the upper management next, then the repeat customers, and on and on...

Somewhere down near #28...after the gators that they fish out of the locks...the entry management and rank and files are told.

there can be exceptions...if they are doing planning/ construction work that they can't hide effectively from all the nametags - they'll mitigate the damage and try to tell who they need to...but that is rare.
That is the way of things...believe no one who works there...

Unless they were an poorly tailored $6,000 suit and walk up to you and say "Hi, my name is Bob and i'm the CEO of the walt disney company"

then...maybe...you give the benefit of the doubt.
But even then i probably wouldn't.

I would be so upset if they replaced Fantasmic with WoC....:sad1: Though cars land would be really cool since the Lights Camera Action show is getting old. Though they replaced Herbie with Lightning McQueen so maybe they were testing the crowd reaction to him in the show before they replaced it? :idea:

Is it just me that thinks Carsland should stay in California? I only say this because the film is set in California so I think it's perfect there and really shouldn't come to Orlando.....

Ya know....

With today's Lucasfilm announcement, I'm starting to wonder if all the prep work and rumors of SOMETHING replacing the remnants of the Backstage Tour and the Stunt show theater could in fact be from a potential Star Wars expansion within MGM.

Disney has said many times that Carsland is NOT coming to Florida for a number of reasons (Supposed to help pull guests to California to help that resort's efforts to become a Destination resort, Similarities between Test Track and Radiator Springs Racers, etc)....... But people have been asking for a Star Wars Land for awhile now with the primary reason people believed it wasn't happening being Lucas' lack of interest and/or being too demanding. As that's no longer a factor......

:confused3

DCTooTall said:
Ya know....

With today's Lucasfilm announcement, I'm starting to wonder if all the prep work and rumors of SOMETHING replacing the remnants of the Backstage Tour and the Stunt show theater could in fact be from a potential Star Wars expansion within MGM.

Disney has said many times that Carsland is NOT coming to Florida for a number of reasons (Supposed to help pull guests to California to help that resort's efforts to become a Destination resort, Similarities between Test Track and Radiator Springs Racers, etc)....... But people have been asking for a Star Wars Land for awhile now with the primary reason people believed it wasn't happening being Lucas' lack of interest and/or being too demanding. As that's no longer a factor......

I said the exact same thing today.. in fact, I said it in June when I was there.. in a 'wishful but oh well' kinda way. "Disney should build a 'Star Wars land' over in the backlot area.. that'd be a good use of the space.. oh well."

Hmm..

Ya know....

That is what I am thinking also. If you keep putting the same things in both states then it opulls from people that go to DL to see it. If you build something diferent in DHS then you have now made to new things people really want to see. Cars land in CA and Star Wars in DHS. To me thats the way to make money.

I couldn't really see World of Color working where Fantasmic is. As many of you have probably figured out if you've seen WoC, it's pretty pointless to watch it unless you're on a raised surface or right up against the water. If not, you can't see a thing. The show is spectacular if you ARE right by the water, though. It's amazing... but seeing it from a seat may not be as amazing. It'd be way better than staring at some kid on a dad's shoulders, but it still doesn't seem like a good idea.

Carsland to me is wonderful, but it needs to be exclusively Disneyland. Especially considering Test Track is already at Epcot. It'd be a waste.

Considering Disney bought/is buying Lucasfilms (not sure if the deal is sealed or not, but it seems to be) a Star Wars Land seems to be the best choice.... Star Wars weekends will be way more often, I'm sure.

I'm still not sure if Star Wars could bring in the crowd like Harry Potter does, but maybe Disney knows something I don't. I'd rather them expand on Star Wars than make an Avatar Land. Star Wars seems more Disney.

...And now that I'm thinking about it, what about a Marvel Land??? I mean, they seem to be focusing on buying so many movie franchises lately. Marvel would really bring in guests if you ask me. It's going strong while Star Wars just has it's show "Star Wars the Clone Wars" which is good, but... well, it's not as popular as The Avengers or Iron Man.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter