Just back from WDW. Now planning next vacation

tzuhouse

DIS Veteran
We'll be doing a road trip through southern AZ, into CA up to San Francisco, over to Grand Canyon and back home. We just spend 11 days at WDW. Now, I'm trying to figure out how many days to put into the itinerary for DL. Looks there there are only two parks?

What we loved at WDW. Buzz Lightyear, cars, Space Mountain I see that they have all these at DL, also. Anything else that we might love that wasn't at WDW? Are there any boys characters meals? We did the breakfast at Crystal Palace, castle and Chef Mickey's during WDW trip. Not really looking to do a lot, but would do a boy character meal. DL will not be the focus of this trip. Just part of what we are doing for a few days.

Two days enough since we won't be trying to do EVERYTHING? Are there a lot of different things at DL?

TIA
Mary

I would say 2 days would be plenty if you're not trying to do everything. I went last year with my dad and sister for 2 days before the Rose Bowl, and we had plenty of time (well, other than the one day it rained pretty much the whole day!). We were able to get to a lot of attractions including ones they have at WDW as well.

At Disneyland, there are a bunch of Fantasyland rides not at WDW (Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, the Matterhorn...those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head that we did). I'd definitely try to do those...especially the Matterhorn!

California Adventure also has a lot of original rides. If you didn't do Soarin' while in WDW, do it here! It is great. There's also the California Screamin' roller coaster, the Sun Wheel, and the Bug's Land area. Again, there's plenty more, those are just the ones that pop into my head at the moment.

Have a great time in Disneyland! I'm sure someone will be able to give you some better information as well (I've only been there once, so I did my best to point out some cool attractions). :) :wave2:

I think any of the character breakfasts at the hotels would be loved by boys.

Paradise Pier has Lilo & Stitch

Grand Californian has Chip & Dale and Brother Bear

Disneyland Hotel has Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Minnie

We found the one in Goofy's kitchen to have the best variety of food.

As for not misses - the Matterhorn to be sure. Don't miss Small World because it is so much better at Disneyland. Pirates and Haunted Mansion are different as well so worth doing.

You need a full day at Disneyland itself and depending on what your family likes could do California Adventure in a half or full day. If it is still playing go and see Aladdin - great show!

Enjoy!

Thanks! I'm scheduling one full day at each and then the third morning will be for DTD or, if we have 3-day hoppers instead of 2-day, back to a park for a few hours.

Now I'm figuring out where we are going to stay, since some of these places need ressies to be made a year in advance.

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter