Just back, great trip

cattywampus

DIS Veteran
I appreciated those that posted positive reviews of their experience with MDE, Magic Bands, and FPP to balance out the negative discussions, so I wanted to add our experience.

First off, this was our first visit to WDW. That being said we are DLR vets for the past 35 years, have annual passes, know how to work the paper FP system, etc.

We also were the target demographic they are looking to maximize. We stayed on site at the GF the entire trip (no split stays), are major planners, did a lot of research ahead of time, did not need to maximize every possible ride/attraction, and were willing to spend money on hard ticketed events and extras. We were interested in doing all of the headliners, particularly those that were not duplicates of DL or are, in essence, duplicates, but are reportedly better at WDW.

We also were willing to spend money on MVMCP tickets to extend park hours to meet our west coast time change and ride attractions with little to no wait.

I dutifully got up at 3:00 am at 180 days and made ADR's getting most of the restaurants that we wanted (after making a plan for which parks on which day in advance of that). I stalked the reservations that I did not get the first try (BOG Dinner and Narcossees) and got both through that process. I also was successful at reserving the TTDP at 180 days out.

I also dutifully logged onto MDE at 9:00 pm 60 days out for FPP (the time change worked to my advantage on that one). We were able to get FPP for most of what we wanted. I got 7DMT for days 6,7 and 8. I decided afterwards that we wanted FPP for MSEP on our arrival night and was never able to get it. They added a second parade about 3 weeks before our arrival and I was able to get FPP for that.

We have four people in our group all linked in MDE with our hotel, admission media, MVPCP Tickets, Photopass, and credit card with pin number. Our magic bands worked 100% perfectly every time for everything we used them for: hotel room key; park admission; room charge for restaurants, merchandise, and other purchases; MVMCP access; photopass; and hotel parking access (we rented a car). I can't stress enough --they worked perfectly. We loved them and joked that we wished we had them in real life.

I was concerned because two people in our party were upgrading from parkhopper tickets to annual passes. I worried that they would lose FPP or some other data, but the guest services rep linked them perfectly.

Generally speaking MDE worked very, very well. I would agree with those that says the app can be glitchy or slow at times, and you are better off using the web address. I think it also depends on your phone. My iPhone has an older operating system than recommended. My BIL had it loaded on his iPhone 7 and I tended to grab his phone and make changes because it was very easy, so consider what equipment/phone you are using.

The one thing I did run into with MDE is that if you try to change a FPP experience, there is no going back. I was trying to figure out if we wanted to change FPP on our last day but we had very limited time in the park, so I really needed to see the times available. Once I selected an alternate attraction to see the times, I was could not cancel and keep the original FPP. The times were ok and it worked out, but that could be frustrating.

MVMCP worked exactly the way that I had hoped and we rode almost all MK attractions with no wait, even on sold out party nights. We literally walked into ride vehicles on Space Mountain, BTMRR, Splash Mountain (were able to stay on mulitple times and were surrounded by fireworks at one point -- very magical!), as well as just about everything else. We waited about 5 minutes for Belles Enchanted Tales, which I know can be a hot FPP goal. We still saw parades and fireworks and met a few characters but were able to ride headliners multiple times and get a lot done.

We were all disappointed in DHS, but as a disclosure a lot of the headliners are duplicates of those at DL that we can do with little wait on our trips there: Jedi Training (7 yo has done it many times and is no longer interested); Star Tours, and Midway Mania are all things we do regularly in Anaheim. We did Star Tours and TOT (we liked the way the elevator car moves forward prior to the drop sequences -- the California version does not do that) as well as The Great Movie Ride (um.... bad); Indiana Jones show; RnR Roller coaster (fun but all agreed we like California Screaming in CA better); and then we were bored. We waited out to get to our Sci-Fi reservations but decided to leave the park thereafter and not even stay for Osbourne Lights. It would have been another hour or two and we were finished. We went to WS at Epcot for the evening instead (we had gotten rained out earlier in the week).

We all liked AK better than we thought we would. We all grew up at the San Diego Zoo and just had a private party experience with Rhino petting and special up close presentation of cheetahs, wolves, and other exotic animals, so while the animal presentations were very well done, they weren't our main attraction. We really liked the theming (particularly in the Asia area, since so much of San Diego Zoo safari park is African based) and both the Festival of the Lion King and Flights of Wonder were hits. Expedition Everest is spectacular, both in ride value and theming. I really wish we had it in California. We rode it 3 times as a group not even using our FPP and just walking on around 4:00 pm. Then a slight crowd formed (maybe 5-10 minute wait) and the two grown women of the group rode two additional times -- the look on the 7 yo's face when we said to him and his father "give us your magic bands, we are going again" (for the 5th time) was priceless!!

Epcot was a mixed review. It rained on us this day. Thanks to all the great info, I knew to get us right onto Test Track with rain coming and it closed shortly after our ride and never re-opened, due to rain. We poncho'd up and did Future World in the rain. We did both Green and Orange sides of Mission Space. We did not find Orange overly intense and I was ok in the enclosed space (I can be claustrophobic but we put the 7yo next to me and I felt ok). We did not do Soarin because we can ride it at home and the wait was long (we used our "A" tier FPP on TT). My overall feel of FW is that it is outdated -- kind of like Tomorrowland both in Orlando and California. Like those two lands, it has a few nice attractions but not a lot of magic. I don't know that I would have a need to do that portion of the park again. We went to dinner at LeCellier and had a great experience -- food, atmosphere and service. It is expensive but we expected that. As a side note, one of the reason we got annual passes was to be able to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card to get 20% off food and drinks (including alcohol). It was a great buy. Between the AP discounts at shops and the TIW card, we saved a lot. It was raining hard and dark when we got out. We were determined to march on in our Mickey ponchos, but gave up shortly thereafter and decided to return another partial day to do WS -- which we did the day we left HS early. WS was fun and I can see how regulars enjoy all of the restaurants, etc. To me, it doesn't have enough attractions. It was nice and I would revisit but it isn't enough to draw me back to WDW.

Magic Kingdom was our favorite park by far. It is similar to the California original and some of the WDW attractions are equal or better (Splash, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan are all better at WDW). 7DMT is a great ride. Once the newness wears off, and the waits stabilize, it is a great addition and we were fortunate to ride it four times. It is the next stage of dark rides. BOG was spectacular (food was good but the atmosphere was outstanding). CRT was a lot of fun (even though 7yo decided Cinderella was entirely too terrifying -- we all agreed he will regret his choice not to snuggle up to her in about ten years!). He warmed up to the other princesses throughout the meal. Our server was great and the food (dinner) was surprisingly good. We expected ok food and just going for the experience, but really enjoyed dinner. The FOF parade is a top notch parade - loved the fire breathing dragon! We enjoyed the nostalgia of seeing MSEP again and thought the Christmas parade was great as well. We loved the fact that WDW uses their horses in their parades. DL used to do it many years ago, but don't really do it much anymore. Space Mountain at WDW is awful. It isn't anything like DLR and I wish for all of the visitors that they would tear it down and build the same attraction we have in CA. It is one of my favorite rides in California and I hated it at WDW -- painful so not even a score of zero, it is a negative score. I really missed having a good Space Mountain, New Orleans Square, and our Pirates of the Carribean. We enjoyed attractions like Country Bears and People Mover that we no longer have in California and unique things like Philharmagic, 7DMT and Liberty Square.

Overall, we thought the two sister parks were relatively equal (MK at WDW and DL in California). We like DCA in California better than any of the other parks so that combined with the 5 hour plane trip and extra costs means that we probably won't get back to Florida very often but honestly, we really enjoyed the unique attractions, amazing hotels and great restaurants that we don't have in California. The immersive experience of being at one of the monorail resorts can't be beat and we LOVED the GF! I can see how people stay at the hotels and don't even go to the parks sometimes.

The GF was gorgeous, service was fabulous, and the recent room renovations were great. The self parking for our rental car was very close (I heard it used to be very far away) and all of the ammenities and restaurants were top notch. The monorail seemed to be working at full capacity -- we were able to use it to return home after the parties and EMHs. We did not do rope drop, so I can't give any info on that.

Restaurants were really, really good -- better than I expected. Narcosees, Citricos, Le Cellier, Yak and Yeti, Sci-Fi, CRT, and BOG were all great experiences. Flame Tree BBQ was the best counter service (I almost wish we had one at home!) and the red velvet cupcake at Starring Roles was spectacular.

We had a great time and thank everyone on these boards for all of the information (good and bad) that helped us have a really well planned trip with enough flexibility (and recognition that we weren't going to see it all or exhaust ourselves) to strike the best balance.

WOW!!! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. I hope our trip in 18 days goes as well. It's nice to ehar things actually work (like FP+) since there are so many negative comments on this site. I shall post our results on the 22nd to let everyone know how it goes (and with a party of ten, it seems like we have a better chance of hiccups).

It sounds like you had an amazing time! I'm glad that you got the most out of your time on the East Coast! It's so nice to read some positivity on these boards. It seems like everywhere I look, all I see is complaints.

WOW! Awesome trip report! thank you for sharing!

We are going to DL next year in October...looking forward to our trip!

(We loved DL's Space Mountain too!!)

WOW! Awesome trip report! thank you for sharing!

We are going to DL next year in October...looking forward to our trip!

(We loved DL's Space Mountain too!!)

Let me know if you need any help planning or have questions about DLR! October is a great time to visit. :cheer2:

Thanks for the review. I'm a DL regular myself leaving Friday. Our planning processes sound identical so hopefully my trip will be just as great.

Something in your post got me thinking about something I never considered. Upgrading the tickets. How much is a premiere pass these days? My DL AP has recently expired. Would I save money to absorb the cost of my 10 day WDW ticket into a premiere pass? I can't get back to DL until March... But even so this might be worth considering. How did it work for the people in your party?

Thanks for the review. I'm a DL regular myself leaving Friday. Our planning processes sound identical so hopefully my trip will be just as great.

Something in your post got me thinking about something I never considered. Upgrading the tickets. How much is a premiere pass these days? My DL AP has recently expired. Would I save money to absorb the cost of my 10 day WDW ticket into a premiere pass? I can't get back to DL until March... But even so this might be worth considering. How did it work for the people in your party?

We had two DL trip scheduled in August and September, so we purchased Premium AP for DLR at $699 each. Normally, we bought lower tiered passes, but have also bought blackout tickets once per year because of a certain Saturday that we tend to go. The difference in tiers is $200, but the blackout ticket is almost half of that and the DL offers bigger discounts with the Premium pass plus complimentary parking, so we felt it evened out.

The Premier AP (both coasts) is $1029. When we subtracted the DLR Premium AP at $699, the difference is $330, which was less than we would have spent on WDW tickets.

The good: Not only did we save money on WDW tickets, it entitled us to buy the Tables in Wonderland Card for $100. We easily saved $300-400 using the card at table service restaurants. We also go merchandise discounts (generally 10% at WDW).

We were on a special stay, so hotel rates were already low but I believe WDW offers good AP rates. DLR rates are consistently lowest for AP holders and often offer extras such as one extra fastpass per guest or one stay, we even had a free dinner package for World of Color and had a great dinner at Carthay Circle restaurant.

The not as good: We upgraded to the Premier Pass last week but they will still expire on the anniversary of us buying our DLR AP's in late August. There was no pro-ration of the cost.

Still, it made a lot of sense for us and sounds like it might for you too!

I'm glad you had such an awesome trip! I've been to both, but I was really young for DL, so I don't remember a whole lot. I have a question, if you don't mind. If I wanted to plan a trip out there (someday, don't know when, could be many years!), how long should we stay? I would want to stay at one of the DL hotels, as well as see some of the area. Is a week way too long to see DLR? Thanks in advance!! :)

We are leaving fir home today and I had the same experience as you with the magic bands and FPs. Everything worked perfectly.
Enjoy your DLR trip. We went earlier this year and it was great! I actually prefer it to WDW. There are still low crowd times at DL and you can walk everywhere. No need to rely on buses, boats, and monorails.

We had two DL trip scheduled in August and September, so we purchased Premium AP for DLR at $699 each. Normally, we bought lower tiered passes, but have also bought blackout tickets once per year because of a certain Saturday that we tend to go. The difference in tiers is $200, but the blackout ticket is almost half of that and the DL offers bigger discounts with the Premium pass plus complimentary parking, so we felt it evened out.

The Premier AP (both coasts) is $1029. When we subtracted the DLR Premium AP at $699, the difference is $330, which was less than we would have spent on WDW tickets.

The good: Not only did we save money on WDW tickets, it entitled us to buy the Tables in Wonderland Card for $100. We easily saved $300-400 using the card at table service restaurants. We also go merchandise discounts (generally 10% at WDW).

We were on a special stay, so hotel rates were already low but I believe WDW offers good AP rates. DLR rates are consistently lowest for AP holders and often offer extras such as one extra fastpass per guest or one stay, we even had a free dinner package for World of Color and had a great dinner at Carthay Circle restaurant.

The not as good: We upgraded to the Premier Pass last week but they will still expire on the anniversary of us buying our DLR AP's in late August. There was no pro-ration of the cost.

Still, it made a lot of sense for us and sounds like it might for you too!

Thanks for the advice! I should have gone premiere in the first place but at the time I booked my WDW trip we were going to be taking a break from disney for a while. Since then, we've already booked 2 DL trips for next year. Lol. By the time it became clear we were going back to land, about a month ago, I had already schd dining and FP and wasn't about to change a thing. However, I never considered reverse engineering it and upgrading to premiere at the end of this trip. I'll seriously have to think about that.

I'm glad you had such an awesome trip! I've been to both, but I was really young for DL, so I don't remember a whole lot. I have a question, if you don't mind. If I wanted to plan a trip out there (someday, don't know when, could be many years!), how long should we stay? I would want to stay at one of the DL hotels, as well as see some of the area. Is a week way too long to see DLR? Thanks in advance!! :)

If I can hijack a little, I've always found 5 days to be the perfect amount of time at DL to see absolutely everything at a leisurely pace. You don't even need that long really - but it's nice. If you can afford to stay on property - go for it - but DL hotels are wildly expensive. I always stay at a good neighbor across the street. It breaks the immersion effect, but you'll save hundreds per night and with the exception of the Grand Californian - you'll actually be closer to the front gate than the other two "on property" hotels.

If I can hijack a little, I've always found 5 days to be the perfect amount of time at DL to see absolutely everything at a leisurely pace. You don't even need that long really - but it's nice. If you can afford to stay on property - go for it - but DL hotels are wildly expensive. I always stay at a good neighbor across the street. It breaks the immersion effect, but you'll save hundreds per night and with the exception of the Grand Californian - you'll actually be closer to the front gate than the other two "on property" hotels.

Thanks! I was pricing DL hotels just out of curiosity, and they were cheaper than a lot of WDW deluxes- fluke? I was just wondering if maybe it would be a better trip than WDW, but we're closer to Fl, so maybe someday!! Thanks again! :)

I appreciated those that posted positive reviews of their experience with MDE, Magic Bands, and FPP to balance out the negative discussions, so I wanted to add our experience.

First off, this was our first visit to WDW. That being said we are DLR vets for the past 35 years, have annual passes, know how to work the paper FP system, etc.

We also were the target demographic they are looking to maximize. We stayed on site at the GF the entire trip (no split stays), are major planners, did a lot of research ahead of time, did not need to maximize every possible ride/attraction, and were willing to spend money on hard ticketed events and extras. We were interested in doing all of the headliners, particularly those that were not duplicates of DL or are, in essence, duplicates, but are reportedly better at WDW.

We also were willing to spend money on MVMCP tickets to extend park hours to meet our west coast time change and ride attractions with little to no wait.

I dutifully got up at 3:00 am at 180 days and made ADR's getting most of the restaurants that we wanted (after making a plan for which parks on which day in advance of that). I stalked the reservations that I did not get the first try (BOG Dinner and Narcossees) and got both through that process. I also was successful at reserving the TTDP at 180 days out.

I also dutifully logged onto MDE at 9:00 pm 60 days out for FPP (the time change worked to my advantage on that one). We were able to get FPP for most of what we wanted. I got 7DMT for days 6,7 and 8. I decided afterwards that we wanted FPP for MSEP on our arrival night and was never able to get it. They added a second parade about 3 weeks before our arrival and I was able to get FPP for that.

We have four people in our group all linked in MDE with our hotel, admission media, MVPCP Tickets, Photopass, and credit card with pin number. Our magic bands worked 100% perfectly every time for everything we used them for: hotel room key; park admission; room charge for restaurants, merchandise, and other purchases; MVMCP access; photopass; and hotel parking access (we rented a car). I can't stress enough --they worked perfectly. We loved them and joked that we wished we had them in real life.

I was concerned because two people in our party were upgrading from parkhopper tickets to annual passes. I worried that they would lose FPP or some other data, but the guest services rep linked them perfectly.

Generally speaking MDE worked very, very well. I would agree with those that says the app can be glitchy or slow at times, and you are better off using the web address. I think it also depends on your phone. My iPhone has an older operating system than recommended. My BIL had it loaded on his iPhone 7 and I tended to grab his phone and make changes because it was very easy, so consider what equipment/phone you are using.

The one thing I did run into with MDE is that if you try to change a FPP experience, there is no going back. I was trying to figure out if we wanted to change FPP on our last day but we had very limited time in the park, so I really needed to see the times available. Once I selected an alternate attraction to see the times, I was could not cancel and keep the original FPP. The times were ok and it worked out, but that could be frustrating.

MVMCP worked exactly the way that I had hoped and we rode almost all MK attractions with no wait, even on sold out party nights. We literally walked into ride vehicles on Space Mountain, BTMRR, Splash Mountain (were able to stay on mulitple times and were surrounded by fireworks at one point -- very magical!), as well as just about everything else. We waited about 5 minutes for Belles Enchanted Tales, which I know can be a hot FPP goal. We still saw parades and fireworks and met a few characters but were able to ride headliners multiple times and get a lot done.

We were all disappointed in DHS, but as a disclosure a lot of the headliners are duplicates of those at DL that we can do with little wait on our trips there: Jedi Training (7 yo has done it many times and is no longer interested); Star Tours, and Midway Mania are all things we do regularly in Anaheim. We did Star Tours and TOT (we liked the way the elevator car moves forward prior to the drop sequences -- the California version does not do that) as well as The Great Movie Ride (um.... bad); Indiana Jones show; RnR Roller coaster (fun but all agreed we like California Screaming in CA better); and then we were bored. We waited out to get to our Sci-Fi reservations but decided to leave the park thereafter and not even stay for Osbourne Lights. It would have been another hour or two and we were finished. We went to WS at Epcot for the evening instead (we had gotten rained out earlier in the week).

We all liked AK better than we thought we would. We all grew up at the San Diego Zoo and just had a private party experience with Rhino petting and special up close presentation of cheetahs, wolves, and other exotic animals, so while the animal presentations were very well done, they weren't our main attraction. We really liked the theming (particularly in the Asia area, since so much of San Diego Zoo safari park is African based) and both the Festival of the Lion King and Flights of Wonder were hits. Expedition Everest is spectacular, both in ride value and theming. I really wish we had it in California. We rode it 3 times as a group not even using our FPP and just walking on around 4:00 pm. Then a slight crowd formed (maybe 5-10 minute wait) and the two grown women of the group rode two additional times -- the look on the 7 yo's face when we said to him and his father "give us your magic bands, we are going again" (for the 5th time) was priceless!!

Epcot was a mixed review. It rained on us this day. Thanks to all the great info, I knew to get us right onto Test Track with rain coming and it closed shortly after our ride and never re-opened, due to rain. We poncho'd up and did Future World in the rain. We did both Green and Orange sides of Mission Space. We did not find Orange overly intense and I was ok in the enclosed space (I can be claustrophobic but we put the 7yo next to me and I felt ok). We did not do Soarin because we can ride it at home and the wait was long (we used our "A" tier FPP on TT). My overall feel of FW is that it is outdated -- kind of like Tomorrowland both in Orlando and California. Like those two lands, it has a few nice attractions but not a lot of magic. I don't know that I would have a need to do that portion of the park again. We went to dinner at LeCellier and had a great experience -- food, atmosphere and service. It is expensive but we expected that. As a side note, one of the reason we got annual passes was to be able to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card to get 20% off food and drinks (including alcohol). It was a great buy. Between the AP discounts at shops and the TIW card, we saved a lot. It was raining hard and dark when we got out. We were determined to march on in our Mickey ponchos, but gave up shortly thereafter and decided to return another partial day to do WS -- which we did the day we left HS early. WS was fun and I can see how regulars enjoy all of the restaurants, etc. To me, it doesn't have enough attractions. It was nice and I would revisit but it isn't enough to draw me back to WDW.

Magic Kingdom was our favorite park by far. It is similar to the California original and some of the WDW attractions are equal or better (Splash, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan are all better at WDW). 7DMT is a great ride. Once the newness wears off, and the waits stabilize, it is a great addition and we were fortunate to ride it four times. It is the next stage of dark rides. BOG was spectacular (food was good but the atmosphere was outstanding). CRT was a lot of fun (even though 7yo decided Cinderella was entirely too terrifying -- we all agreed he will regret his choice not to snuggle up to her in about ten years!). He warmed up to the other princesses throughout the meal. Our server was great and the food (dinner) was surprisingly good. We expected ok food and just going for the experience, but really enjoyed dinner. The FOF parade is a top notch parade - loved the fire breathing dragon! We enjoyed the nostalgia of seeing MSEP again and thought the Christmas parade was great as well. We loved the fact that WDW uses their horses in their parades. DL used to do it many years ago, but don't really do it much anymore. Space Mountain at WDW is awful. It isn't anything like DLR and I wish for all of the visitors that they would tear it down and build the same attraction we have in CA. It is one of my favorite rides in California and I hated it at WDW -- painful so not even a score of zero, it is a negative score. I really missed having a good Space Mountain, New Orleans Square, and our Pirates of the Carribean. We enjoyed attractions like Country Bears and People Mover that we no longer have in California and unique things like Philharmagic, 7DMT and Liberty Square.

Overall, we thought the two sister parks were relatively equal (MK at WDW and DL in California). We like DCA in California better than any of the other parks so that combined with the 5 hour plane trip and extra costs means that we probably won't get back to Florida very often but honestly, we really enjoyed the unique attractions, amazing hotels and great restaurants that we don't have in California. The immersive experience of being at one of the monorail resorts can't be beat and we LOVED the GF! I can see how people stay at the hotels and don't even go to the parks sometimes.

The GF was gorgeous, service was fabulous, and the recent room renovations were great. The self parking for our rental car was very close (I heard it used to be very far away) and all of the ammenities and restaurants were top notch. The monorail seemed to be working at full capacity -- we were able to use it to return home after the parties and EMHs. We did not do rope drop, so I can't give any info on that.

Restaurants were really, really good -- better than I expected. Narcosees, Citricos, Le Cellier, Yak and Yeti, Sci-Fi, CRT, and BOG were all great experiences. Flame Tree BBQ was the best counter service (I almost wish we had one at home!) and the red velvet cupcake at Starring Roles was spectacular.

We had a great time and thank everyone on these boards for all of the information (good and bad) that helped us have a really well planned trip with enough flexibility (and recognition that we weren't going to see it all or exhaust ourselves) to strike the best balance.

Love it!

Thanks, cattywampus!:thumbsup2

3 days on the low side and 5 days on the high side for just the parks. Add on days for other activities that interest you. . Take into consideration travel time (eg will you have full days or arrive mid- late day); crowd levels, and touring style (commando needs fewer days) when you decide where on the 3-5 day scale you want to be.

If you can swing Grand Californian, it is so worth it (look for off season deals). The immersive experience is like nothing else. If not, I don't think the other two hotels are worth the premium. The DL monorail does not go to the hotels and it's service hours are iffy at best (it literally closes on hot days).

The hotels in the Harbor Blvd are closer and have a wide variety of price points. You can also stay at convention center area and use the toy story parking lot shuttle to get to the parks (they don't care if you actually park there or not).

Definitely get park hopper tickets. The entrances to the two parks share one courtyard.

This was a great review and I agree with you on all points with one exception:

I think Peter Pan at DL is better than WDW's :)

I love the Indiana Jones ride at DL. Hard to believe that Dinosaur at AK is the identical ride system. Indiana Jones is a far better use of the technology.

thanks for your cool report! I admit.... even as a WDW vet,(and I'm guilty of complaining too) that I have started looking for the positive reports- I want to hear what is going right! I hope after my upcoming trip with all the new things, I will be able to share good things too!

We were on a special stay, so hotel rates were already low but I believe WDW offers good AP rates.

Hi, I'm also a premier passholder and get to DL more often than WDW, but visited WDW last month.

If you're comfortable to say, may I ask what type of special stay you had that got you low hotel rates?

Years ago WDW used to have good AP discounts on the resorts, to the point where it was worth getting an AP just for that. In my opinion, not anymore. I bought this AP mainly with the goal of getting a WDW resort discount. But the same day that they announced the AP resort discounts for that month, there seemed to be no availability and everything I asked about, was already sold out at the very beginning. It makes me wonder how many AP discount rooms they ever had in the first place. The general public discounts were announced much farther in advance, and all their discount rooms seemed to go to the public before AP discounts were even announced, or at least that's how it appeared. I ended up booking through Orbitz and somewhat regretting that I'd even bought the premier pass, since I would only be doing one WDW trip on it (but still useful for DL). To those considering buying the AP and wondering about the price, please be aware that the quoted price usually does not include tax.

I actually prefer split stays at WDW, because I get to enjoy the different theming of more than one resort. I tend to prefer staying at three resorts per trip.

Glad you all enjoyed your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter