• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back. Here's where we ate

donac

Wife, mother, math teacher, quilter
We tried a lot of new places and a lot of old ones as well. We ate all our breakfasts in our campsite so these are all for lunch or dinner. (this is just coming out of my journal as we went through the week)

Trails End Lunch
McDonald's Dinner
Pecos Bill Lunch
Mexico Take out Dinner
Tusker House Lunch
50's Prime TIme Dinner
Pizza Planet Lunch
Out of the Park Bob Evans Dinner
Teppanyaki Lunch
Plaza Terrace Dinner
Blizzard Beach Lunch
Sci Fi Dinner
Land Food COurt Dinner
Trails End Dinner

Any Questions please ask.
Dona

donac
We will be going in 3 weeks. What were your fav.
places and what were your fav. foods? We are
going to try Tusker house and Trails End if we
get over to FW. Thanks

How was Sci-Fi And 50's??? Did you get a PB&J shake??? What did you order at the plaza???

I always enjoy Sci-FI and The Land Food Court.

Thanks

We have always liked to eat at Trails End. There is always a great selection and the food has been great. My guys love the fried chicken. At lunch they have subs that are cut. At dinner they have ribs and peel and eat shrimp. They always have chili, corn bread, biscuits and apple cobbler.

At the Plaza Terrace (the one with the outside eating area with the view of the castle) It is not the restaurant but counter serve. We got chicken strips and fries for my younger son. MY older son and husband split three pizzas and I had the bread sticks and the salad from the meal deal they offer.

The 50's Prime Time was great. It was a rainy night so the place was jammed. We only had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated. Cousin Lida was a hoot. The prices weren't bad. We had 4 adult meals, two beers, two cokes and a pot of tea and 4 desserts for about $82 . My sons thanked us for taking us there. We had a ball. We laughed the entire evening.

We had dinner at the Sci Fi and we would probably only do lunch there from now on. We had three cokes, a milk shake, three adult meals and a child's meal for almost what we paid at Prime Time. We did see someone eating a hamburger that looked great so they must have asked for the lunch menu because there was nothing that simple on the dinner menu. The food was good but for the price I would rather go to Prime Time.

The food at Tusker house was wonderful. My young son had mac and cheese, I had the veggie sandwhich and my other son had the chicken sandwhich. My husband went to get some chicken at the chicken hut nearby. The food was good and we found a table outside in the shade because there was no room inside.

Hope this helps

Dona

How did you enjoy Teppanyaki for lunch? Did you find the portions were big enough? We've only done dinner and were wondering about lunch...

Of the new spots you tried which was your favorite?

Would also appreciate hearing about Teppanyaki lunch experience.:D

This is the 2nd time we have done this at lunch and I felt the amount of food was plenty. My young son is not a supper big eater so he helped feed his brother and his dad. We all kind of shared because I love mushrooms and the guys don't. I was very full after that lunch.

The chef we had at lunch was wonderful. He was great and very friendly. He had a few new tricks that we had never seen before such as a volcano and space mountain.

My favorite new place had to be 50's Prime Time. I would eat there again.

Where did you eat at Blizzard Beach? On both our visits, we've eaten at the hut (not sure of the name) over by the kiddie area. Never tried "main dining area." We'd like to try something new for our next visit. Thanks!

Thanks for the reviews! How did you like Pecos Bills? I am anxious to try this on our December trip!

At BB we ate at the main hut near the entrance. My husband ate a pulled pork sandwich that was from another area by the slides. My older son had a chicken sandwich and my younger son and I had hot dogs.

At Pecos Bill's we all had either hot dogs or hamburgers. The fixing bar was great.

Tonac>> You need to go back to Prime Time if only for the PBJ shakes! Thank you for posting your wonderful reviews!

Debbie

Hi there,

Can you tell me more about the 'out of the park Bob Evans dinner' please?

thanks

Galaxy

:)

My husband has loved pulled pork since we went to KC Mo a few years ago. He inhalled the sandwhich. It must have been good because he licked the sauce off the plate.

The Bob Evans we went to was on Rt 192 going west out of the park. My girlfriend is from the Midwest and told me once that if I ever needed down home cooking at a good price to visit them. They are like a Denny's but just a shade nicer. They have a full menu and serve breakfast 24 hours a day. My youngest had eggs for dinner that night. The food is good and flavorful but doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter