Just Back Highs & Lows - 27th - 30th October

staceylc

Mouseketeer
Got back last night. We stayed at HNY & travelling was me, DH, DD (4) & DS (8 months)

Highs -
Meeting Ariel - this was DD's highlight of our trip. It was well worth the 90 minute queue. She chatted to DD for about 5 minutes & got loads of photos.
HNY - after reading mixed reviews I was a bit apprehensive. We've previously stayed at NPB, SL & SF so was wondering if it was worth the extra money. It was! No scrum at breakfast, the room was nearly double the size of the one at SF & they provided kettle for free For me to prepare the babies bottles. And that short walk was a god send.
Dreams - just amazing & shed a little tear at the tangled bit.
Dinner in Inventions - the character interaction was amazing. Tigger played hide & seek with DD & Gideon stole a mobile phone from the table next to us & one of the waiters dragged him back in by his ear & made him give it back. Our table was at the window so we could see straight into the park.

Lows
Crowds & queues - I knew it was going to be busy but the ride queues were loooooooong. We didn't do many rides during the day & waited until after 6. We also missed out quite a lot. Didn't get on Dumbo, teacups, carousel, Casey jnr, Discoveryland (except Buzz), railway, we missed the Halloween parade every single day!

Annette's - this is usually one of out favourite places to eat but this time we were so disappointed. Burger was dry & not up to the same standard as usual. I don't think we'll go there again.

Agrabah Cafe - This is more of a mid. The food was very good, very tasty but the service was terrible. I was told on arrival that drinks were refillable (they weren't). After waiting 20 minutes at our table I had to go & find someone to bring our drinks over. Then at the food they had run out of most things, then they ran out of plates. There was a lady queuing behind me with 2 disabled people and a French lady pushed in front of us (we'd been waiting for 10 minutes). When I told her she was pushing in she said that she was pregnant so didn't need to queue! Couldn't believe it.

My DH!!! - I can't believe I'm putting this as a low. He really doesn't enjoy theme parks in general so disneyland for him is a nightmare. He walked around the whole time we were there looking so miserable. He moaned about most things & has no patience at all. We have an 8 month old so things did take a lot longer to do than on our previous trips & there was a lot of waiting around. By the end of the trip I was an emotional wreck & couldn't enjoy myself as he was just whinging.
Next time he's staying at home with the baby. I'm planning on taking DD during the school holidays in April. (If I can afford it!)

My DH!!! - I can't believe I'm putting this as a low. He really doesn't enjoy theme parks in general so disneyland for him is a nightmare. He walked around the whole time we were there looking so miserable. He moaned about most things & has no patience at all. We have an 8 month old so things did take a lot longer to do than on our previous trips & there was a lot of waiting around. By the end of the trip I was an emotional wreck & couldn't enjoy myself as he was just whinging.

Glad to hear you had a nice stay at the Hotel New York. We are staying there in Jan and I've been reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and been feeling apprehensive about it to.

I think you should have just dropped off put DH in the Sports Bar in the Village in the morning and collected him in the evening on your way back to the hotel. :rotfl2:

Even then he would've found something to moan about. He was happy with the food in Inventions though.

Oh & if anyone else was in the parks on the same days as us you may have seen us walking around with fairy lights on our buggy. It was great, loads of people were stopping us saying what a great idea it was. It made it easier for us to find each other when we split up to go on rides etc...

Next time he's staying at home with the baby. I'm planning on taking DD during the school holidays in April. (If I can afford it!)

Sorry, this made me chuckle:rotfl2:

Glad you enjoyed your trip, and happy planning for going with your DD. I left my hubby home with my daughter who was just under 2, and took my 7yr old a few years ago, and I loved it. Always enjoyed our trips as a family, but when she was 7, my daughter was Princess mad, so we went to Auberge for lunch, well, I thought she would explode with happiness. It's lovely looking back on the times when you can spend a little 1 on 1 time with the kids:)

Sounds overall that you had a great trip :)

Glad you liked HNY - I've never found fault with it in all our visits. Trip Advisor is to be avoided I think. In general most people only use it to moan ;)

Love that you listed your DH has a low :lmao: My DH was a bit like that, he hates early mornings. So I now plan our EMH without him and if he decides to join that's fine. He's much better now. Maybe you need to make him go a load more times and then he'll be a bit cheerier :goodvibes

Sounds overall that you had a great trip :)

Glad you liked HNY - I've never found fault with it in all our visits. Trip Advisor is to be avoided I think. In general most people only use it to moan ;)

Love that you listed your DH has a low :lmao: My DH was a bit like that, he hates early mornings. So I now plan our EMH without him and if he decides to join that's fine. He's much better now. Maybe you need to make him go a load more times and then he'll be a bit cheerier :goodvibes

Totally agree with this, if every review was to be believed from TA then you wouldn't stay anywhere.

Glad you enjoyed most of your trip, shame about your DH. My BIL is the same and it brings everyone down on holiday which is a shame

:rotfl: I totally sympathise! My DH came with us once to DLP, now we leave him at home and have a great time without him. He loves WDW as we go at a more relaxed pace and the time dfference helps with the early mornings.
Been feeling miserable this week as last two years we have been during this week and our AP's ran out on Wednesday :sad:, however you have reminded me of just how busy October half term is. :scared1:

Welcome home! I too have one of those dh! If he does not stay home he spends the entire day in Paris and rejoins us for dinner at 9....he liked dreams lol. HNY is my favourite hotel love the spacious feel about the place and the rooms are a great size! Pity about the rude lady....but there always seems to be at least one rude encounter in Dlp!....we've had our share too. Happy planning for your next trip :-D

im not the only DH who gets more excited than the kids at Disney surely???
I'm never grumpy.

I'm much more childish and immature than the kids! I find myself skipping around the parks, and i end up dancing when the parades come along and i even had a rather sexy looking CM dancing and flirting with me last year much to my wife's displeasure. I loved it. I wound her up all week about it saying i could pull any woman i wanted in this park. She hated it.

she says im a kn*b.

I don't know who anyone can hate DLP or any Disney theme park for that matter.... I'm not a massive fan of theme parks never goto Alton towers or anything like that but absolutely love going to DLP and more recently WDW with my wife!!

In fact we have been to DLP 5 times in 4 years and WDW this year for our honeymoon, I actually can't wait to have kids so I can see there faces!! :-)

I actually can't wait to have kids so I can see there faces!! :-)

that my friend is PRICELESS!! And that is why i struggle all year to save up the money to go to Disney. Its the most wonderful feeling in the world seeing their faces light up.

It certainly is. Not sure if you can post photos on here but I have a lovely one of my 8 month old as Pinocchio walked in the room at Inventions. And the look on DD's face whenever she saw a character (meet & greets or the parades) was amazing.
She's 4 & she saw Minnie going backstage. She asked me where she was going so I told her she was going for a cup of tea & she then asked me if she had to take her costume off so she could drink it!!! I asked her what she meant & that it wasn't a costume as we're at Disneyland so it must be the real Minnie.
So deep down I think she knows they're people dressed up but when she actually meets them she forgets. (At least that's what I do)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter